Kentucky gets a day game, finally

Game times for the November 7 weekend games were released today and Kentucky has a day time start, finally. The Cats are scheduled to kick off with Georgia at noon in Athens on a network to be named later. It will be televised on ESPN, ESPN2 or the SEC Network.

It will be UK’s first day game of the season after eight consecutive night starts.

Beat the Dawgs.

Article written by Drew Franklin

10 Comments for Kentucky gets a day game, finally

1. Rajonrondo9
    12:46 pm October 26, 2015 Permalink

Great, now my whole day can be ruined, instead of the end of it!

2. Dieter
    1:05 pm October 26, 2015 Permalink

I don’t see this as a good thing. My interpretation is that the media is jumping off the slight bandwagon of the early season, and we’re not getting anymore prime-time kickoffs. Back to the relative obscurity of the noon slot.

3. Finally
    1:11 pm October 26, 2015 Permalink

Good. That way I won’t feel bad about wasting 3.5hours of my Saturday night. Don’t feel as bad burning some time in the middle of the day. I really don’t think the media was much on our bandwagon to begin with, and we really didn’t have one. Making bowl games really isn’t an attention getter for top schools.

4. CatsBy80
    1:22 pm October 26, 2015 Permalink

if you’re the visiting team, you want all the noon kickoffs you can get… all these jerkoffs above me need to back away from the cliff.

• Its Obvious
      2:25 pm October 26, 2015 Permalink

…that we have some of the worst fans in the country…

5. Carolyn
    1:26 pm October 26, 2015 Permalink

Gonna be a ridiculously early morning to drive to Athens, but I’m good with this. Should be a slightly less rowdy atmosphere between the hedges.

6. Stuck in Rocky Snot TN
    2:08 pm October 26, 2015 Permalink

No redneck cow bells at this game..

7. Censored?
    3:39 pm October 26, 2015 Permalink

Moderation and censorship are very similar if there is nothing offensive in the text….

8. thirsty over 30
    4:01 pm October 26, 2015 Permalink

With a day game, that opens up a long night in Athens. Where are the best spots for evening festivities?

9. Danny Thomas
    4:17 pm October 26, 2015 Permalink

Figured we’d have this time much sooner in the season. We’re not really giving much reason to watch our games. Pretty much choked away every chance we’ve had to make a statement in front of a primetime audience Florida Auburn, and Miss State. We’ll be very lucky to get 6 wins this year, only one game that we should be win left on the schedule. Blue/white game tomorrow night though, so good days are coming and the football depression will be over.