HALFTIME: Florida leads Kentucky 14-10 at the break

@UKFootball

@UKFootball

Kentucky is competing with the Gators in Gainesville.

At the break, Terry Wilson has thrown for 49 yards and one touchdown on 6-9 passing to go with 22 rushing yards on eight carries.

AJ Rose leads the UK rushing attack with 44 yards on eight carries, with Kavosiey Smoke also adding 35 yards on 11 carries and Josh Ali taking his lone attempt for 15 yards.

Keaton Upshaw finished the half with 28 receiving yards and a touchdown on three catches, followed by Josh Ali with 21 yards on three receptions.

As for the Gators, both of the team’s touchdowns came following errors by Kentucky’s special teams unit, with the first being a fake UF punt deep in their own territory that led to a 65-yard touchdown pass to Kyle Pitts, followed by a 50-yard punt return for a touchdown right before half.

The Wildcats are matching up with or topping the Gators in most statistical categories, heading into the break with the same number of yards (175-175), more rushing yards (126-31), fewer penalties, more first downs (13-6), more total plays (41-21), and a time of possession differential of 23:23 to 6:37 in UK’s favor.

Check out the complete box score below:

30 more minutes of football after the break.

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

29 Comments for HALFTIME: Florida leads Kentucky 14-10 at the break

1. sprtphan
    1:40 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

GET A SPECIAL TEAMS COACH HARDHEAD!

2. slam212121
    1:42 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

Oh no, our special teams are not that special.

3. runningunnin.454
    1:47 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

Who would expect the punt coverage to actually look to follow the ball? Can’t believe we could fall for that at this level…maybe we’re not this level.

• TBW3011
      2:22 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

Fire the special teams coach. Oh that’s right, we don’t have one.

4. zoupman
    1:50 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

Team played great. Two mistakes on special teams and a dumb timeout before halftime.
    Who is our special teams coach? I’ve heard we don’t have one? Really?

• WKY Cat
      2:23 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

We don’t have one. Stoops said they’d do it by committee. Another bad head coach decision.

5. Wade
    2:06 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

You can polish a turd but it’s still a piece of shit

6. TBW3011
    2:22 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

Keep starting him. Why just ruin this season when you can ruin the future also. Oh and maybe hire a special teams coach. What a clown show

7. makeitstop
    2:44 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

2 TDs, total, since UT outside the Vandy game. Folks it’s time for a change.

8. Mbivinsuk007
    2:45 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

I have never given up on UK football through all the 2-9 seasons and everything else but this is a completely different story your defense is killing themselves and line is doing all they can and you have a QB that absolutely sucks and everyone knows it why would you continue to kill your team I would not be mad if whole defense walked off field and said have fun .
    What a joke

9. Catscats23
    2:47 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

Damn KSR sure is moderating the hell out of that woman kicker article. What a joke.

• Jambluehue99
      3:01 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

They aren’t capable of the critical thought required to process opinions that differ from their own liberal rot gut.

• nocode96
      3:44 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

They aren’t here though, so let’s hear your mouth breather comments about how she should be in the kitchen, or about how she ain’t tough because she’s not going toe to toe with 6’6 300 pound linemen. Please, enlighten us all as to exactly the reason you think this isn’t something that is cool. I’d bet my house you probably follow that whole men going their own way movement or whatever dumb shlt it’s called. Mad because you can’t get laid so you make fun of women and call everyone “dumb libruls” when you’re likely just a jerk and you’re mad your mom lied to you when she told you you were special. White men, I swear I’m embarrassed to be one myself sometimes. We’ve spent centuries having everything handed to us and the second a brown person or a woman does something cool it turns into “but what about my history? What about this pretty picture I drew? Me, me, ME!!!!!!” Phucking pathetic. Now, go take your anger off me out on your daughters and wives because that’s the only thing you’re tough enough to throw around.

• Jambluehue99
      3:52 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

Thanks for proving my point. I couldn’t have done it better if I tried. Typical liberal response. No critical thinking and name calling. Can’t deal with facts so you have to go to the gutter. Your masters have taught you well.

• Catscats23
      4:34 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

Nocode you get offended much or what?

My post was just saying she didn’t get to play based on her merits as a football player but because and only because she was a female. Just facts but the liberal KSR wants to censor that but your disgusting post gets posted with no censorship.

• Catscats23
      4:36 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

Nocode you need to go hang yourself because you suck at life. The world would be better off with out you.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      5:55 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

10. Mbivinsuk007
    2:47 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

How many teams have you seen put true freshman QBs in and end up being pretty good definitely worlds better than Wilson I know B Allen might struggle but he would get better way better than this garbage

11. Wade
    2:59 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

It’s like stoops doesn’t trust himself his staff or players. Never a good recipe. Let’s just play football we have nothing to lose. We have good players no matter what is said but they are being held back and not given opportunities. Time for terry to go. And tired of the same predictable stuff. 2nd and 2 shouldn’t be runs that needs to be shots down field imo. And you can run every 3rd and 3 when they are going to dare you to throw, our o line is good but can’t take on 8

12. CATandMONKEY
    3:03 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

Obviously last season was an anomaly and not a step forward

13. CATandMONKEY
    3:05 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

A little too late with QB change- though do not think it would have made a sh!t bit of difference.

• makeitstop
      3:22 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

Terry is ranked 15th in a 14th team league in passing yards and yards per game, and 13th in QBR. U literally CANNOT do worse than replacing him. There is literally nowhere to go but up.

14. nadkin
    3:22 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

They need to coach the receivers to catch instead of block and pass the damn ball

15. nadkin
    3:24 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

I hate to say it but the offense could be Gatewood wash and repeat next year, I just hope to hell he can throw some darts.

16. nadkin
    3:25 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

Its all about growth now play the players who are going to be here next year!

17. nadkin
    3:26 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

I feel better now thank you

18. nadkin
    3:34 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

I still love my team I am crying right now

19. Catscats23
    4:27 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

KSR can suck my tally whacker. What a bunch of liberal ass cry babies!

20. Wade
    5:02 pm November 28, 2020 Permalink

Even terry’s shirt throws are behind receivers. Gotta got people in stride.