Kentucky gains votes in USA Today Coaches’ Poll; sits at no. 32

stoops-comeatme

USA Today just released this week’s coaches poll with Ohio State still leading. The biggest rise was Michigan who jumped seven spots to 14th. Here is an SEC breakdown:

#5 LSU
#9 Alabama
#10 Texas A&M
#11 Florida
#12 Mississippi
**Georgia dropped out after being ranked No. 16

More surprising is how Kentucky was able to put its feet up, sit back this week and gain more votes. Last week the Cats received six votes and gained five more this week to push the team up to no. 32 this week. As Oscar Combs points out, the Cats have more votes than 5 opponents left on the schedule: UT (1), Auburn (0), Vandy (0), Charlotte (0) & UL (0).

Not too shabby. Get a full look at the rankings here.

Article written by Courtney Hessler

Ashley Judd is my spirit animal. Follow me on twitter at: @Hessler_KSR

8 Comments for Kentucky gains votes in USA Today Coaches’ Poll; sits at no. 32

1. The Rest of the story
    12:57 pm October 11, 2015 Permalink

Cats need more bye weeks to keep moving up lol

• BluKudzu
      4:16 pm October 11, 2015 Permalink

Too bad all the other teams on the bye week that did not get any consideration.

2. Knowbody
    1:48 pm October 11, 2015 Permalink

This was posted by Nick Chubb’s mother to her Facebook account 3 hours ago.

Gm, I thank God for being God and what an awesome God he is. Now I want to thank each and everyone of you for your prayers, text, calls etc. The outpouring of your love is an example of just how great God is. I can’t thank you enough. Nick has A PCL tear along with 2 other ligaments. It’s not nearly as bad as it could’ve been. They’ll wait for swelling to go down to decide when to have surgery. Possibly 2wks. Nick is in good spirits. Moma on the other hand is trying to hold it together. This right here, along with a few other things just helps put things into perspective. I do not doubt God or His plans. As matter of fact, I know I’m on the right track. We are going to increase our time with God and continue watching him work. Stay tuned. …..

• tyler max
      3:39 pm October 11, 2015 Permalink

Nick Chubb is still getting a world class education for free… :/

3. jimi
    3:22 pm October 11, 2015 Permalink

The lord works mysteriously. ……………

4. Rise
    4:46 pm October 11, 2015 Permalink

This could be the most favorable schedule UK has had in a long time. I still think we drop at least 3. Be crazy if we win out.

5. BlueArcher
    7:32 pm October 11, 2015 Permalink

Line opens with Auburn favored by a measly 1 point

• Courtney Hessler
      7:41 pm October 11, 2015 Permalink

Actually, I believe Auburn opened as a 2.5 favorite and it was quickly bet down to 1 point. Still.