Jeff Badet will miss at least two games with an eye injury

jeff badet 247

Some bad news from the Nutter Training Center: Mark Stoops just announced that sophomore wide receiver Jeff Badet will miss at least the first two games of the season with an eye injury he sustained from a tennis ball drill. Badet and fellow wideout Alexander Montgomery are the only two players Stoops expects to miss the opener.

An injury from the tennis ball drill? Really? The ghosts of Kentucky football had a laugh with that one.

11 Comments for Jeff Badet will miss at least two games with an eye injury

1. Common Sense
    2:00 pm August 22, 2014 Permalink

Catching tennis balls shot out of a jugs machine is an effective practice tool – assuming your wearing some form of eye protection.

• Safety dance
      2:08 pm August 22, 2014 Permalink

Can we all agree that those safety goggles should be 3 goggles? I’d pay good money to see that.

2. Rip Torn
    2:02 pm August 22, 2014 Permalink

If you can catch a wrench, you can catch a dodgeball!

3. Alec
    2:21 pm August 22, 2014 Permalink

Missing Badet and Montgomery is going to hurt. Other than Javess those two were going to be looked upon to make plays through the air.

• JaredCarterIsMyHomeboy
      2:24 pm August 22, 2014 Permalink

Good thing its just the first two games where they will be needed least. Only bad thing is they don’t get the reps.

4. BlueRedNeck
    2:23 pm August 22, 2014 Permalink

Didn’t something like this just happen to another player recently? Or do I have it mixed up with last year? Either way, between this and the bizarre chest-bumping ACL tear from last year, it seems like this football program is cursed. Time to call in a witch doctor and sacrifice a live chicken on the 50-yard line.

• Bluto
      2:35 pm August 22, 2014 Permalink

^
      I blame Jobu.

• BillDozer
      2:41 pm August 22, 2014 Permalink

Javess Blue last year took a football to the eye in warmups and it hampered him some

• Bobby Petrino
      2:45 pm August 22, 2014 Permalink

I tried to do the same thing in my first stint at UL, but our sponsors made me use KFC instead.

5. John Willen
    3:16 pm August 22, 2014 Permalink

Sounds crazy but this is a dangerous drill. I had a great teammate in high school who lost out on both a baseball and football scholarship after having his retina 90% detached from an accident involving this same drill. It took 3 years, six surgeries, and a lost scholarship before he was ever fully recovered.

6. Matt in Clearwater
    8:38 pm August 22, 2014 Permalink

It’s all fun and games till somebody losses an eye…easy fix here people…safety first; Don’t be dumba$$es…wear safety glasses.