Halftime Stats: UK 7, Vanderbilt 7

It wasn’t pretty.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

40 Comments for Halftime Stats: UK 7, Vanderbilt 7

1. playmorezeppelin
    9:00 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

I’m sure we’ll come out better in the second but that was a terrible half of offense.

2. east-ky-boy
    9:04 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

According to KSR, Wilson is a phenom. Just because he can run fast. Gezzzz
    Imagine if we had someone who could throw and make the simple plays and not turn the ball over! With what we have in Benny, we would be hard to stop

• 4everUKblue
      9:09 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

It would be nice if Kentucky fans could be more supportive and less cry babies.

• 4everUKblue
      9:11 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

You do realize there was a 17 mph wind in their face right?

• east-ky-boy
      9:31 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

You do realize he’s sucked at throwing every game right?

• Wade
      10:40 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

Still never got cj or Lynn the ball… doesn’t run through arm tackles, shakes too much,indecisive,doesn’t hit the corner and go, and another chance to get a first down after 2 turnovers and runs out of bounds on third down when only one defender in front of him…. idk bc Gunnar must suck to never give him a few drives. When gunnar has come in before he has looked good to me as a passer. I don’t believe terry has totally earned it. Like the kid but damn our d , oline, and running back is great even when you know it’s coming with Benny. Miles Butler has to go if he’s around next week then I think my kids can go coach!!! No disrespect but true!

• michaelb
      9:14 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

Wilson is starting to scare me. Yes I’m writing this after that stroke of luck fade td to Bowden. Benny would be 10x more effective if we could just toss n catch a little bit . I mean just a little bit. fudge 🙁

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      9:15 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

You do realize we can’t pass protect nearly as well as run block so that guy would either be throwing the ball away or getting sacked 60%+ of the time.

• 4everUKblue
      9:23 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

Update: Wind gusts up to 40mph. Might influence passing just a little.

• henderblue
      9:47 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

And kicking

• 4everUKblue
      10:50 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

east ky moron you do realize you’re wrong right? He had 91 yds rushing and a TD with winds gusting up to 40mph. Oh and we won, that’s important and let’s see…..oh yeah we’re 6-1 in the SEC, bowl eligible. Is 6-1 good in the SEC? I can’t decide, but it sounds good.

• east-ky-boy
      8:38 am October 21, 2018 Permalink

Oh very happy with our record. I drive from Pikeville to lex every game. Have for years so don’t question my fandom. It comes down to style. I hate a running quarterback style of offense. I’d rather have a style like the Woodson days. At the end of the day a win is a win. By the way, the wind doesn’t cause him to fumble consistently, make poor decisions and hold on to the ball too long. Just sayin.

3. blueblood4life
    9:10 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

Touchdown terry my Ass!! Lol

4. rammo
    9:10 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

Very little offense in 8 quarters now…questionable play calling.

• 4everUKblue
      9:12 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

Exactly, play calling is an issue.

• Cmart0907
      9:42 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

It’s goes back to the second half of the South Carolina game.

5. Jpwalden
    9:14 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

Put in Hoak and let him pass. Spread the field!!

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      9:18 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

You mean and let him get sacked repeatedly. At least say Clark because he could at least escape. Our Oline has dominated in run blocking situations but has struggled to pass protect.

• east-ky-boy
      9:34 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

It’s not our line. It’s our quarterback holding the ball too long.

• 4everUKblue
      9:24 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

Hoak couldn’t get away from me much less just about any defense.

• east-ky-boy
      9:32 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

But he can actually throw. Is all you idiots want is a qb that can run? Geez

• Wade
      10:41 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

He can make a decision and not shake after taking the snap.

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      9:36 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

You can’t throw from your back and apparently you missed the second half of the CMU game because every time he felt even the slightest pressure he threw it worse then Terry. That’s why he got put back in.

• 4everUKblue
      10:53 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

It’s nice to have a QB who can run and avoid being sacked. You can probably outrun Hoak even as slow as you are east ky boy.

6. RondoTheDonThough
    9:30 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

No Ryan Lemond pep talk.

7. Jpwalden
    9:46 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

Why do they keep using this kicker that has no leg

8. Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
    9:47 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

Before I here another idiot talking about replacing Wilson we should be talking about replacing Butler. We could have won the TA&M game with a real kicker.

• east-ky-boy
      9:53 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

Dude not an idiot.

• east-ky-boy
      9:53 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

Both needs replaced.

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      9:59 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

Yet you call others idiots who point out valid reasons why your opinion is flawed.

• east-ky-boy
      10:17 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

Lol I’ll give ya that. Actually I feel bad sending that to be honest. Not like me. Got little to hyped

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      10:03 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

And I agreed Wilson needs to be replaced if only long enough to get him to calm down, but we don’t have a legit option unless Clark is actually something amazing because of the weaknesses of the rest of the team..

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      10:20 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

Well I shouldn’t have said idiots either I’m just used to a racist guy in here who wanted Terry benched even when looked like we might have went undefeated in the regular season.

• east-ky-boy
      10:30 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

I’m def against basing anything in color. That’s irrelevant. Good lord created all equal

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      10:22 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

Not guaranteed but UGA showed an obvious run flaw and TA&M didn’t look that great.

9. chris43
    9:49 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

Eddie Gran has to be the worst or at least one of the worst OC’s in the country. I also wonder how our FG kicker even has a scholarship? We may as well go for it every single time because even at 25 and in he’s questionable. Very sluggish and sloppy after the bye week. We can not lose to Vandy at home! But it’s not looking very good. If so there goes our top 25 ranking…

10. Kat4Life
    9:52 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

Man…..we came out flat as shit.

• eyemangene
      9:57 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

man, i hate to be party pooper, but UK deserves to lose this game … i hate vandy, but what i hate more is kentucky’s inability to bounce back from last loss, to go back to earlier momentum, and to play like they are now. Yes, terry needs to go. So does gain

11. Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
    10:17 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

Bama won a NC but because the offense wasn’t competitive enough Sabin wanted a better one…what does that tell you about what the best teams do.

12. michaelb
    11:06 pm October 20, 2018 Permalink

I think we should go for 2 after every score . I mean we have benny from 2 , he will punch it in 90% of the time .