Kash Daniel responds to ankle-twisting allegations: “Absolutely not”

Kash Daniel and the rest of Kentucky’s defense spoke with media members Wednesday evening, so No. 56 was finally able to officially respond to allegations he purposefully twisted Kyle Trask’s ankle following one of the Gator’s failed two-point conversions last Saturday. Of course, he responded in the most ‘Kash Daniel’ way possible – definitively, and with some grit.

“Do I talk a lot of crap? Absolutely. Do I bump a dude here and there to get underneath his skin and talk while I’m doing it? Absolutely. That’s a part of my game; that’s what I do. But am I out there to deliberately hurt somebody? Absolutely not.”

A video began to surface online Sunday showing an incident between Daniel and Florida’s quarterback, which showed Daniel’s hand near Trask’s foot after the play. The video doesn’t give viewers a clear view of the incident, but it is clear Daniel eventually rips his hand from the pile before jawing with Trask. The two were quickly separated.

Since the allegations started, it’s been hard for Daniel to take the criticism without having the chance to properly respond.

“I’ve kept my mouth shut about it; I’ve been biting my tongue as long as I can.”

As far as the “dirty play” criticisms go, Daniel is hearing none of it.

“That’s something I actually hold close to me. I’m a victim of a dirty play. If you don’t believe me, I’ve got a plate and seven screws in my right ankle to prove that,” Daniel said, referencing an injury he had in high school.

Daniel went on to list some of his lasting injuries from throughout his football career before detailing what he says actually happened with Trask.

“This surgically-repaired hand has two screws in it, [and] if enough weight goes on it, it still hurts like a you-know-what. My hand is caught underneath here, I instantly get stepped on, I’m trying to move shit around, I pull my hand up there last second… I got it stuck under a lineman’s leg with all that weight on it. Then I pulled it free from that, kept moving stuff, kept hitting legs and finally pulled it through. Maybe [Trask] felt something weird – I don’t know. But I’m not out there to twist nobody’s ankle or hurt nobody. End of story.”

And what did the Gators have to say on the field after the incident?

“I heard something [number] 56, and I play with an F-you mentality. When I hear someone say my number, I’m going to turn around and say it right back to them.”

To watch Daniel’s re-enactment of his hand during the incident, check out Eli Gehn’s video for LEX18 below.

Article written by Maggie Davis

13 Comments for Kash Daniel responds to ankle-twisting allegations: “Absolutely not”

1. JASUN74
    8:20 pm September 18, 2019 Permalink

Go Cats!! Lol

2. cats646
    8:41 pm September 18, 2019 Permalink

I believe him. But even if he did do it, I don’t give a sh!t. You know how many people I’ve done stuff like that too or how many times that’s been done to me? It’s football, like it or not, people do try to hurt people. Not seriously most of the time but in a dog pile you’re getting something pinched, twisted, or pulled. It’s just part of the game.

3. CombatMedic_98
    8:54 pm September 18, 2019 Permalink

ROIDS’ will do that to you…hope he recovers…stuff will make you crazy…change your whole persona…!

• lex cath
      10:13 pm September 18, 2019 Permalink

Rookie combat medic lol

• 4everUKblue
      10:47 pm September 18, 2019 Permalink

Slater is back to being his old self.

• jakew60
      6:48 am September 19, 2019 Permalink

Oh golly gee medic is back….. after a Kentucky loss what more could we expect

• CombatMedic_98
      7:40 am September 19, 2019 Permalink

Annnnd jaw line…LOL

4. Big Sexy
    1:22 am September 19, 2019 Permalink

Is it just me or would this have been a good place to post the video?

5. My Dixie Wrecked
    11:57 am September 19, 2019 Permalink

USAToday has the article now. The video is there. There are several shots of this on Twitter. WKYT has a great sideline video. He is clearly twisting the ankle. No doubt about it. Kash is a liar.

6. blueblood80
    12:39 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Yes My Dixie Wrecked, you are absolutely correct. The video definately shows intent to damage the ankle. We know stuff goes on under that pile of players. One dirty play, no one hurt – forgiven. But a lie took ALL of my respect for Kash, and it WAS a lot. Stoops should sit him one game. Always bleed blue though.

7. JASUN74
    1:40 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

He should have just said, “ I wasn’t trying to hurt him, just letting him know he’s in a Football game”! That’s all he needs to say. It’s not like he shot him or stabbed him. Lol. I 100% don’t condone trying to really hurt someone,but I think if he was really trying to break it he could have fairly easy. He did give it a little twist, but it was only for a second and he let go when he actually thought about what he was doing. Lol.

A whole lot of testosterone in those piles and every player does a little something extra, he just got caught on camera. Hehe. Cats fan or not, and I’m born and breed a UK fan, there’s no need to lie about from the fans. Kash can say whatever he wants, but if a Kentucky fan actually says,”I don’t see it”, or “he didn’t have his leg and twist it”, well their not really telling the truth. It’s plain as day. It’s not that big of a deal though since he didn’t hurt him and lord knows he could’ve. It’s always the second player that does it who gets caught though so I have to think it was maybe retaliation for something. Maybe not! Lol. I really hope he just admits it and move on. He’s sure in the hell not the first to do it and won’t be the last.

8. kfwa
    1:41 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

I went to watch the video on twitter, based on the comments above , expecting to clearly see him twisting an ankle. What I saw lines up with his story. Looks like he is trying to pull his arm out of the pile, while at the same time, not caring what leg or arm he has to move to get it out

• TonyMontana
      3:18 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

You might want to watch it again from both angles. I’ll defend my Cats for just about anything but I can’t defend this. Remember he said his hand was under a leg, but you see both of his hands gripping an ankle as if he was trying to rip a shoe off or something. If you just got tackled and felt that on your foot, you would be thinking your ankle is about to snap.