Kentucky Opens as 23-Point Underdogs against Florida

Yeesh.

For the first time in decades, Kentucky will look to win back-to-back games at the Swamp, except this time they will do so as 23-point underdogs. The O/U is set at 57.

Look, last week I sat here and said to take Kentucky at 30.5. I also said take the under. Not only did Alabama cover 30.5, but they also doubled it, dammit. The Tide also hit the over BY THEMSELVES.

In my defense, I did not anticipate some crucial UK stars being ruled out of the game against Alabama. I typically throw my thoughts in on the spread six days in advance, but the COVID-bug bit the Kentucky football team and the Kentucky backers.

With no guarantee on what either roster will look like come Saturday, I would probably hold off on betting this game, at least until Friday night or Saturday morning. 23 sounds about right, and I would probably take Florida, but lessons were learned last night.

Go Cats, bet responsibly.

Article written by Brent Wainscott

Twitter: @BrentWainscott_

17 Comments for Kentucky Opens as 23-Point Underdogs against Florida

1. TBW3011
    2:39 pm November 22, 2020 Permalink

Yeah. Covid is why Bama covered. Lol

2. blueballs80
    2:57 pm November 22, 2020 Permalink

That’s it? After the Bama debacle, it should be 40. Offense can’t score and the defense is out there way more. At this point, we’re gonna need the defense to get us touchdowns.

3. Hi Im Reality
    3:47 pm November 22, 2020 Permalink

Brent you also said to take UK -17 and under 48 against Vandy. Maybe sports isn’t your thing.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:01 am November 23, 2020 Permalink

Maybe it’s gambling in particular that’s not his thing. I don’t know since I don’t gamble for moral reasons, but even if I didn’t have problems with it, I remember Skip Caray once saying people who bet on sports are nuts. The house always wins. That’s why Vegas builds palaces man.

4. Southky
    4:55 pm November 22, 2020 Permalink

Take Florida and the points ALL DAY LONG!! I’d say closer to 40 points. This offense probably won’t score a TD. Florida will probably score in the mid 40s.

5. catsby.5
    5:18 pm November 22, 2020 Permalink

I would have bet 2 months rent (and I live in downtown Chicago) on Alabama to cover even with all our players playing, and I would bet my car that Florida covers and, like many said above, that we end up getting beat by closer to 40. We’re talking about a team that beat a winless Vandy team when fully healthy by 3 at home, got boat raced by Georgia, got manhandled by Missouri, and lost to a bad Ole Miss team. This team has literally no redeeming qualities except that we force a lot of turnovers, but that’s only because the other team has the ball so much. Thanks God we’re only 3 days until basketball season.

• UKgrad80
      6:48 pm November 22, 2020 Permalink

Stoops really needs to do some soul searching after this season ends!

6. GoCatz
    5:38 pm November 22, 2020 Permalink

Just got beat by 60 and a 23 point underdog the next week….yeah, Stoops has really turned this baby around.

7. UKgrad80
    6:45 pm November 22, 2020 Permalink

More like 43

8. UKFanSC
    7:42 am November 23, 2020 Permalink

Dan Mullen is a modern-day Steve Spurrier, he will beat us as bad as he possibly can. Then tease us post game for our incompetence. Should be a fun week, just hope our hoops team doesn’t pull an Evansville and we’ll be fine.

9. dhard
    8:15 am November 23, 2020 Permalink

We will have our high powered offense in gear this saturday as we will go back to basics. That means, runs into the middle of first and second down and then on third and 8, our slant into the middle for 4 yards, if completed to our team, and more likely, an incomplete pass and then we get to punt. Then our defense mindset of playing soft, rush 4 and hope that the other offense will make mistakes. The lack of aggressiveness on both sides of the ball is disgusting. We have players on both sides of the ball that are not allowed to play with reckless abandon because it is not our style. Let the kids play and please, have some imagination.

10. Not Dan Issel
    8:15 am November 23, 2020 Permalink

I think it will be much worse than 23.

11. UKgrad80
    8:17 am November 23, 2020 Permalink

Louisville a 2pt favorite over BC I would jump all over that one!

12. Ryan Lemonds Toupee
    8:36 am November 23, 2020 Permalink

Mullen gonna make an example of Stoops Troops this year. Swamped the Remix

13. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:05 am November 23, 2020 Permalink

Count me among those who thought it would be more, although I know nothing about gambling, so…

It’s unfortunate that we blew so many golden opportunities against the Gators when they were down in the Muschamp & McElwain years. We should have won at least 3, maybe 4 (granted, 1 was the no-call on their delay of game, but we still should have made the stop…you can’t depend on the zebras). Oh well.

14. WKY Cat
    10:46 am November 23, 2020 Permalink

This can’t be correct!! All the pro Stoops folks said we’d beat FL this year. Lol