Jared Lorenzen Day set for the Arkansas game

Saturday, October 12 will be “Jared Lorenzen Day” at Kroger Field.

The UK football program announced it will honor the late Hefty Lefty when it hosts Arkansas, a fitting opponent for a Lorenzen tribute. Lorenzen led Kentucky to an NCAA record seven overtimes against the Razorbacks in 2003, after telling his home crowd they were going to “miss a hell of a game” as some fans exited the stands with Kentucky trailing in the second half.

Fans can use the offer code “TWENTYTWO”at Ticketmaster.com to receive $22 off tickets to the game. In addition to the ticket discount, UK will pass out commemorative towels on this special day to celebrate a Hall of Fame quarterback and person.

Article written by Drew Franklin

8 Comments for Jared Lorenzen Day set for the Arkansas game

1. Brad Morris
    8:03 pm August 22, 2019 Permalink

Perfection ????

2. mashburnfan1
    8:36 pm August 22, 2019 Permalink

Awesome, can’t wait but also expect something game 1. So will UK be sending season tix holders a check for $44 off my tix as well. It really does not pay to buy season tix as all the deals they have all year my tix would actually be cheaper to just buy single games, quite a bit cheaper when you factor in the Kfund charge for us.

• JD
      8:53 pm August 22, 2019 Permalink

Quit whining. At least you get to go to the games.

• mashburnfan1
      10:27 pm August 22, 2019 Permalink

Not whining but is a point. Why should it be cheaper to just buy single games all year than it is to buy season tix. Now I know they do special things for season holders but I live over 3 hours away and seldom get to take part in them, like tickets to Catspy awards, some other things they do locally. I am proud to help the program but every person that goes to the games helps the program. Just looked at tix for all the games and I can save about $200 by buying my 2 tix off ticket resale sites or specials through UK, would be about $300 if not for UF game being expensive. And I did not just look at cheapest price, I looked at decent seat for value. Just does not make sense. I, and others, have often said they should at least give us free soft drinks or discounted food for games to help with the rising cost. They did give the tour at fan day, so got to do that, but anyone could have done the tour, they did not check to see if you had season tix to let you in.

3. BG Cat
    10:13 pm August 22, 2019 Permalink

Ditto! Be glad that your season tickets support the program in a big way. You may not get anything xtra for being a season ticket holder, but ultimately, you are part of what makes the program grow and succeed. Be proud to be one of the most important parts of the program. Go CATS!

• BG Cat
      10:15 pm August 22, 2019 Permalink

Wish I was in a situation to be able to have season tickets!

4. UKinIN
    10:33 pm August 22, 2019 Permalink

It would be perfection if UK had won that 2003 game. Just shows how fragile life is. We were all watching and cheering for UK, and our one of a kind quarterback, never thinking about him being gone 16 short years later. Very sad.

5. Collie
    9:30 am August 23, 2019 Permalink

I was setting right there behind him in the first row. He said more than that to the crowd before that was said. It was a question about where the _ _ _ _ they were going. Classic.