Kentucky Football Midseason Bowl Projections

A win over Vanderbilt this weekend would make Kentucky bowl eligible for the third straight year. Where does the national media believe the Cats will land in the postseason? Either Florida for a New Year’s Day Bowl or Atlanta for the Peach Bowl (I’m ignoring that Music City Bowl prediction since the Cats can’t play in that bowl two years in a row…come on Kyle Bonagura).

ESPN: Music City Bowl vs. Syracuse OR Outback Bowl vs. Penn State

Brett McMurphy: Citrus Bowl vs. Wisconsin

CBS Sports: Peach Bowl vs. Texas

SB Nation: Outback Bowl vs. Michigan State

The Sporting News: Outback Bowl vs. Penn State

Sports Illustrated: Citrus Bowl vs. Penn State

It’s worth noting that the Peach Bowl kicks off at noon on December 29, two hours before the basketball team’s game at Louisville. If it were a lesser bowl, I’d say that would matter, but I’m sure John Calipari is fine with basketball taking a backseat to a program-changing day for the football team, especially in a rebuilding year for the Cards.

[mobile_ad]

12 Comments for Kentucky Football Midseason Bowl Projections

1. Sentient Third Eye
    11:31 am October 16, 2018 Permalink

Eh, it’s a January Bowl or bust. Citrus or Outback (unless we’re busy in the playoffs).

• DT in DC
      12:35 pm October 16, 2018 Permalink

I see ESPN apparently thinks we’re going to resort by to old UK football ways and barely gain bowl eligibility if they don’t have us in a better bowl than the Music City. I mean, getting to a bowl is nice, but I’m so over the Music City bowl. I just looked at their history, and in 20 Music City Bowls, UK has played in 5 of them.

2. va kat
    11:41 am October 16, 2018 Permalink

I don’t know why anybody takes these bowl projections seriously in October. Bowl committees haven’t contacted anyone yet. UK with 9 or 10 wins could still wind up in several bowls. All we know is that Bama probably goes to the semis, SEC 2 to Sugar, SEC 3 to Citrus, and then whatever the pecking order is for the various SEC tie ins. A 10 win UK does look good for a warm weather bowl however. I am hoping for Tampa or Orlando. Peach would be a let down weather wise, but otherwise, still a great bowl.

• bigblue98
      12:03 pm October 16, 2018 Permalink

Peach is bigger than either Citrus or Outback. It’s part of the Big 6. Other than semi bowls or Sugar it’s next biggest. If could play in Peach would be huge for Cats and further help recruiting.

• Justin
      4:23 pm October 16, 2018 Permalink

Not true. Bowl Committees have contacted schools. In fact, Citrus Bowl members were at Kroger Field for the South Carolina game. We will also have some in attendance this weekend against Vandy, but Nov. 3rd is still the one to watch for visitors right now. Outback is highly interested, but need they us to fall in the 8-9 win range to have a chance to take us.

3. CFP or bust! Nah, I won’t go that far I guess. One step at a time, or kick down one door at a time is what Stoops would say. However, making it to Hotlanta as East champ would be unreal! Assuming Bama is West champ, I don’t know how anyone can slow down Tua & co. Only if Josh is in the backfield like he was against Miss. State would we have a chance I think, and that may not happen since the refs are letting dudes hold him on every play. Bama’s D is not quite as strong as usual, but it hasn’t had to be this year.

4. va kat
    12:41 pm October 16, 2018 Permalink

I definitely wanna win the EAST and go to Catlanta, but not twice in less than a month. Surely we can get the Citrus or Outback instead of the Peach with a potential SEC runner up trophy. I need warm sunshine and oranges for New Year’s Day, not cold Georgia peaches.

5. ZRZynda
    12:53 pm October 16, 2018 Permalink

What if here…. what if we won out the rest of the season finishing 11-1. Obviously going to lose to Bama but we keep it close within 10…. any chance we take the #4 spot in CFP?

• ukcamel
      1:11 pm October 16, 2018 Permalink

I don’t think so. First of all, we will need to be convincing to get in the CFP. We aren’t Ohio St., we aren’t getting in unless we deserve it. Second, if we lose to Alabama in the SECCG, they aren’t going to put us at #4 in the CFP…against #1 Alabama.

6. gasman01
    1:28 pm October 16, 2018 Permalink

Guys, Georgia is a whole lot better than they showed Saturday. I don’t think they will lose another game until they play Alabama. 10-2 would get us to either the Peach or Citrus. 9-3 probably gets us to the Outback. Damn that loss to A&M…

7. zoupman
    3:39 pm October 16, 2018 Permalink

All I really care about right now is beating Vandy.

• UK Big Board Update