How excited are you for a third consecutive Jesse Palmer game?

palmer

Brent Musberger and Jesse Palmer will make another trip to Lexington this weekend to call a Kentucky football game for the SEC Network. It will be UK’s third consecutive game with the Musberger-Palmer duo on the mics, with Maria Taylor handling the sideline reporting duties once more.

I was unable to hear last Saturday’s broadcast because I was at the game, but I’m told Palmer referred to the Gators as “we” a couple or so times throughout the night. That doesn’t bother me all that much, but I know it drove some fans absolutely insane.

At least we’re getting a crew that is (or should be) somewhat knowledgable about the team, now that they’ve done a couple of games.

What do you think about the Musberger-Palmer broadcast tandem?

Article written by Drew Franklin

30 Comments for How excited are you for a third consecutive Jesse Palmer game?

1. Wendy
    5:02 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

I had to mute the game on Sat. It was as bad when we beat down OSU in the NCAAT game a few years ago and Clark Kellogg sprained his vag.

2. Poppschmidty
    5:07 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

They’re at least a good combo, and we can’t blame Palmer for being a homer. Hell, I just became a homer…see how easy it is??!?! Go Cats. Cats by 89.

3. Andrew
    5:15 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Just as long as Musberger gets Jeff Badet’s name correct – it’s not a french toilet bud.

4. Dude
    5:17 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

I thought he was quite complimentary of the Cats and Stoops staff. I have no problem with him whatsoever.

• catdaddyd
      9:02 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

The sideline reporter was horrible. But then again all sideline reporters are horrible.

5. CALI CAT
    5:19 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Palmer was very complementary of the CATS and especially the new stadium, glad to have him back.

6. Smyrna_Cat
    5:19 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Move on. Nothing to see here.

Palmer was just fine. No reason to over-react.

7. Bigcatinva
    5:29 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

I actually had more trouble with Mushroomburger….mispronouncing names and complimenting the gators at every step. Palmer like said before was pretty fair and at time praising the Cats.

8. BlueBloodtoo
    5:31 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

I thought Musberger was more annoying than Palmer. I actually liked Palmer, even though he was a Gator. Palmer was polite and said nice things about both teams. Musberger was still talking about UK like it was 4 years ago.

9. SheaDaddy
    5:38 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Musberger has always been a putz, but all in all, they did a decent job. Palmer is horribly monotone, but he was fair and knowledgeable. At least UK is on TV for us out-of-staters…

10. The Real Linda S
    5:41 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

If they would show Plamer’s pic more and mute Musberger I would be happy.

11. Blue
    5:49 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

I’ve never had a problem with Palmer, and usually enjoy his color commentary. He is knowledgeable, and despite the fact he is a Florida alum, he’s usually pretty objective in his analysis. Very similar to Herbstreit in that regard (and likely being groomed for a Gameday role at some point). Musberger, on the other hand, is out of touch with the modern game, and drives me absolutely bonkers. I wish he’d retire already.

12. Catcasey
    5:54 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Musberger sucks he hates kentucky at everything

13. fatbrat
    5:56 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Palmer is very informed and I have no problem with him. Musberger has one of the great voices in sports but seems to lose track of game at times.

14. John
    6:08 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Palmer calls a great game IMO. He was completely fair in his analysis Sat. Night, arguably gave more shoutouts to UK than his alma mater. Dude knows his stuff.

15. Paul Harmon
    6:20 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

After years of Rod Gilmore and the dude with the funny hair Palmer and Musberger are like Madden and Summerall. Started liking Musberger after CBS dumped him. He swallowed his pride, went to ABC /ESPN and has done a professional job ever since

• RexRox
      6:27 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Please! No more Gil more!!

16. Palmer
    6:23 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Palmer knows his stuff. On at least 3 occasions he couldn’t figure out why Stoops was making amateur hour coaching decisions.

17. nick
    6:28 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson are the best IMO. But i think Palmer and Musberger do a fair job

18. jimlowe7
    6:46 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Good broadcast team but Jesse DOES need to quit saying “we” about the Gators or the SEC Network needs to quit letting him work FL games.

19. Catfan in Va
    6:47 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Palmer was just fine, but when they kick it back at halftime and we gotta endure Chris Doering is when it gets unbearable. THAT GUY IS A TOTAL DOUCHE

20. Tommy Cats Fan
    7:23 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

I like Musberger and Palmer. I think Palmer is very fair. I never heard him say “we” about Florida. If these two are here, it’s a big game.

21. glenn
    7:34 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Palmer was very complementary of the defense. I like them both!

22. woolycat
    7:42 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

They do a good job together. I don’t mind listening to them.

23. lfcatfan
    7:53 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Palmer also spotted penalties on UK that should have been called. That was irritating. On most broadcasts I like Palmer.

24. Jaws2
    8:24 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

If we can’t contain Mauk, we’re dead Saturday. Bank on it.

25. Freak
    10:06 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Palmer is fine until he says “it’s third and California”! I hate that

26. Saul T. Nuts
    10:37 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

I like Palmer/Mushberger, but I can’t stand the frickin’ halftime with dbag Chris Doering.

27. Poppschmidty
    7:22 am September 23, 2015 Permalink

At least it’s not the cyborg, Rob Bromley…

28. StoopsFan56
    9:04 am September 23, 2015 Permalink

Palmer was extremely complimentary of our football program on the telecast. Talked about how any high school player would want to come to UK with our new facilities, coaching staff and the fan interest. Have no complaints with him at all.