Just for poops and giggles, imagine that you are the GM (General Manager) of a professional football franchise. In this fairytale role, your sole responsibility is to oversee a fictitious draft. Within this draft, you are limited to five selections. So, how will you build your team? Inside out, feature an offensive skill position emphasis, or construct a defense with a dominant pass rusher and or a shut-down corner?
- Players must be on current UK Football roster
- Selection’s year or age does not factor. Consider all players to have the same experience and be the same age
- Your draft choices must be in order. Number them 1 through 5
- Salary cap doesn’t exist
- Quarterbacks are not eligible (Too easy, want to see how you gauge positional importance)
- Have fun with it, think through your selections.
I’ll go first:
- LB Josh Forrest
- WR Garrett Johnson
- DT Melvin Lewis
- CB Chris Westry
- OL George Asafo-Adjei
So, who you got? Please explain why you drafted your chosen players. Have fun GM’s. Oh yeah, my make-believe team’s name is the Kentucky Coal Miners.