In Charlotte for the Belk Bowl? Here’s what you need to know.
Tonight from 7 – 11 p.m., the Belk Bowl Fan Central will be open in the Epicentre, located at 210 East Trade Street in Uptown (which is really downtown). In addition to the restaurants, bars, and other attractions, the main courtyard will host cheerleaders, marching bands, and mascots to get fans ready for the big game. While an appearance from the team is not confirmed, Mark Stoops and Benny Snell came to a similar event last year at the Citrus Bowl, so keep your eyes peeled.
Tomorrow, the party moves to the Belk Bowl FanFest outside of Bank of America Stadium. This pregame event is open from 9 a.m. to noon and is the perfect combination of family fun, great food and entertainment with live musical acts, interactive games, face painting, official bowl and school merchandise sales. Cheerleaders and pep bands from both schools will be on hand to get fans ready for kickoff. Here’s a schedule of events:
- 9:00am – FanFest opens to the public
- 9:30am – FanFest Stage music performance by Late Night Special
- 10:00am – PurrCussion, Black & Blue Crew, and Belkie perform
- 10:30am – Belk Bowl Gates Open
- 11:00am – FanFest Stage music performance by Late Night Special
- 11:45am – Food and Beverage Sales Stop
- 12:00pm – FanFest is closed, Belk Bowl Kickoff