It’s now official: Russell Wilson has lost his FREAKING Mind

Jason LaVeris | FilmMagic

Jason LaVeris | FilmMagic

Jason LaVeris | FilmMagic

Since the football team is off for the first day of school, I’d like to draw your attention to the NFL’s newest resident crazy person, Russell Wilson.  The league is full of ’em, but this is a different kind of crazy.

It started simply, and it had nothing to do with anything on the football field.  During a speech at church, Russell disclosed an epiphany he received one afternoon with his beautiful girlfriend, Ciara.

“I’ll never forget: She was on tour, she was traveling, and I was looking at her in the mirror. I was sitting in the dressing room, and she was getting ready to go, about 15 minutes before she went on stage. And she was sitting there, and God spoke to me and said, ‘I need you to lead her.’ And I was like, ‘Really? Right now?'”

Even though Ciara is a certified smoke-show, I understand Wilson’s choice to be abstinent.  There are plenty of people who do the same because of their religion or lifestyle choice.  I’m sure it isn’t an easy decision, ESPECIALLY with someone as beautiful as Ciara, but nonetheless, good for you Russell.

It wasn’t his first conversation with God.  Wilson is one of the greatest young QBs in the game, but he’s probably best remembered for a fatal mistake that cost his Seahawks back-to-back Super Bowls.  His interception at the goal line will be one of the most talked about NFL plays ever (why didn’t they just hand it to Lynch? WHY??!?!?), but Russell doesn’t see it as a disappointment.

“The play happens, and they pick the ball off. And I take three steps,” Wilson said (via NESN.com). “And on the third step God says to me, ‘I’m using you … I want to see how you respond. But most importantly, I want them to see how you respond.'”

I don’t care if that was what actually happened, but are you really gonna blame a career-defining mistake on The Lord Almighty?  Fans love a guy that goes to church, but he’s starting to take things a little too far.  In a Rolling Stone cover story, he took things too far.

In the game prior to that dismal play in Super Bowl XLIX, Russell took a nasty hit from Clay Matthews, likely causing a concussion.  There is no greater danger in the game of football than concussions.  CTE isn’t a myth.  The progressive disease that develops from multiple hits to the head is the primary reason Hall of Fame linebacker Junior Seau committed suicide.

How did Russell treat the concussion in time for the Super Bowl?  He drank plenty of “Recovery Water,” a product he personally invests in.

“I banged my head during the Packers game in the playoffs, and the next day I was fine,” Wilson said. “It was the water.”

He admits in the Rolling Stone story that there is no scientific evidence to support his theory, but also claims it helped a teammate get over a knee injury.  I think that hit to the head might have something to do with his reasoning.

I’m pretty sure this is where Russell discovered his “Recovery Water.”

CHEkahBXAAAF3M4

Russell is a nice guy and the face of a franchise that I enjoy, but since that final interception he’s had one of the weirdest offseason I can ever remember.  Hopefully it won’t hurt him when he takes the field this Fall, but Geez Louise, he’s gotta cut this stuff out.

You know who won’t be picking Wilson in a fantasy football draft tonight?  THIS guy.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

31 Comments for It’s now official: Russell Wilson has lost his FREAKING Mind

1. I Love It
    7:06 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

Yeah, I follow Complex Sports on twitter too.

Don’t steal jokes. It’s lame.

2. Xander
    7:06 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

Cut the guy some slack.

3. Marketing 101
    7:12 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

Yea but how many people are going to buy that water now?

4. turntable
    7:22 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

Take more blog material from barstool…..you can’t.

5. DesignatedDrinker
    7:23 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

Is this failed sarcasm? He has faith and principles so he is crazy? Would you prefer a cheater, divorcing the mother of his children who won the Super Bowl? I’m lost, but it’s not the first time. I’d rather have Wilson marry into my family than Brady, so maybe I am crazy or just am not following this completely random post.

• Kyblue34
      7:41 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

I totally agree, and am not sure what the point of this article is. None of this sounds very crazy to me, and Russell clearly was not blaming God for his interception!

• Nate
      8:40 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

I agree also. There was nothing wrong with what he said. It’s good to know there is still a minuscule amount of believers left out there.

• Bobbum man
      10:14 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

Yeah poor taste here… While I won’t get into my beliefs everyone is free to believe what they choose and who are we to say he’s crazy? Surely there was something better to write about, you could have instead paid tribute to the journalists killed today

6. JRock1966
    7:33 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

What is it about guys like Tim Tebow and Russell Wilson that gets on people’s nerves? If you do not like them, simply move on.

• GoodQuestion
      9:33 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

If one is completely comfortable with the idea that there is no God and is at peace with living entirely for self why would someone else choosing differently bother said person? Wilson and Tebow certainly seem confident in their spiritual values with no fixation on those who mockingly call them crazy. Why is it then that the one doing the mocking is so ruffled with those whom disagree?

7. HadHeBlamed"TheLordAlmighty"
    8:18 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

you’d have a point. He didn’t. He merely said the Lord was going to use his failure for His purposes.

8. Bluegrass
    8:54 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

This was a complete rip off of a barstool sports article.
    In school they call this plagiarism.

9. TheOnlyWayYouMakeSense
    9:25 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

The only explanation for this horrible story is to keep Matt from running for Congress. If this was written for any other reason besides pulling “reverse psychology” on your boss, by showing him the need for continued training, education, and good writing; based on your brilliant brain-fart of a story, Mr. Jones would not become Senator Jones as he would see there’s more work to be done with KSR. If this is the case; Nick, your story would be the GOAT KSR story. Hands Down, No Questions Asked. Unfortunaty, this is not the case and this was some weak ass shit. If Mr. Jones does run and voters come across this story, you will cost him votes. Please don’t ruin KSR with this nonsense. #votekiller

10. Andy
    9:27 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

Damn right Nick. Dude lost his mind after that concussion and i am sure God wanted him to lead her and ask for being the highest paid player as well. The shit that comes out of his mouth is getting nutty.

• YeahBecause
      9:36 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

a man leading the woman he loves is such a foreign concept to the entire history of humanity. As for his income is there a spiritual reason he shouldn’t be the highest paid player?

• Xander
      10:25 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

Yeah Andy, if he could only be more like you.

11. Kevin Reams
    9:49 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

A athlete speaks about his faith in God and he is crazy. Another athlete decides to go from a man to a woman and he is a hero. What in the world is wrong with people?

• OMG
      9:52 am August 27, 2015 Permalink

SHE is a hero. Oh my gosh you are so insensitive.

12. Josh
    10:26 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

I agree 100% with #11. I have said the same thing many times. Bruce Jenner is a hero??? But Russell Wilson is crazy because he believes in God. If you believe in God, and you don’t believe He can speak to people, then you really don’t believe in God.

13. Wooly Cat
    10:35 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

Come on Nick you can do better. Everything was a bit exaggerated, and the reasons were pretty flimsy.

14. BBN4L
    10:38 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

He is nuts. Stop bashing the writer of this story, maybe yall are a little cookoo as well. Do you REALLY believe that out of all the people in the world, GOD chose to speak to a football player? We’re talking literally here. Russell claims that GOD ACTUALLY spoke to him. Maybe yall hear voices in your heads, but I sure dont. I’m pretty sure thats called schizophrenia. How would you even know it was God.

So everyone defending Russell accepts that the following actually happened: “Hey Russell, God here… I know there’s wars going on, people being murdered in brutal ways every single day, terrorism is off the chain lately and dont get me going on starving children…but hey…that interception…that was me. I wanted to test you and see what would happen.”

…And for ripping this story off. This is a blog folks…there’s nothing wrong with picking up a story and writing your own little bit on it. Geez, you act like this is the New York Times or something.

• J-Dub421
      11:04 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

Don’t forget the magic water that healed his concussion. Which you can now buy!

• Ukbradstith
      11:29 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

God can speak to you and still be present for larger issues. I believe in the power of prayer, as many do, but using your logic God wouldn’t hear my prayers, because I’m just a school teacher. God speaks to believers (and non-believers), but it’s not exactly an audible voice in your head. It’s more of an overwhelming sense of direction and purpose. I’m with everybody else on here, doesn’t seem too crazy to me.

15. Charlie Warrior
    11:35 pm August 26, 2015 Permalink

Nick, you only show that you know nothing about faith. Next time you write, please find a subject where you can show some competence.

16. Uwe Blab's Perm
    1:59 am August 27, 2015 Permalink

Roush do you get paid to plagarize? C’mon KSR…you’re better than this.

17. Tltaworl
    11:24 am August 27, 2015 Permalink

Come on KSR. Why so judgemental. Whether you are a Christian or an Atheist why try to bring one of the good guys in sports down? Guy does a lot for the community, he has strong faith which he chooses to speak on and not hide and you say he lost his freakin’ mind? I enjoy reading this site and sharing it with other non-UK fans sometimes, but I’m embarrassed this was posted.

18. chimichanga
    1:28 pm August 27, 2015 Permalink

He’s talented, but he’s not a smart person.

19. Blindsider
    3:24 pm August 27, 2015 Permalink

I live in western Washington state, I am a sports fan & I believe everyone is entitled to their own beliefs without my permission or anyone else’s. That said, if someone holding a cardboard sign at the end of a freeway off-ramp were running off at the mouth like RW they’d be held for 72 for observation. There is no doubt in my mind that #3 has completely lost touch with reality. Remember in 2006 when Shaun Alexander claimed God was going to heal his injured foot? He missed the rest of ’06, had a dismal ’07 season and was last seen as a waterboy for the Washington Redskins. The Seahawks made a huge mistake paying Recovery Water boy all that money…

20. HighQualityH20
    5:09 pm August 27, 2015 Permalink

So here is the deal…I live in Seattle WA but originally from Kentucky. The water he is drinking is from a local company here. The water and the company who makes the water is legit. Im not saying it heals but it does speed up recovery time. It has gone though many clinical trials and is continually being developed. I know it makes good blogging but im a bit disappointed that the proper research of the product he is endorsing wasnt researched before you just blasted it.

• ZombieLibrarian
      7:57 pm August 27, 2015 Permalink

Same deal here….live in Western WA, originally from KY. I’d like to know where you got the info on Recovery Water. Not trying to be smartass, I’m generally interested. The guys on Danny, Dave, and Moore on 710 yesterday were kind of busting on him about the water, too. I have a hard time believing that claim myself, but I’d love to see what you were reading, because no one out here is saying it either.

21. ErickOoooooooh
    9:57 am August 28, 2015 Permalink

I’d like to think their are funnier things out there than a non criminal, highly educated, very articulate, well liked, players faith… Sucks that believing in something is a joke to a lot of people… Good luck Russel Wilson, I’m your downfall will raise you to infinite heights.

Ps: I’d stick to letting Drew Franklin handle the humor around here..,,