Kentucky Leads NC State 13-0 at the Half

The Kentucky Wildcats owned the first half of the Gator Bowl.

UK possessed the ball for 11 minutes in the first quarter. Chris Rodriguez scored a hard fought touchdown and AJ Rose busted a few long runs, with his 44-yarder setting up one final score right before half. Ty Ajian blocked a field goal and Matt Ruffolo put two between the uprights. The second was made after a penalty wiped away an Allen Dailey touchdown reception.

NC State gets the ball first in the second half. UK is out-gaining the Wolfpack 253-87 after 30 minutes of football. Check out all of the first half stats below.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

18 Comments for Kentucky Leads NC State 13-0 at the Half

1. SuperTroy18
    1:42 pm January 2, 2021 Permalink

Always going to wonder how much better this season had been without an all-SEC gauntlet. Most likely an undefeated out of conference slate. Still, so nice to see a dominant half against a ranked team. Finish it off, Fellas. Looking good.

2. Southky
    1:52 pm January 2, 2021 Permalink

After watching the first half is there any question about who was calling offensive plays for this team. Can’t blame Gran, he ain’t there.

• T-Dog
      1:55 pm January 2, 2021 Permalink

To be fair, you can’t make wholesale changes with the offensive personnel we have on the field (Jimmy’s and Joe’s) and the short few weeks Gran has been gone. I would imagine we’ll see more of a difference when Coen gets here and he has some time to hopefully have spring practice and summer camp.

3. katmandue2you
    2:38 pm January 2, 2021 Permalink

Pretty obvious Big Dog ain’t the answer at OC. Coen must be watching this saying damn do they ever need me. But just for the record Gran with a change in offensive philosophy woulda been fine.

4. gasman01
    2:42 pm January 2, 2021 Permalink

We basically have controlled this game, but we could lose this game if we don’t get another score. Our lack of a passing game is an absolute killer!!

• Bluehender
      2:49 pm January 2, 2021 Permalink

Yeah and we have two passers watching from the bench..

5. Bluehender
    2:57 pm January 2, 2021 Permalink

I honestly believe I could have thrown a better pass there. The guy had a step on the defender but the pass was uncatchable…

6. WKY Cat
    3:04 pm January 2, 2021 Permalink

Come on T Dog. It’s not about changing the the offense or personal. It’s about coming out of TO’s with 3 and 5 and running it up the middle EVERY TIME. It’s the play calling. You have to be blind not to see Stoops controls the play calling.

• T-Dog
      3:55 pm January 2, 2021 Permalink

I’m completely with you. Play calling was terribly stale (as usual). The point I was making is that you can’t make wholesale changes with an offense that’s been coached the way they have for years in just 2-3 short weeks. The current offense and play calling sucks, but it would equally suck if we tried to go a totally different direction in December. To your point, running the same terrible play over and over in the same situation is ridiculous.

7. Section233
    3:13 pm January 2, 2021 Permalink

UK looks like a bunch of punks and thugs. How many unsportsmanlike penalties can you get. Sad and not a good look. We normally use bowl games to help recruit. This doesn’t look like a team I’d want to play for

• Bluehender
      3:16 pm January 2, 2021 Permalink

You have to start with Stoops. He’s the man in charge when it comes to discipline. Or lack there of..

8. panicpat
    3:17 pm January 2, 2021 Permalink

2nd half has been an absolute joke. We have zero discipline!!!!!

9. 4everUKBlue
    3:22 pm January 2, 2021 Permalink

I really enjoyed the two games last night…

10. 4everUKBlue
    3:24 pm January 2, 2021 Permalink

I’ve defende Terry for two years, but he is horrible, this game wouldn’t be close if we had a QB.

• Bluehender
      3:29 pm January 2, 2021 Permalink

Sup, 4ever? If they had a good QB they could have won this game. And yes Terry has been bad. He’s missed a couple throws I could have made. And those 2 games last night were good. I hope Bama beats OSU. I think they will

11. 4everUKBlue
    4:39 pm January 2, 2021 Permalink

Sorry I was trying to respond but the modbot won’t let me.

12. 4everUKBlue
    4:39 pm January 2, 2021 Permalink

Glad to see Bama win and Clemson lose.

13. Looother
    4:58 pm January 2, 2021 Permalink

My sources say it will be much closer by the end…