It’s gonna be a blackout in Starkville Saturday

The Cats travel to Starkville, Mississippi this weekend for a showdown with Mississippi State, and based on this promo video released by the Bulldogs yesterday, they’ll be walking into a blackout:

Because to survive Starkville, you have to be blackout, right? (Sorry, they set it up so easily…)

13 Comments for It’s gonna be a blackout in Starkville Saturday

1. Mixxy
    10:12 am October 20, 2015 Permalink

I guess it is a sign of some respect that our football team merits being the game for a blackout, right? I’m sure they wouldn’t have wasted one on us four years ago.

• J-Dub421
      10:39 am October 20, 2015 Permalink

You beat me to it, I thought the same thing.

2. THamp
    10:22 am October 20, 2015 Permalink

Anyone know what the stadium is like in Starkville? I’m thinking about going, but if the legroom situation is the same as CWS I’d rather stay at home. I pay good money and expect to be comfortable.

• Sandwich
      10:25 am October 20, 2015 Permalink

The music is really loud, so you probably won’t have a good time.

• Hamburgers
      10:27 am October 20, 2015 Permalink

I wouldn’t go to Starkville if you paid me. Worst city in the SEC rotation by a long ways.

• THamp
      10:28 am October 20, 2015 Permalink

Thanks for the heads up. I don’t mind if it’s too loud as long as it’s good music. Do they play any David Guetta or Bruno Mars?

• CatinMS
      1:26 pm October 20, 2015 Permalink

Having lived in Lexington and Starkville I can tell you Its vastly different. Their game day atmosphere is average at best, and then add in the cowbells. UK usually has a good following, the past few years anyway…usually pack one end zone to about the 20 yd line. My first trip was UKs last win by Brooks and Co, since I have to miss this one, maybe our luck changes. While it ain’t Lexington it’s a good opportunity to see the cats and usually on the cheap compared to other venues (2 years ago on the Thursday night game I scored tickets for 20$). I hope like hell we break the 6 game streak, tired of the cowbells and in-laws mouths.

3. RUPPS_rhetoric
    10:33 am October 20, 2015 Permalink

Give em props, that’s a decent hype video.

• CatsBy80
      10:37 am October 20, 2015 Permalink

I can’t tell if this comment is serious or sarcasm…

4. Outback
    10:51 am October 20, 2015 Permalink

Stoops just announced Drew Barker will see playing time. Oh no, wait, that was what he said before the Eastern Kentucky blowout. Oh no, wait, that is what he promised Barker if he came to UK, immediate playing time.

Stoops is going to black out if he doesn’t calm down on the sidelines. He freaks his players out. His stress stresses his players. Chill, this lose will mean nothing. Stoops has a free ride to millions of $$$.

5. Troll
    12:01 pm October 20, 2015 Permalink

Bulldogs are 11.5 point favorite, I think they cover easily.

• Katina Powell