Kentucky falls to No. 21 in the Coaches Poll

© Randy Sartin | USATSI

© Randy Sartin | USATSI

After being nice to Kentucky last week, the coaches did no favors to the Cats this time around.

Following a disappointing 24-7 loss to Tennessee, Kentucky dropped nine spots in the Coaches Poll to No. 21.

It was the biggest drop of any team this week.

Alabama held strong at No. 1, while Georgia (No. 5), LSU (No. 10), Florida (No. 16), and Mississippi State (No. 23) rounded out the SEC representatives in the top-25.

Take a look at the entire poll below:

The loss was so bad that 5-5 Tennessee actually got a vote. Sheesh.

The AP Poll will be released at 2:00 p.m., while the College Football Playoff Poll will be released on Tuesday evening.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

16 Comments for Kentucky falls to No. 21 in the Coaches Poll

1. binarysolo
    1:39 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

Still generous tbh

2. angscot1
    1:39 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

Should have dropped them completely out of the rankings. They are maybe a top 40 team.

3. CoachCat
    1:44 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

Yup. We’re not a top 25 team

4. gasman01
    1:53 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

This team could not beat anyone in the SEC now. What a downward spiral. We can’t blame it on injuries.. it’s all coaching and lack of effort.

5. davis2319
    2:02 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

Should’ve been yanked out of the top 25. Crazy how we are still in it back to back weeks of losing by 17 points and hardly any offense

6. Jiminy Crickets
    2:05 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

Here comes the end of season crash we’ve had every season since he got here. We’ll lose 4 out of last 5, including the music city bowl. Meantime how’s Neal brown doing? Or Lincoln Riley? You know the coach stoops pushed out after 1 yeAr, and the other is the guy he sent to his brother because he thought Shannon Dawson was the better hire.

7. angscot1
    2:07 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

I HATE it!! I live in TN and now have to hear it from EVERYONE! Before this game I would wear my UK gear, not now, to embarrassing.

8. Bobbum Man
    2:26 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

Yeah I’d say they were still pretty nice… could have easily booted us out of the top 25 after that, and rightfully so

9. BigolBlue
    2:37 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

Gimme every team behind uk in the poll. We suck and are not top 25. Its a disgrace to the poll

10. murphy60
    2:41 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

This goes out to all fans. When will this Football team do something, well when no one shows up. I know to all of the tailgaters you won’t change. But you are the problem too. How about US THE FANS, tell the university by not showing up, and by staying at home. Guess what, tailgating can be done in your driveways and your closer to not fighting traffic. Yes would it show something, it would. Come on now, we went from being mentioned in the FBS playoff, to playing for the SEC east, to guess what, being the runt of the litter at the food bowl. 9-3 would be ok, but that’s not where we should be. Grandpa Eddie just still thinks the offense he calls will what, make us better? No, we’ll fall into that group that will end up in either Louisiana or somewhere that no one will go. So let’s let Mitch know we’re tired

• cats fan 858
      2:54 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

Your right with him recruiting the likes of turnover I take sacks terry who cares about his crappy recruiting I’d love to see an empty stadium to show where sick of this crap

11. runningunnin.454
    3:00 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

I don’t know, maybe we shouldn’t have put Benny and Josh on billboards in Times Square; didn’t exactly promote a team atmosphere.
    For whatever reason, we now have dissension on the team; and, it would appear the dream is over.
    I know one thing for sure; and, that is that 7 points won’t beat MTSU or UL.

• jaws2
      3:28 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

I’ve been saying for weeks that I hoped there wouldn’t be locker room trouble with this team but I think it’s here. Frankly I think this all on Stoops. He let Benny be ‘Benny’, which hasn’t always been conducive to the team environment. That Times Square stuff may have been the last straw for some other players on the team.
      Stoops should have, and I don’t know if he did or not, had a sit down with Benny and discussed his impact on the team when he’s in the public. I know from personal experience that when you’re a kid and think you’re all that, it sometimes takes an adult to bring you back to reality.
      I’m really concerned about our ability to put up points even against that dumpster fire in loserville. I sure hope I’m wrong.

12. murphy60
    3:16 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

How about disention with the fans? We’re the ones that spend money on a product that if it was for sale in the store would end up at Ollie’s. Vince Morrow bangs it out of the park when it comes to recruiting, but Grandpa Eddie flushes it away. And what happens, kid sees us, and decomits. We lose out. Let’s give stoops a good thank you present with a 1/4 stadium full. Call it the gift that keeps on giving

13. JohnnyCheeseSticks
    5:14 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

I agree. I refuse to go to anymore games with Eddie Gran as the OC. He’s already stolen so much from this state’s team. He needs to go back to a community college team.

14. Miller45
    5:51 am November 12, 2018 Permalink

God this is some brutal melancholy crap. I hope the players don’t read this shit but am sure that at the very least that some do