Kentucky not yet eliminated from playoff or conference championship

boom-will

We can all agree Saturday sucked. It’s right up there with the Bluegrass Miracle on the list of most heartbreaking defeats in the history of the program.

But, it was only one loss and last I checked one loss doesn’t end a season. In fact, four of the last five national champions had one loss on their resume. Did you know that? Did you? Look it up.

Then there’s the Southeastern Conference hunt, which the Southern Miss game had no bearing on as it was a non-conference game. Therefore Kentucky is still in contention to win the East and compete against Alabama in the SEC title game on December 3. The Cats are still sitting comfortably at 0-0 in the standings heading into the first conference meeting this Saturday.

So, yes, it sucked. But Kentucky is still mathematically alive for the SEC and NCAA titles.

Beat Florida. Let’s go.

Article written by Drew Franklin

31 Comments for Kentucky not yet eliminated from playoff or conference championship

1. LosingTradition
    4:25 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

😐

2. Jeremy D
    4:36 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

Puff, Puff, Pass Drew. Your F&%$#@ up the rotation.

3. 206Bones
    4:38 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

Wow Drew, even John Short said to “lessen the odds”

4. Broski
    4:39 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

🙃 I mean, it sucked a lot. But I’ll still watch a I’ll still cheer and get all upset when we lose. I’ll be doing from my couch instead of commonwealth stadium, but I’ll do it nonetheless. Cats, man

5. KYcats11
    4:45 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

Finally something positive! I can find 6 wins easily.

New Mexico state
    Sout Carolina
    Vanderbilt
    Mississippi State?
    Austin peay
    Missouri

• maximsm
      4:53 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

lol, based on what Stoops coaching ability

• WillySpankit
      6:25 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

Honestly, he’s not wrong. As bad as they were the other day, none of these are that far out of reach.

6. gcat4496
    4:50 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

Jim Carrey in “Dumb & Dumber”

Jim Carey “What are my chances”. Girl “Not good.” Jim Carrey “What do you mean not good, like one in one hundred.” Girl “I would say more like one in a million.” Jim Carrey “So your’e telling me there’s a chance.” Yes that’s what I like optimism.

7. 3 fan
    4:52 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

Damn Drew, you drunk!!!

8. BluKudzu
    5:16 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

Hmmm, CUSA cleans our clock, and we still have a chance? C’mon man. They don’t make that much Tequila to drink to make you think that? Right?

9. sincitycat
    5:24 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

Bear Bryant is not walking through that door.

10. Blue In Miami
    5:25 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

dont be THAT guy, drew. pathetic.

11. gottodoit
    5:28 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

I’ll probably take a little time off and go hide somewhere. We will be back. Maybe not this century, but we will be back and we will be a better football team – John McKay.

12. dgtuk
    5:29 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

Drew:

Thanks for the insight! Now that I think about it, it was probably very “strategic” to lose this game…now everyone will overlook us and we can roll toward the title game like so many before have with one loss.I was down but no more. God Bless You Drew Franklin!!!!!

13. Elrod The DadBod
    5:41 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

Gotta chug a lotta Blue Kool-Aid to be even half that optimistic but fortunately Drew I like Kool-Aid, so I am right there with you.

14. Kernel Sanders
    6:03 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

Final Four National Championship game here we come. All we have to do is beat Florida&Bama&Tennessee&Louisville&UGA. I mean why not UK? Why not us? Why not?

Well because our coaches are in way over their heads and we’ve been force fed Blue Kool aid, that’s why. We are no more in contention for the SEC East than we are to beat Bama in Tuscaloosa. Ain’t happening.

15. roundballwiz
    6:12 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

Were you watching the same team that I was? hahahahahahahahahaha Your Momma must have dropped you on your head a lot while growing up! Once again our Cats are the sorriest excuse for an SEC team I have ever seen and I’ve been a dyed in the wool UK fan for more than 60 years.

16. Dylan101
    6:51 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

Dude…. Really?

17. LvilleCatFan
    6:55 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

If we just stick with these young guys I think we could be seeing something special down the road. The talents there u can see it. Our team finally looks like an SEC team when u look at them as far as size and how strong our guys our at some positions. There are some NFL players on this team. I think the coaches are a bit inexperienced and it shows at times in they’re inability to keep these young guys focused for 60 minutes. I’m not discouraged by our ability to play the game of football just the way we don’t understand situations and the way we flat out quit playing at times. I’m still all in and I think any criticism should stay on the constructive side because these are college kids but at some point you have to get over the hump beat every team on your schedule you should and a cpl teams your not supposed too. That’s the crazy thing. We aren’t looking for w national championship we are just looking for a bowl game.

• BLUEsky
      8:29 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

Spot on! Funny thing is, if we had won the game everyone would be talking about Drew Barker for the Heisman trophy. We haven’t seen a half like that from a QB since Woodson. No one even noticed. There are a lot of good things to like about this team going forward. Plug the holes on defense and could have a decent season overall.

18. LvilleCatFan
    6:56 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

And find a way to beat Louisville things will be ok

19. Souf beach Lou
    7:01 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

every game is a bowl game from here on out. we havent been to a bowl game in 8 years? 10 Years? welp, we havent beaten those lousy stinking gators in the swamp since 1979, thats 37 years! I’d much rather see that win than some stupid bowl in shreveport. all in, lets go!

20. tippytoe
    7:05 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

“Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son.”

21. Souf beach Lou
    7:07 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

Where would we be if George Washington quit after he lost the battle of New York? We’d all be speaking english right now….oh wait

22. Bro Ken Leggage
    9:19 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

Same shit …..new-even-longer season. KENTUCKY Football has become beyond ridiculous.

“Far” St. OOPS!

23. Patches
    10:45 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

The North Dakota State coach is waiting on your call Mitch. If anyone does not know him look it up.

• Patches
      10:53 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

His name is Chris Klieman and has won a number of NCAA division 2 championships. He will not be there much longer before he is snatched up to win on a higher level.

24. Lip Man 1
    11:32 pm September 5, 2016 Permalink

I guess then after Saturday’s game they will be eliminated?

25. rlburd2
    12:56 am September 6, 2016 Permalink

I read this post, then immediately shat myself.
    LOL

26. UK Fan In Nashville
    9:49 am September 6, 2016 Permalink

Well, he’s not wrong. 🙂

27. UK Fan In Nashville
    1:37 pm September 6, 2016 Permalink

ESPN’s playoff eliminator eliminated Kentucky. So we’re out. It’s official.