Kentucky linebacker Chris Whittaker is in the NCAA Transfer Portal

(@chriswhitt2x)

(@chriswhitt2x)

Kentucky sophomore linebacker Chris Whittaker has entered the NCAA Transfer Portal, a source has confirmed to KSR.

Derek Terry of 247 Sports was the first to break the news.

Whittaker, who redshirted as a freshman in 2017 and didn’t register a snap in 2018, signed with Kentucky back in 2017 over offers from Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Notre Dame. A former three-star prospect out of Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood, Florida, Whittaker was considered 247 Sports’ No. 1006 recruit in the nation and the No. 133 prospect in Florida.

The 6-foot-4, 260-pound linebacker joins Danny Clark, Tavin Richardson, Sihiem King, Kengera Daniel, Sebastien Dolcine, and Domonique Williams as Wildcats to enter the portal.

Though Whittaker hasn’t officially announced his transfer and a destination has not been established as of yet, this news shouldn’t come as a major surprise. Kentucky signed arguably its best front seven since Mark Stoops has been at the school, with several of those prospects rumored to make an immediate impact in Lexington.

Attrition happens every year, but with solid depth and up-and-coming prospects ready to earn reps, Kentucky was bound to see at least a few departures this spring.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

10 Comments for Kentucky linebacker Chris Whittaker is in the NCAA Transfer Portal

1. ukkatzfan
    11:55 pm March 7, 2019 Permalink

DC was talking today that he wants 11 going after the ball on the field. Transfer portal is the other extreme in majority of cases.

2. weneedpitino
    6:10 am March 8, 2019 Permalink

Even if he does we will be fine, I wish him well if he does. My sources are not sure about next years class, but I can tell you that they are saying the following year we will have a top 3 class, maybe even possibly a #1 class. Things are only going to get better from here. Oh and one more thing my sources also told me is that mitch is thinking of writing stoops up a new contract signing him until the year 2037. Go cats!!

• Alex90
      8:20 am March 8, 2019 Permalink

Ok I get you’re a troll but why do you waste hours of your day reading and commenting on UK posts? I could understand 1-2 comments but you are literally commenting on every post. And you’re not even funny….it’s pretty sad

• meeksfor3
      9:29 am March 8, 2019 Permalink

@alex90 what do you mean he isn’t funny? He cracks himself up.

• 4everUKblue
      9:37 am March 8, 2019 Permalink

Alex, this is none other than BigolSlaterMedic, originally Slater, he has no life outside of trolling UK fans and is most definitely a UofLittleBro fan. I’d be bitter too if I were a Cards fan.

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      1:22 pm March 8, 2019 Permalink

I didn’t believe it at first but now I see what their saying. This is a parody account of slater. Slater always does that stupid source thing to bash Kentucky, this guys doing it to the extreme opposite direction.

3. weneedpitino
    8:31 am March 8, 2019 Permalink

Well, hmm mr. Alex sir I thought that’s what comment sections were for. Are you one of them liberals that only thinks free speech is for only the things you believe in. I’m a wildcat through and through, and because of people like timmeatwallet I knew I needed to step my game up, that’s why last night I stopped by Walgreens and picked up a pair of UK socks. Go cats!!

• truebluefootballfan
      11:18 am March 8, 2019 Permalink

How dare you…. those socks will clash horribly with your 90’s chin strap beard

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      1:25 pm March 8, 2019 Permalink

If this was slater he’d never buy UK socks because he has 20 pairs of Loserville and Puke socks he uses as spanking it condoms.

4. notFromhere
    2:18 pm March 8, 2019 Permalink

Disappointed things didn’t work out for him. Hope he finds a place he fits in and gets to play. I had guessed he would be in the mix outside.

That’s part of all of it with this game. You have to be patient and work hard to get better and either stick it out with Hope’s of earning time or transfer to where you’re needed more immediately and take advantage of that opportunity. Tough decision to make