Kentucky favored by two TDs in opener

FullSizeRender

While placing my summer league and WNBA bets during my morning casino walk earlier, I checked out the futures for Kentucky football and basketball in the sports book.

If you’re feeling froggy, you can get the football Cats at 100/1 to win the SEC Championship. But if you’re looking for a quicker payout, Kentucky is a 14-point favorite over UL-Lafayette in the season opener.

Then there’s that 7/1 staring me down for Coach Cal’s boys to win the NCAA title in March. I did not ask for 40-0 odds, but the weekend is young.

Gamble responsibly. (Said no one ever.)

Article written by Drew Franklin

7 Comments for Kentucky favored by two TDs in opener

1. frankie stigers
    4:05 pm July 16, 2015 Permalink

40 and 0 baby

2. CatsBy80
    4:13 pm July 16, 2015 Permalink

i’ll take that Tennessee line all day. 3 TDs over a MAC school? Shouldn’t be an issue.

3. Vegas
    4:53 pm July 16, 2015 Permalink

Give me UL-Lafayette +14 all day long. They are no slouch.

• Don't Bet On Your Favorite Team
      10:44 pm July 16, 2015 Permalink

It’s just a bad idea overall. Hard to be objective but you’re right about UL-L. They’ve had a really good run the last 4 seasons even if it was a pretty pedestrian program prior. Hey how about that alliteration? 4 straight years of 9-4 records including 4 straight bowl wins. This is a legitimate non-conference opponent and actually pretty aggressive scheduling. Frankly some of our conference mates could learn a thing or two about beefing up non-conference tests. I get that EKU and Charlotte don’t jump off the page but UL-L and Louisville make it respectable. Florida was pretty fortunate to eke out a win over the Ragin’ Cajuns a few years back.

4. Randolph Vance
    5:19 pm July 16, 2015 Permalink

What fool picked Arkansas as a 32 and 1/2 point favorite over UTEP?

Give me the UNDER on that one! I’m smelling an UPSET!

5. frankie stigers
    5:40 pm July 16, 2015 Permalink

Arkansas will be a great team this yr! !!! Dont like the hogs but they are gonna be tough.

6. KevinM
    5:56 pm July 16, 2015 Permalink

Drew, lay 50 down for me on Ga Southern/West Virginia…..Ga Southern always a sleeper…took out Florida 2 years ago.