Georgia says nice things about UK: Offense Edition

Earlier today, I shared all of the nice things Georgia had to say about Josh Allen and Kentucky’s defense. Here’s the praise Kirby Smart and the Bulldogs heaped on Benny Snell, Terry Wilson, and the offense during yesterday’s media opportunity.

“Their offense matches [their defense] perfect because they grind you to a nub,” Smart said. “They’re just extremely physical. They play a lot of offensive linemen. They have a quarterback that can run as good as most receivers in our conference. They’re hard to defend.”

Georgia’s run defense is 8th in the SEC, 43rd in the country, allowing opponents 140.5 rushing yards per game. Smart said the fact that Kentucky has a running back like Benny Snell AND a mobile quarterback like Terry Wilson makes Saturday’s game especially challenging for his squad.

“It makes you have to tackle people. You have to tackle people in space. You have to be good tacklers. You have to get a lot of people to the ball. And you have to strike and get off blocks, because you don’t unblock people. You don’t just all of a sudden say, well, we’re going to call this and he’s not going to be blocked. Everybody’s going to have a blocker on them. Somebody has to get off a block. And this is not for the faint of heart. This is not going to be for the lack of physicality. This is going to be for people that want to hit people and people that want to strike people because that’s the kind of team they have.”

Junior defensive back Tyrique McGhee played it smart, heaping praise on Benny Snell instead of giving him bulletin board material.

“He’s a hard runner and a tough football player, first and foremost,” McGhee said of Benny. “The guy loves football, you can see it in the energy he brings every Saturday. He’s going to be the engine to their offense on Saturday. … I can’t say he reminds me of anyone, he’s a player in his own. The guy just runs hard, he runs with a purpose and he knows each and every guy on his offensive line, they trust him and they like what they’ve got going on at Kentucky.”

Dangit. Maybe the marching band will slip up and talk some trash.

[mobile_ad]

20 Comments for Georgia says nice things about UK: Offense Edition

1. Shagaris Sock Puppet
    1:55 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

This site is a joke now to write comments on before the ads start to trickle down repetitively. I use to enjoy commenting and interacting, but now its a mess and pretty frustrating that its taking away from people making you all more clicks. I feel sorry for the older fans that cant figure it out, im sure they are past trying to post. Not being negative, but you would think you could fix it somewhat. Every where you look now days is more and more ads, but its no use in petitioning change, might as well get use to it.

• Bobbum Man
      2:36 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

It’s pretty bad… I don’t comment nearly as much as I used to… I have no desire to swipe 30 times to get through all the ads, that sometimes never stop popping up, then have to mess with the ad blocking the comment button praying I actually got the x and not the ad itself. Sad this is what it’s come to but I love the site and the writers they have here so I still come by for my stories

• Middy
      5:49 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

For just $3 a month you can get ad free. Considering how much I read about the Cats… it’s totally worth it!

• J-Dub421
      3:18 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

For the love of god and all that is holy, install an ad blocker.

• ClutchCargo
      4:12 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

J-Dub, I considered responding with the same message. Then I decided it’s almost better at this point to just let people get so frustrated they stop trying.

• 4everUKblue
      4:13 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

What ads are you talking about? I don’t see even one! Oh wait, I have an adblocker….silly me.

• wyatts1
      8:53 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

I only had to scroll past 3 ads and that’s doesnt seem to be to much. But I do agree that if some are seeing as many ads as you say then yes KSR should do something about it, it shouldn’t fall on the shoulders of those fans that love UK sports and make their show such a hit it is. I use a iPhone btw, maybe android would be different idk

2. bankshot
    2:12 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

Tyler..please tell your audience if the GA players run out of the tunnel at the same time as the KY players not to boo…cheer as loud as you can…this will show the GA players we are not paying any attention to them.

• Bobbum Man
      2:39 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

Wat

3. RondoTheDonThough
    2:32 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

Why not just pull a CNN/MSNBC and post fake quotes? They do it to El Presidente…why can’t y’all do it to Georgia?

• Irish son
      3:24 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

No one has to “ fake “ anything. That lying sociopath tells so many lies, even you mouth breathing window lickers can’t keep up

• 4everUKblue
      4:15 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

Show me a politician who does not lie and I’ll show you a dead politician.

• wyatts1
      8:58 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

Irish son, please go back to farting in the bathtub and amusing yourself as usual. I hate politics at a sports site, even with liberals over the site idc, all that BS needs OFF this site and only deal with UK sports.

4. Papaw
    3:08 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

And then they show film of El Presidente saying exactly what they reported. Unfair to him I know

5. ClutchCargo
    3:12 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

The first time that bulldog raises his hind leg on the sideline… oh man, it’s on!

6. michaelb
    3:15 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

That’s a smart thing for them to do …. they know better than to poke the bear . It’s not gonna make their run stop defense any better . 8th in the sec ? Sounds like a benny snell bounce back game to me .

7. Headhurts
    4:03 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

Should’nt need chalkboard material for this game, this is for the SEC EAST! ………hello.

• ClutchCargo
      4:14 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

Absolutely. We’re coming to kick in the door of the good ol’ boys club that has kept us out for too long. Eyes on the prize.

8. BLUEsky
    9:08 pm October 30, 2018 Permalink

About the only other team, I think, to say nice things about us was A&M. Mind games. Just sayin.

9. Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
    3:06 pm November 1, 2018 Permalink

I would look at Benny and say “you see this, they think you’re only good if they say something. They’re patronizing you, that they can shut you just by saying you’re good.” #Bennysucksifcomplimented