Kentucky and Louisville will kick off at noon

Andy Lyons | Getty Images

For the second consecutive year, the Governor’s Cup will (likely) have bowl implications for the Kentucky Wildcats. Assuming Mark Stoops’ team can manage to win this week’s game against Charlotte as 24.5-point favorites, it will need a revenge win over Louisville to earn a postseason bid.

Today, we learned that game is set for a noon kickoff in Commonwealth Stadium. It will be televised on the SEC Network.

I don’t blame you if you skip Saturday’s game with Charlotte, but please, for the love of Stevie Got Loose, show up in droves for the Louisville game. No matter how you feel about Stoops, his staff, the players or the current state of the program, we never want to give our younger brothers bragging rights in anything. Get in there and get loud.

Article written by Drew Franklin

11 Comments for Kentucky and Louisville will kick off at noon

1. jaws2
    1:02 pm November 16, 2015 Permalink

Damn, I had hoped we were going to have a BIG football year so we planned the Miami basketball game for Thanksgiving and I was leaving Sat morning at 6 a.m. flying back to Indy and driving to the loserville game. I had hoped we were good enough to make this an afternoon or night game so it wouldn’t be a tough drive. This is going to make it really tough. I must be the dumbest or most loyal football fan in KY!

• UK Big Board Update
      4:24 pm November 16, 2015 Permalink

You ARE the whiniest. 😉

2. constantinexi
    1:07 pm November 16, 2015 Permalink

Sigh. My football season craps out by mid-November as usual with Kentucky and Cleveland both raging stinking dumpster fires seemingly without end.

With the Reds also entering dumpster fire status this past season, Kentucky Basketball is once again, my only bright spot.

3. Howdy Doody
    1:11 pm November 16, 2015 Permalink

Sorry, I and mine have checked out for this season….just like our football team and staff. NO way I am going to sit and watch Hooker U pound us into the sand..Sorry.

4. Kytenorman
    1:24 pm November 16, 2015 Permalink

Should be a great game! UofL 64, KY 3. Another barn burner!

• tippytoe
      10:17 pm November 16, 2015 Permalink

Not that close. Tennessee had 52 in the third quarter before Butch Jones pulled the plug.
      Petrino will not be that kind.

5. papasnapper
    1:42 pm November 16, 2015 Permalink

I think I’ll rearrange my sock drawer and feel regrets if we do actually somehow upset the Cards. Now, if we pound Charlotte into the ground by 50 and look charged up doing it, maybe I’ll change my mind. Come out lackluster against Charlotte and the handwriting is on the wall for a 3 TD + loss to the Cards.
    Realism has set in for me. Prove me wrong, Cats!

6. Frank Lucas
    2:48 pm November 16, 2015 Permalink

Going to be an early 9AM game from Vegas.

7. southcentralkycat
    4:37 pm November 16, 2015 Permalink

Looks like 5am wake up to drive up for the CAT WALK. We will be there, rooting for our CATS just like at the Vandy game. GO CATS!

8. ilovekaturday
    6:11 pm November 16, 2015 Permalink

Maybe the rest of the nation won’t wake up in time to see us get beat by 90 by a kid from our own city smh good job mark #uabtheprogram

9. Howdy Doody
    2:02 pm November 18, 2015 Permalink

My tailgate troupe of 30 will not be there. After Vandy who wants to see Hooker U wipe the field with our teams body parts ?