A message from our sponsor:
Kentucky-proud and locally-owned, Liquor Barn has been serving Big Blue Nation for over 30 years! Liquor Barn and Party Mart are where Kentuckians go to celebrate life.
Head to your local Liquor Barn and Party Mart store to stock up for game day or every day! It’s never been so easy to shop Kentucky’s favorite wine, spirits, beer, and cigar store. Download the new Liquor Barn app to order for pick-up or delivery, save your favorites, and get exclusive deals. We are now delivering in Lexington and Louisville areas. Use code GOCATS for one month of FREE delivery!*
Visit LiquorBarn.com to shop now, download the app, or see what’s happening in your local store. GO CATS!
*Delivery currently available in select Louisville and Lexington areas. Promotion covers delivery fees only. Minimum order for delivery is $20. Complimentary delivery on all orders of $75 or more. Must be delivered to an address. Must be 21+ to download the app and accept a delivery. Valid photo ID required.
Today the week-long Florida celebration will come to an end when the Cats take the field against the Murray State Racers.
The in-state FCS opponent from the Ohio Valley Conference started the season 0-2, with losses to Central Arkansas (26-13) and Southern Illinois (49-10). Murray’s Air Raid offense should help prepare Kentucky for future opponents with an uptempo offense, but Mark Stoops’ team is more focused on themselves than the team on the other sideline.
“It’s talking to the team about what our standards are,” Stoops said earlier this week. “I love this group and the way they handle things and I expect them to handle it that way. Going back to worrying about us and creating our own standards and living up to them.”
After a feel-good win on the road, Kentucky will try to create a feel-good blowout win at Kroger Field when the Cats kick the ball off at noon.
- 8:00 — The KSR Pregame Show Begins on 630 WLAP
- 9:00 — KSBar Opens and Downtown Lextran Shuttle Begins
- 9:45 — The Cat Walk
- 10:00 — Countdown to Kickoff w/Christi Thomas, Jeremy Jarmon and Dusty Bonner
- 10:05 — Mojo Tones pregame concert at the Gate 12 plaza
- 12:00 — Kickoff on SEC Network Alternate
TV, Radio, Vegas
Mike Morgan, John Cogemi and Taylor Davis are on the call on the SEC Network Alternate channel and Watch ESPN. If you’re stuck on the road and can’t watch, there are multiple ways to listen to The Voice of the Wildcats.
- AM: 840 WHAS, 630 WLAP
- FM: 98.1 WBUL
- Satellite: XM-191 and Sirius-103
- Online: iHeart Radio
KSBar is Open
It’s the first every Lexington game day at KSBar and we’re celebrating by opening early with breakfast at 9:00 a.m. After you enjoy a meal and a few beverages, you can hitch a ride to the stadium for just $1. It’s a deal that sounds too good to be true, but it is.
Maps and details for each Lextran shuttle route can be found at www.lextran.com.
Today UK Athletics will do their part to honor members of our nation’s military by offering two complimentary tickets to all active and reserve members of the armed forces along with police, firefighters and first responders. If you haven’t picked up your tickets yet, simply bring a valid service ID to the UK ticket office this morning.
The Honorary Captain
Today the captains will be joined at midfield for the coin toss by a UK legend, Joe Federspiel. The Louisville native (and DeSales alum) is one of the best to ever play linebacker at UK. A 2005 inductee into the UK Athletics Hall of Fame, Federspiel was a First Team All-SEC selection in 1970 before he completed a 10-year career in the NFL, nine of which were with the New Orleans Saints.
Today’s Tale of the Tape
Today’s College Football Schedule
- Noon: #5 Oklahoma at Iowa State on ABC
- Noon: Middle Tennessee at #3 Georgia on ESPNews
- Noon: Florida State at Syracuse on ESPN
- 2:30: Vanderbilt at #8 Notre Dame on NBC
- 3:30: BYU at #6 Wisconsin on ABC
- 3:30: #12 LSU at #7 Auburn on CBS
- 3:30: #17 Boise State at #24 Oklahoma State on ESPN
- 4:15: Houston at Texas Tech on Fox
- 6:00: #22 Boise State at Troy on ESPNews
- 7:00: #1 Alabama at Ole Miss on ESPN
- 7:30: Louisiana at #16 Miss. State on ESPN2
- 7:30: Mizzou at Purdue on BTN
- 7:30: WKU at UofL on ACC Network
- 8:00: #4 Ohio State vs. #15 TCU on ABC
- 8:00: #22 USC at Texas on Fox
- 10:00: #10 Washington at Utah on ESPN
KHSAA Football Scores
- Manual 21, Ballard 20 OT
- Tates Creek 49, Bryan Station 38
- CAL 31, Newport Central Catholic 0
- John Hardin 22, Central Hardin 17
- DeSales 40, Fern Creek 14
- Wayne County 40, Harlan County 12
- Johnson Central 49, Moore 21
- Murray 48, Marshall County 20
- Paducah Tilghman 47, Hopkinsville 13
- St. X 20, Central 19