Hey, did that stadium on ESPN look familiar to you?

College football started its 150th season today. First off, thank goodness we are back and getting ready for a huge season, but something about that field Miami and Florida were playing on looked oddly familiar…

It seems like the last college football game played in that stadium was… yep, you guessed it, Kentucky.

For me, it was an experience unlike anything I had ever seen before. It was absolutely amazing to be on that field for such a big game with so much meaning and importance like that. Being a part of the pre-game festivities was one of the best experiences I have ever had while marching with the Wildcat Marching Band. It was on a different level. If you weren’t there, here’s what it was like from up above:

The field was perfect and the Florida sun was very kind on the first day of 2019. Something I’ll certainly never forget.

As we are now less than one week away from the game against Toledo, let’s go down memory lane and watch some epic moments from the last game played in that stadium.

Remember that fake punt? I bet Mark Stoops does…

Oh, and what about Lynn Bowden’s amazing plays, including this ridiculous punt return?

Lastly, do you remember history?

The countdown is almost done… Hope to see everyone out at Kroger Field next Saturday to see the Wildcats take down the Rockets.

Go Cats!

Article written by Hayden Hooper

20 Comments for Hey, did that stadium on ESPN look familiar to you?

1. 4everUKblue
    10:10 pm August 24, 2019 Permalink

I never get tired of watching that Bowden take that one to the house.

• grammarpoliceUK
      3:01 pm August 25, 2019 Permalink

The look on the Penn State players, coaches, and fan’s faces after the return are absolutely priceless!

2. mashburnfan1
    10:15 pm August 24, 2019 Permalink

I was at the Outback Bowl loss to PSU, lived in Fl at the time so it was easy. Now in Ohio but no way was I going to miss this rematch. So many memories made from that great week in Orlando.

• notFromhere
      12:15 am August 25, 2019 Permalink

I, too, was at that Outback Bowl. With a healthy Marlon Mcree and not losing our TE to injury a lot would have been different both that game and long term…

Great to see this program get to where we knew it could go.

3. IndianaSucks
    10:16 pm August 24, 2019 Permalink

“Mr. Madison, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”

4. dcforuk
    10:38 pm August 24, 2019 Permalink

If you did not like the post or responses, a simple wrong would have been just fine!

5. Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
    10:50 pm August 24, 2019 Permalink

At least our game there was worth watching because the game I just saw sucked.

• runningunnin.454
      11:03 pm August 24, 2019 Permalink

Yep, Florida was unprepared, undisciplined, and immature. Play calls in last 4:00 were questionable.
      It would appear if you need a 1st down, just put it in the air, and their secondary will get a flag.
      I think we take them down again.

• mashburnfan1
      1:26 am August 25, 2019 Permalink

But their defense was good, had like 10 sacks. Bet Williams wishes he had our Oline, oh wait he could have had our line and chose not to. Good luck on making it through this season after that beating you just took. Will also give credit as he did show toughness.

• runningunnin.454
      2:00 am August 25, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, the defense saved the Gators.

6. cats646
    11:02 pm August 24, 2019 Permalink

I’ve got a bad taste in my mouth from rooting for Fla. but I’m glad they won. Now let’s go fuk them up in week three!!
    BRING IT!!!!

7. evilcarl
    11:04 pm August 24, 2019 Permalink

I quit watching the band or caring about “Chuck Mangione hits in the 70’s” during a 2005 halftime show when I learned the boy nerds hazed and sexually assaulted the girl nerds. And many, many, many other nerds encouraged and cheered it on. And that includes the head nerd at the time encouraging rape and hazing of 17 and 18 year old girls while he watched. I’ve been ashamed. I’ve never been more ashamed to wear blue and white. I’m sorry to bring the truth. The band at UK brings down the atmosphere. When I watch the alumni band during in the winter, I want to vomit. Most of them are “professionals” that are felons disguised and labeled as “misconduct”. I’d rather we pay players than learn what the band did in the 90’s and 2000’s. At least paying players isn’t breaking the law.

• cats646
      11:07 pm August 24, 2019 Permalink

What are you talking about? Lol

• evilcarl
      11:12 pm August 24, 2019 Permalink

UK had a scandal where the band decided they could just do whatever the hell they wanted, including sexual assault and hazing. And the band director encouraged it. But now I question it because who the hell is going to rape that girl in the picture, back row on the left? Anyway…all that happened in the band. Even worse.

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      11:18 pm August 24, 2019 Permalink

Evil car”dina”l why are you putting that Louisville basketball players crap on our band. We all know about the underage girls drinking in the sports dorms. Pitino tried to cover it up before having to kick guys off the team.

8. satcheluk
    11:37 pm August 24, 2019 Permalink

UF looked like crap. We have a real shot at an upset in Lex.

• IndianaSucks
      12:41 am August 25, 2019 Permalink

I don’t see it but I hope you’re right!

• UKiyaoyas
      8:02 am August 25, 2019 Permalink

Miami O-Line was TERRIBLE. Brand new QB and UF only won by 4 to a team they sacked 10 times.

9. Bob_DeFoor
    12:58 pm August 25, 2019 Permalink

What a great post! Thanks for the memories!!

10. dukeisking
    5:13 pm August 25, 2019 Permalink

Jesus it’s the citrus bowl people.. set your goals higher. It wasn’t the top 6 or the college football playoffs.. WEAK