Kentucky opens as 12-point underdogs against Georgia

© Mark Zerof-USA TODAY Sports

© Mark Zerof-USA TODAY Sports

The Kentucky Wildcats will have to play for the SEC East as two-score underdogs next Saturday against Georgia.

Las Vegas has spoken, and the Bulldogs have opened as 12-point favorites against the Cats.

BetOnline also lists Kentucky as 12-point underdogs, while Opening has Georgia favored by 12.5.

What do you guys think? Fair?

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

68 Comments for Kentucky opens as 12-point underdogs against Georgia

1. robson15
    4:33 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Fair

2. Rick_S
    4:35 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

I’m betting one of my homes on Georgia

3. robson15
    4:35 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

If Terry continues the level of play from the last drive yesterday, the Cats stand a really strong chance Saturday. I firmly believe that Fromm hasn’t seen a defensive threat like Josh Allen yet.

• runningunnin.454
      4:40 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Fromm is hot/cold; and he was hot yesterday against Florida…so cold is due.
      Mr. Fromm, I’d like you to meet Mr. Allen.

• Rixter
      5:02 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

We’re 5 – 1 in the SEC. We were favored in only one of those games. I say, keep on betting against the Cats, heck bet one of your houses against ’em!

• syrin23
      5:30 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

I hope they do some up tempo stuff for him. He looked best when he didn’t have time to hold onto the ball and over think it.

• BigolBlue
      5:48 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Yeah he finally didnt dance around the pocket scared and fall down at line of scrimmage

• 4everUKblue
      7:15 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

If you ever say ANYTHING positive I’m going to CombatMedic_98 my pants.

• CombatMedic_98
      8:17 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

At some point you gotta find someone else to “carry” you dude…I like you too but thanks for mentioning me again…I’m cool with it but, every post you post my name is mentioned and I am beginning to feel stalked by you: C-R-E-E-P-Y!!!!

• bailey000
      11:18 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

I just CombatMedic_98 all over myself too.

• ClutchCargo
      7:56 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Just be sure to wipe your BigolBlue thoroughly before you put clean underwear on.

• henderblue
      9:29 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

You’ve caught on Clutch. 4everUKblue and bigbluebanana have caused me to Combatmedic98 my pants. Excuse me while I go wipe my BigolBlue.

• 4everUKblue
      9:00 am October 29, 2018 Permalink

Everyone by now should recognize the comment posting style of combat boy and realize it’s really slater. We should substitute slater in place of idiot, it’s a much lower ranking than idiot.

4. east-ky-boy
    4:39 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

As good as our defense is plus we are at home, I’m gonna say I disagree. Yes I would agree with us as the underdog but I’d go with like 8 points

5. clarks
    4:42 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

ga scores in bunches and we dont so i think its fair but win or lose i think we will cover

6. cats646
    4:48 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Georgia is about to crash into the big blue wrecking cure!! And there gonna stop the dogs like a brick wall!! They haven’t played anything like this defense, especially this defense with the east on the line!! Let’s not forget that Benny had a bad game at mizzou and is about to make up for it in the biggest game in recent UK history! Also, Terry has got his confidence back and can throw while Eddie gran has finally realized that we need to get Bowden and CJ involved!! Gonna be a long trip back for Georgia!!!!
    GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• cats646
      4:49 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

*crew. Wtf

• cats646
      4:50 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Also *theyre. Damn it I’m excited!!

• wyatts1
      5:40 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Damn right cats646, with our defense it’s gonna be hard for any team in the country to score over 25 points or so, and with our running game (which has been Georgias kryptonite) I see a hard fought victory, and a long time coming victory.

• BigolBlue
      5:48 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Gotta be 4 evers alter account

• CombatMedic_98
      8:18 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Right!

• cats646
      6:50 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Pipe down bigolblue, we’re talking football, you can get a word in when ballet season rolls around.

• 4everUKblue
      7:17 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Bigolslater I don’t need an alter account, I can tell you what CombatMedic_98 head you are from this account. You’re an angry loser….emphasis on LOSER! hahahahaha

• CombatMedic_98
      8:19 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Wow…this dude is STALKING me on here. Someone SAVE me from this FREAK.

• bailey000
      11:19 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

I’ll save u sugar

• cats646
      9:16 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Omg medic… sad. That’s the only word I can think to describe you with.

• 4everUKblue
      9:02 am October 29, 2018 Permalink

How about pathetic, loser and a complete slater, those are words that describe medic.

7. maximumscott
    4:49 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

The way our Offense has been playing fair. HOWEVER, if our offense can replicate the last drive of Mizzou or the whole game at UF, Miss St or South Carolina 1st half, with our Defense then I would say a coin flip. Our defense is scary good and i feel better than UGAs defense. They have problems stopping the run and Fromm gets rattled easy with a good pass rush.

8. Dallas
    4:51 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

I think it really don’t matter if we show up offensively I think we can compete with anyone. We all know the defense will show up.

• davis2319
      5:08 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Agreed. Our defense gives a chance to win against everybody. When I say everyone I’m not considering Alabama because that will be a huge test. However, from #2 team down we can play with anyone.

• syrin23
      5:32 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Most years I would agree, but this Alabama team is one for the ages. Their soon to be Heisman winning QB hasn’t even PLAYED one game in the 4th quarter this year. Alabama could put up 80 points a game if they wanted to, and our defense, as good as it is, has never seen an offense like Alabama has right now.

9. davis2319
    5:05 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

I think it will he bet down to about 8 or 9 points. 12 is probably a little high considering our defense and we are playing at home. I don’t expect many points to be scored in the game overall.

• Wilfred Smith
      5:17 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

This is my thought. The defense is so good, it’s going to be difficult to beat them by 13.

10. BluKudzu
    5:22 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

No turnovers and we win.

11. syrin23
    5:37 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Georgia has a high powered offense that doesn’t show up some games going against a top five defense, so we get the edge when they are on offense. The real unknown for me is Georgia’s D. If Wilson plays like he did the last five minutes of the game we might have a chance unless they shut the run completely down and make Wilson force the passes. He still took two sacks on that last drive, and the reality is the offense has scored just 4 TD’s in the last three games. We still have no kicker, so a close game has to give the edge to them.

• michaelb
      5:58 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Yea , we’re a nightmare match up for Georgia…. I think cats pull this one off with a Benny bounce back game

• Hurricane Powell
      6:16 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

A nightmare matchup, uga has better players at every position and will win

• syrin23
      9:39 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Bit at every position. Our defensive line is better than theirs and so is our RB. But across the board in general, you’re right, but that hasn’t translated into an over powering team. Florida was in that game until the very end, and they got completely whacked earlier.

12. michaelb

Hmm. Umm, ha no. Smh

• jorgepancho
      7:20 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

You are so naive.

• Hurricane Powell
      9:50 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Just being honest. Best chance UK has is the cold weather and hoping UGA’s very young team leaves a puddle on the 50 yard line at Kroger field. If based on talent alone UK isn’t going to win …it’s basically basketball season and the roles are reversed 😉

• cats646
      10:09 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Yea, you’re still wrong. UK will win this game. Georgia will not be able to do anything against this defense, Terry’s newfound confidence, and one very, VERY pissed off Benny Snell. Georgia fans should be Combatmedic98ing their pants right now. [whispers; I know you’re one of them]. Hope you don’t come to the game, gonna be a long drive home for you UGA fans.

• bailey000
      11:22 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

That’s right GA is gonna need a medic.

• cats646
      11:31 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Also the fact that you think Georgia’s basketball team is even close to as good as UKs football team is hilarious

14. jorgepancho
    6:18 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

While not as good as UGA, the 3 SEC teams UK has hosted at the “Grocery Basket” (or whatever we’re calling it) have averaged only 8 points per game – 7 by State, 10 by SC, and 7 by Vandy. Meanwhile, UGA’s defense has allowed points on the road – 29 to common opponent Mizzou, and a whopping 36 to LSU (whose offense is only better than average). So, unless UGA miraculously pitches a near-shutout, then scores the most an SEC team has vs. the Cats – 16 by Florida – then take these points to the bank. Kentucky has more underdog outright wins (4) than anyone else in the nation. And in the SEC?! Your Wildcats cover this, and have every chance to win. Wilson can indeed throw it. Snell most certainly can run it. Will Eddie Gran break out of his funk, and call a good offensive game? That’s the question. But this defense is as good as any in the nation, and will hold UGA well below its scoring average – just like the Cats have done vs. every other SEC opponent. Perhaps they “break out” and score 21, but UK will have at least 10. Take these points while you can!

• jorgepancho
      6:19 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

*20 points scored by A&M vs. UK, but 6 in OT.

15. CombatMedic_98
    7:09 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Uk wins by 6 with an INT in the 4th Quarter…

16. Kat4Life
    7:31 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Not surprising. Until we show some offensive spark we’re going to get nothing from Vegas

17. Shively1978
    7:56 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

I hoping for a little Georgia trash talk to light a fire in Benny.

18. Matt10
    7:59 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

I love the odds. Just what our boys need for motivation.

19. zoupman
    8:04 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

12seems about right to me.

20. CombatMedic_98
    8:22 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

We’ve played Georgia and Alabama really well last two years. I am calling for an upset and spoiler ALERT:
    Entering the ring of death this Saturday will be #4 JOSH PASCAL!!!! Watch the madness begin!!! Georgia doesn’t stand a Chance NOW!!!!

21. Mc12
    8:32 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Seems fair. Honestly my guess was around 14.5. The defense is good but Georgia will be the most balanced team we have faced although at times they are inconsistent. They are familiar with these big game environments. Our offense did well on the last drive against soft coverage. Bowden was great. If Conrad gets more looks and we can dominate the line of scrimmage we have a shot. Hopefully the energy carries them.

22. TBW3011
    8:39 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Stupid line. WAYYYY too high

23. blueblood4life
    8:54 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Kentucky’s defense will blow Georgia’s mind!!! Go cats!!! East champions on the way!!!

24. stanengle
    10:00 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

We were 6.5 point underdog against Missouri, so 12 against Georgia isn’t as bad

25. Larkin123
    10:07 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

Florida was missing top two CBs… That had a lot to do with the spread…

26. Larkin123
    10:08 pm October 28, 2018 Permalink

The final score…

27. UKfanman01
    5:25 am October 29, 2018 Permalink

Keep on hating Vegas

28. cats646
    5:46 am October 29, 2018 Permalink

“Never tell me the odds”

29. KYJelly
    10:05 am October 29, 2018 Permalink

If Kentucky can get back to making Snell the center of the offense and maintain the passing attack from Mizzou, we stand a chance … a good one actually