Gambling odds on first SEC coach to get fired

© Jeff Blake | USATSI

© Jeff Blake | USATSI

It’s not good when anyone loses a job, especially not in 2020. That being said, sometimes a college football coach has to go when they’re not winning games.

With that in mind, the website BetOnline has gambling odds on the first SEC football coach to get canned, and the overwhelming favorite is exactly who you’d expect: South Carolina’s Will Muschamp. Muschamp took the program Steve Spurrier built and hasn’t done anything with it, and his seat is the hottest going into another season, according to oddsmakers.

Behind him, Vanderbilt’s Derek Mason has the next shortest odds, followed by Jeremy Pruitt at Tennessee, who feels like the 43rd coach that Vols fans swear will bring them back.

Kentucky’s Mark Stoops is about as safe as he can be ahead of Dan Muller, Kirby Smart, Ed Orgeron and Nick Saban.

Will Muschamp 2/1
Derek Mason 9/4
Jeremy Pruitt 3/1
Gus Malzahn 5/1
Sam Pittman 8/1
Lane Kiffin 10/1
Mike Leach 10/1
Jimbo Fisher 14/1
Eli Drinkwitz 20/1
Mark Stoops 20/1
Dan Mullen 33/1
Kirby Smart 33/1
Ed Orgeron 50/1
Nick Saban 100/1

How bad you do have to be to get fired during the COVID year? Seems like the circumstances would give everyone a little bit of leniency if things aren’t great. It’ll be tough to fire any of those guys, but the odds are interesting as we count down the hours to the first weekend of the season.

Click here to actually make the bet or look at the odds for coaches in other conferences.

Article written by Drew Franklin

19 Comments for Gambling odds on first SEC coach to get fired

1. Bluehender
    5:11 pm September 24, 2020 Permalink

Jesse needs a fact checker before he goes running his mouth

2. Ryan Lemonds Toupee
    5:11 pm September 24, 2020 Permalink

Jesse is irrelevant

3. BigBlueFoo42777
    5:30 pm September 24, 2020 Permalink

Nothing surprises me any more.

4. WKY Cat
    5:32 pm September 24, 2020 Permalink

Wonder what liberal Cal is thinking about liberal Jesse saying this? Lol

5. sprtphan
    5:53 pm September 24, 2020 Permalink

Jesse who?

6. cats646
    6:36 pm September 24, 2020 Permalink

Lol. Deleting my comments?? Why do liberals always run from the truth?

7. runningunnin.454
    6:47 pm September 24, 2020 Permalink

I would like to know what UK, UL, and the Derby had to do with any of this. Rev. Jackson should ask the AA Attorney General, and the prosecutors why they didn’t include a manslaughter charge when they went to the GJ. The people of Kentucky had nothing to do with that. The AG basically said the police had the right to shoot up three apartments, and kill an unarmed woman because they were under fire. There lies your problem, Reverend.
    And, this, after all the UK football, mens basketball, and womens basketball teams have done to promote racial justice.
    And, for ksr to silence our indignation is a sad commentary on our times.
    So, delete away.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      9:23 pm September 24, 2020 Permalink

As I said below, you can’t appease a mob man.

8. runningunnin.454
    7:03 pm September 24, 2020 Permalink

And, I guess we can’t comment on the absurdity of a so-called leader taking the moral high ground, and condemning an entire state after his extramarital affair with a younger woman resulted in an illegitimate birth. This is beyond the pale, and I am appalled.
    I challenge ksr to let my comments stand on their merit and be judged.

9. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    9:00 pm September 24, 2020 Permalink

How many times do people like me have to say it. You can’t…appease…a…mob.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:05 pm September 24, 2020 Permalink

They have 1 agenda, and they will crush anyone they have to in order to achieve it, even college athletes wearing BLM shirts. Let this be a lesson.

10. Jambluehue99
    10:05 pm September 24, 2020 Permalink

I guess the truth about Jesse Jackson and liberal hypocrisy isn’t allowed to be discussed. Or maybe it’s pointing out the attempted censorship by this site for not allowing comments on certain posts because they know they will not like what people have to say. Typical liberal nonsense. What else should we expect from liberals after all?

• Great American
      3:04 am September 25, 2020 Permalink

Btw eat s**tJambluehue99 you know they couldnt allow comments of the Jesse Jackson post because of the internet vomit that would have been thrown around by people like you!

• Jambluehue99
      10:43 am September 25, 2020 Permalink

I think you have proved my point. Liberals are the most intolerant people on the face of the planet. They can’t argue facts so they resort to name calling. You say my post is “internet vomit” yet you go to the gutter with insults instead of arguing with facts and reason. Some topics are controversial and will bring out passionate responses. This shouldn’t be unexpected. In a free society you don’t shut down speech just because it’s uncomfortable for some people. If the masters of the KSR universe do not want a topic discussed then don’t post it on the site to begin with. Otherwise, let people have their say, this is America after all, for now.

• _lilman_
      4:03 pm September 25, 2020 Permalink

Excellent point

11. Great American
    3:00 am September 25, 2020 Permalink

I like that everybody chose this article to jump on the WTF side of not allowing comments on the Jesse Jackson article! I dont get it. How does telling young athletes to not come to a school in Kentucky help anything? I am 100 % on the side of BLM and i agree that justice was NOT served in this case at all… But what in the world did the UK or UofL athletic departments have ANYTHING to do with the conclusion that a grand jury came to, (even if it was wrong)? I dont understand why he would attack these institutions when they have both been vocal about the stuff that’s been going on in our state and country….

• cats646
      5:49 am September 25, 2020 Permalink

I’m just curious. Do you honestly believe that breanna Taylor was killed because of her race?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      9:29 am September 25, 2020 Permalink

Great American, see my comment about appeasing mobs. They don’t care about you. They don’t care about anything except their agenda, and that is tearing down the fabric of America. I hope the athletes and others that have been misinformed & snookered will wake up.