Jason Hatcher will be at full speed this week

Finally, a bit of good news. Mark Stoops told reporters on today’s SEC Teleconference that after playing sparingly over the past several games due to an ankle injury, junior linebacker Jason Hatcher should be back at full speed Saturday. After watching teams tear holes through Kentucky’s pass rush the past few games, that is very welcome news.

Stoops was also asked about his team’s recent slide and how it’s mentally impacting the players. He said that this week, the staff’s just trying to get them to “enjoy” the game again.

“I’m not sure if they’re pressing or not, but we talked about a lot of things,” Stoops said. “We addressed a lot of issues this week and that is part of it with getting out there and enjoying it. Enjoying the preparation, enjoying the grind of a tough season, and enjoying playing football again. Getting out there and playing a little looser and enjoying what we’re doing and playing with that passion we need.”

Enjoying the game again? Sounds familiar. Maybe John Robic should go over to the Nutter Training Center and start a kickball game.

9 Comments for Jason Hatcher will be at full speed this week

1. secrick
    3:15 pm November 11, 2015 Permalink

How do we get so many players hurt, i know i don’t understand the game but it does seem like every year our best players get hurt, now maybe that’s because they are the best players and doing more than the other guys but seems like we have more than our share.

• ClutchCargo
      4:34 pm November 11, 2015 Permalink

I think the answer lies in our perpetual lack of depth. The good teams in our conference manage to start a highly rated Junior, who is backed up by another and another with similar talent and experience. They can afford to lose a starter for a few games because the next guy can step up and get the job done, whereas we mostly can’t.

2. Howdy Doody
    3:32 pm November 11, 2015 Permalink

Dang, I want to enjoy a UK football game too…sigh..sob..sniffle..

3. secrick
    4:14 pm November 11, 2015 Permalink

Please stop crying, you big baby.

4. chimichanga
    4:36 pm November 11, 2015 Permalink

Good news. Now, can we play him and 10 of his clones?

5. Glenn Fohr
    6:39 pm November 11, 2015 Permalink

So what if he doe play, they will just put him in coverage or something and then take him out on passing downs. this kid is a defensive end, small, but still a defensive end. he is not a linebacker. Wasting his time.

6. bigblueforever
    7:41 pm November 11, 2015 Permalink

Great. When Vandy is third and one, Hatcher will be another player in the prevent playing 25 yards off ball with the other 6 defensive players that manage to make it on the field. I L.O.V.E. IT!!! Go Big Blew!!!!
    I mean BLOW! I mean…. Oh hell, you know what I mean!!!!!

• UK Big Board Update