Kentucky Football Week Six Bowl Projections

John Glaser/USA TODAY Sports

John Glaser/USA TODAY Sports

Kentucky’s loss to Texas A&M dashed our playoff dreams, but at 5-1 heading into the bye week, the Cats are still positioned to go to a very good bowl. Most prognosticators have the Cats playing in the Outback Bowl on January 1:

ESPN: Music City Bowl vs. Virginia Tech or Citrus Bowl vs. Wisconsin

CBS Sports: Outback Bowl vs. Michigan State

SB Nation: Outback Bowl vs. Michigan State

247 Sports: Outback Bowl vs. Michigan State

Sports Illustrated: Belk Bowl vs. Duke (!)

Sporting News: Outback Bowl vs. Wisconsin

Florida for New Year’s? I’ll take it.

[mobile_ad]

6 Comments for Kentucky Football Week Six Bowl Projections

1. ukcamel
    11:25 am October 8, 2018 Permalink

Not that I think this is reasonable, but if we win out we are still going to the playoff. That would require beating Georgia and then Bama in the SECCG, which is…er…unlikely.

2. Wade
    11:35 am October 8, 2018 Permalink

Crazier things have happened. Let’s win out and go the big dance by beating ga and playing bama for the sec championship. That loss to a&m isn’t bad, but you can’t get in your own way of success, I’m talking bout you Gran and stoops! Hopefully this team knows they are better than that game bc they are by far!

3. RondoTheDonThough
    12:22 pm October 8, 2018 Permalink

If we win SEC title I’ll wear a pink coochie hat and run around UK campus butt-naked until I get 100 indecent exposure arrests. I’m only 28 so I would have many more years to rack up the jail visits. I’ll call TJ and make the system pay.

4. gasman01
    12:32 pm October 8, 2018 Permalink

That loss Saturday night was HUGE!!!! We won’t beat Georgia, but had we beat A&M, win all your remaining games except for Georgia, we could have ended up in New Orleans…

5. jahanc2uky
    1:35 pm October 8, 2018 Permalink

UK is right now…. The 3rd best team in the SEC! Top 2 teams are in the playoffs, so we get the Sugar Bowl.

6. dbcline1
    1:28 pm October 10, 2018 Permalink

I think we will end up with a better bowl than most of these predictions! We certainly should’ve won the last game but we’re still in a great position to finish strong and I think we will!!! GO CATS!!!