Ahead of the home-opener against Ole Miss, the University of Kentucky announced new gameday protocols and procedures at Kroger Field. Typically these rules only pertain to things like parking. In the middle of the coronavirus pandemic the rules are much more strict.
Tailgating of any kind is not allowed. UK has banned generators, trailers, tents, grills or cooking of any kind in the Kroger Field parking lots, which are set to open three hours before kickoff.
All fans must wear a face covering. The face covering cannot be a neck gaiter or a bandana. The only time a face covering can be removed is when a fan is consuming food or drinks in their seat.
Each fan that attends Saturday’s 4 pm kickoff against Ole Miss must also complete a health screening. Patrons must answer no to the following questions:
- Do you have a new cough, runny nose, congestion, headache or sore throat unrelated to seasonal allergies?
- Do you have shortness of breath?
- Do you have new muscle aches/pain/fatigue unrelated to training/workouts?
- Have you had nausea, vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
- Have you experienced a new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19?
- Have you had any fever greater than 100.0 or chills in the last 24 hours?
You can find more information here or by reading more from the press release below.
Fans attending games this season will notice many new protocols, put in place to provide the healthiest game day experience for all involved.
UK Athletics has taken advice from the Commonwealth of Kentucky, the University and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and has developed a plan that includes a number of new measures to promote a healthy gameday experience at Kroger Field. These measures include, but are not limited to:
- No tailgating, generators, trailers, tents, grills or cooking of any kind will be allowed in parking lots this season
- Parking lots to open three hours prior to kickoff
- No gatherings in parking lots prior to the game
- No RVs will be permitted in the parking lots
- Anyone around the stadium on gameday will be required to have a ticket or credential for that day’s game
- Fans with a parking permit should familiarize themselves with the location of their designated lot prior to gameday
- Mobile parking permits will be scanned upon entering the lot
Tickets/Entering Kroger Field
- Mobile ticketing and parking passes to reduce contact between staff and fans
- Fans are strongly encouraged to save mobile tickets and parking passes in their smartphone’s digital wallet prior to arriving at Kroger Field
- Mobile help zones will be available outside of gates 1, 4, 9 and 12 for those needing assistance with WiFi service and mobile tickets
- Gates will open two hours prior to kickoff. All gates, except Gate 14, will be open
- Fans are encouraged to arrive early and to enter and exit at specified gates, which will be noted on their mobile ticket
- The bringing of bags of any sort is strongly discouraged and only small, clear bags 12x6x12 or smaller will be admitted
Inside Kroger Field
- Requiring face coverings for all fans at all times, with the exception of when fans are sitting in their seats while eating or drinking
- Face coverings should be secured with ear loops or ties
- Neither gaiters nor bandanas are acceptable forms of masks
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization procedures throughout the stadium prior to and during all events
- Requiring fans to keep the proper physical distance
- Fans must sit only in their assigned seat. All seating is reserved in order to maintain physical distancing between parties in the seating bowl
- Providing signage in common areas to assist with physical distancing
- Hand sanitization and washing stations located throughout the stadium
- Concessions featuring cashless transactions