Football players called season ticket holders tonight to thank them

@UKAthleticsNews

@UKAthleticsNews

@UKAthleticsNews

Are you a UK football season ticket holder? You might want to check your voicemail, because several members of the football team spent their evening calling season ticket holders to thank them for their support.

To those lucky people who got to speak with Drew Barker: doesn’t he have the best phone manners ever?

23 Comments for Football players called season ticket holders tonight to thank them

1. Pop and Lock
    8:53 pm April 29, 2014 Permalink

Since we haven’t won an SEC game in two years, will my season tickets be cheaper this year?

• Truth
      9:25 pm April 29, 2014 Permalink

Fair question.

• Inquiring Minds Want to Know
      12:24 am April 30, 2014 Permalink

Another fair question is the over/under on the number of mistresses that will be had this year by Pitino/Petrino??

2. DB11
    8:56 pm April 29, 2014 Permalink

I find this odd.

• tops
      9:07 pm April 29, 2014 Permalink

your odd

• tops
      9:08 pm April 29, 2014 Permalink

you’re odd*

3. Bobbum man
    8:59 pm April 29, 2014 Permalink

The guy that called me just said he had been thinking about me a lot….. A whole lot

• TX cat
      10:16 pm April 29, 2014 Permalink

Hahaha

4. tony moffett
    9:22 pm April 29, 2014 Permalink

i received a call from Mikel Horton. Very humble and polite young man. And a damn good running back! Look forward to meeting him in the near future. Nice touch UK.

5. ?
    9:24 pm April 29, 2014 Permalink

Season Ticket holder here, no call. Not upset, just wondering how many others didn’t get a call?

6. Bobby
    9:34 pm April 29, 2014 Permalink

Think we can muster an SEC win this year?

7. chuck
    9:35 pm April 29, 2014 Permalink

Guy in front row, 2nd from the right, looks like one of the Harrison twins.

8. JBForty
    9:42 pm April 29, 2014 Permalink

Nice gesture by the UK Ticket Office and the football team to do this. I really enjoy these extra ‘perks’ that come with buying season tickets. Go Big Blue

9. Cletus
    9:57 pm April 29, 2014 Permalink

I didn’t get a call from anyone and I am a season ticket holder. Maybe this is a sign that they are sticking me in nosebleeds next year when this faux pas system they will use to redistribute tickets to the wealthy goes through? Hint: I supported this team during good and bad when everyone gave up their tickets…I am in the 2nd row end zone in the new “student” section that they will never fill. If I get offered anything higher than 10th row on sidelines or 5th row on other end zone for my loyalty, they can kiss all my money goodbye.

• Shawn
      12:19 am April 30, 2014 Permalink

If you hate it that much then quit going. Everyone is sick of negative fans. Buying tickets doesn’t give you the right to complain about nonsense. Find some joy in life. Believe it or not there are plenty of worse teams to be fans of. If you’re not having fun then you’re coming for the wrong reasons. They’re spending $110 million to make the stadium better. But all that matters to you is what you’ll get out of it. That’s why people call UK fans spoiled. Grow up and be happy.

• SEC
      7:47 am April 30, 2014 Permalink

Yes, there are worse teams to be a fan of. Statistically, out of 120 some D1 teams, there are about 15 worse teams.

10. I'm a Dealer for the People
    10:08 pm April 29, 2014 Permalink

Five-Nine, why didn’t you call me?

11. Boogie Fan
    10:41 pm April 29, 2014 Permalink

Braylon Heard called me. Very nice young man, represented the team and university well. Stoops has changed everything about his program. Amazing to say that a guy who has a 2-10 record is doing an outstanding job, but he is.

12. Catfan1
    10:42 pm April 29, 2014 Permalink

Nice personal touch guys. Thanks for the call. Sorry I had to get it on voicemail. Go Cats!

13. Is Penn State's Nittany Lyin'?
    10:54 pm April 29, 2014 Permalink

Is Penn State’s Nittany Lyin’? Check Out The Latest On James Franklin… http://wp.me/p4pLOr-i8

14. Jon
    1:35 am April 30, 2014 Permalink

And the NCAA doesnt think these guys need more benefits………..Calling paying customers to the brand………..I am sorry if anyone wants to take the education angle you can blow it out your rear. Most of the time these guys have to supplement their scholarships just to survive while the NCAA and schools make money hand over fist while also getting government handouts. Plain Crazy.

15. SEC
    7:44 am April 30, 2014 Permalink

They should be calling to apologize, not thank.