Jimmy Brumbaugh gets a raise

After losing Derrick Ansley, Chad Scott, and Andy Buh to other programs, Mark Stoops and Mitch Barnhart are doing what it takes to keep their remaining staff members on staff. According to the Courier-Journal’s Jon Hale, defensive line coach Jimmy Brumbaugh just got a raise and a contract extension. The extension, dated Feb. 21, 2016, runs through June 30, 2018, and will pay $300,000 per year. Brumbaugh’s previous contract was for $250,000/year and was set to expire on June 30, 2017.

Hale reports that the raise came after Brumbaugh turned down a job from another FBS program.

Congrats, coach.

[Courier-Journal]

6 Comments for Jimmy Brumbaugh gets a raise

1. inside info2
    6:27 pm April 18, 2016 Permalink

The same guy that can’t get Elam motivated to get out of bed each morning?

I can’t wait until the Stoops experiment is over at the end of next year and I can only hope that all of these raises that Barhnhart is giving out with no results gets him fired too. But I think our Women’s Fencing Team was ranked nationally this year!!!

• runningunnin.454
      7:04 pm April 18, 2016 Permalink

Yep; the 2nd string offense ran in from the 10 against our 1st string defense and nobody laid a hand on the guy. That’s gonna work real well against the 1st string offense of SEC teams.

2. Sarahvah
    7:44 pm April 18, 2016 Permalink

Lol really? This guy and Eliot should’ve been canned last year.

3. keiths
    7:25 am April 19, 2016 Permalink

I wish i could have been a mediocre position coach at UK. get rich while doing a crappy job

4. Jester
    9:44 am April 19, 2016 Permalink

I would give every member of the coaching staff a 75% raise and go 2-10 the next 3 years if it meant we got to immediately fire Mitch Barnhart in return.

5. CatFanDu
    9:48 am April 19, 2016 Permalink

I’m generally very up-beat on the program…BUT…

It would be a far better idea to put him on a commission pay deal. You know, Show some results and you get your dole.

Oh well, I guess it’s a sign of our liberal times, ie; getting paid with a low standard of performance.