Kentucky falls to No. 17 in updated CFP rankings

It’s been a rough 10 days for UK Athletics. The Cats’ SEC East chances ended when UK dropped its first home game of the season against Georgia and the Cats followed that loss up with a stinker at Tennessee.

Kentucky dropped from No. 11 to No. 17 in the CFP rankings after Saturday’s disappointing 24-7 loss in Knoxville.

Four SEC teams are ranked ahead of the Cats (No. 1 Alabama, No. 5 Georgia, No. 7 LSU and No. 13 Florida).

I still don’t understand why Florida is being ranked above the Cats. Both have three losses and one for each team is against Georgia. However, UK beat the Gators AT the Swamp, and UK won at Mizzou. The Tigers stomped Florida in Gainesville two weeks ago.

Florida did beat Tennessee in week four.

Whatever. Beat Middle Tennessee and Louisville and all will be well.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by TJ Walker

12 Comments for Kentucky falls to No. 17 in updated CFP rankings

1. cats646
    7:39 pm November 13, 2018 Permalink

I’ll take it. Let’s kick a$$ Saturday. Go big blue!!!!

2. murphy60
    8:31 pm November 13, 2018 Permalink

To coach stoops. You don’t need to look any closer than your OC. It is his play called me that has us way outside looking in. You blame yourself, but it’s your OC that will be costing you 250,000. And you don’t show no emotion. I have seen coach Saban get in his players faces. You just look at the clock. Coach Smart gets in his players faces, you just don’t do nothing. Maybe it’s about time, if a player does something that can cost us a penalty, yank him out. Get EMOTIONAL. But hey, after this season you can say “what happened”? Why are we just being normal, not something that this state can be proud of. But instead this team will be going to somewhere that will be cold, and nothing open but the IGA. Thank you coach

3. KYCat4EVER
    8:39 pm November 13, 2018 Permalink

Weeks ago, when our CATS were undefeated, but our offensive execution was highly questionable, BBN wrote about the OC and his lousy play calling, and BBN called into the snark Stoops Show to suggest Mark Stoops change the OC due to pitiful play calling, only to have our Head Coach spout off about “our game plan” and “we know what we’re doing “… well thanks for sticking your head in the sand Stoops! You and your OC cost this team, and all BBN, what could have been a very sensational football season!

• ready4nineNOW
      9:49 pm November 13, 2018 Permalink

Hey KYcat , how old are you? Because I’m 32. Not once in my life has U.K. won more than 7 season games. If we win even 1 out of 2, best season of my life. Yes, somewhat disappointing, but still a first in my life. We still should win both though. 9 wins, that’s amazing for U.K. Look I get being upset with the OC, but Stoops got us here, a place I’ve never seen. I’m happy still. And I think we can keep this up, and maybe better in the next few years. Maybe not. That’s why I’m going to enjoy this as much as possible! #BBN

• TBW3011
      7:23 am November 14, 2018 Permalink

You’re older than 32 Eddie. Stop it.

• bluecrowe
      11:18 pm November 13, 2018 Permalink

you are exactly right. This season was supposed to be more special than it ended up being, because it is going to come down to one game being different from other seasons. We beat Florida on the road. Yes that is a big deal, but quite frankly we almost pulled it off three other times very recently. We do not look good enough to win both of the next two games and we will certainly lose the bowl game. Our offense changed at halftime of the USC game as many of you have mentioned. We had an all senior defense and they will ALL be gone along with Bennie. Next year we will look more like a traditional UK team. So in fact this year was supposed to be better than others because of the Senior talent on Defense. I do not like Gran’s offense and I feel he cost us what truly could have been a special year. What I think is especially frustrating is we had weapons on offense. We had one of the best RBs in the SEC and the best TE, along with Bowden. I believe we are suffering a QB hangover caused in part by the mass exodus of QBs after the weirdness a couple of years ago.

• cats646
      7:20 am November 14, 2018 Permalink

Why do we all assume that Benny is leaving? Gran has lowered his draft stock tremendously.

4. JohnnyCheeseSticks
    8:41 pm November 13, 2018 Permalink

Gran just doesn’t have that killer instinct. This team and group of seniors deserved better.

5. TBW3011
    7:22 am November 14, 2018 Permalink

VERY generous. On paper we might deserve it, but we aren’t even CLOSE to a top 40 team at this moment in time.

6. TBW3011
    7:24 am November 14, 2018 Permalink

Florida is ranked higher becaus right now they are way better. That’s why.

7. murphy60
    11:54 am November 14, 2018 Permalink

Here is what this is coming down to: DESPERATION WINS. And when you play desperate as a team, you will make mistakes. And that will cost you. Or in this case, this team. We don’t need dinosaurs calling the plays, we need offensive minds that can relate to the style that the game is being played at. And this does come down to stoops to decide and get with Mitch. We won’t get to that next level till things change