Florida’s Dominique Easley isn’t a fan of the south

Florida senior Dominique Easley, a Staten Island native, isn’t a fan of the south. Not even a little bit. The Gator defensive lineman told the Gainesville media today, “Me and the south don’t mix.”

“It’s like another country to me,” he added. Easley said he never wants to visit Kentucky other than when he is playing in a football game. He doesn’t enjoy any SEC town, for that matter.

Then how did Urban Meyer get him to Florida, asks Jason Lieser of the The Palm Beach Post?

“You ain’t never gettin’ that outta me.”

Well, okay. Dominique Easley sounds like a terrific person to be around. Be sure to give him a warm Kentucky welcome on Saturday, BBN.

Article written by Drew Franklin

36 Comments for Florida’s Dominique Easley isn’t a fan of the south

1. Rei
    2:39 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

I mean, he isn’t wrong. It does suck in the south.

2. The South Says
    2:42 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Hey Easley, we don’t want you either. If it is such a problem for you then why don’t you transfer up north? You know, where the weather is always pleasant, and the girls are always hot. Someone as stupid as this kid deserves to be booted out of the university. It’s not like they couldn’t replace him. Also, sounds like that useless institution known as NCAA should be snooping around this boy for improper benefits.

3. Clut Nuster
    2:44 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. That’s how Urban got him there.

4. Honky Kong
    2:48 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

5. AnthonyBBN
    2:48 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

I don’t know what is wrong with this kid. The south has its problems, but it is not the worse place in the world to live, and Kentucky is probably the least terrible place in the South to ever visit. If he doesn’t like it go out west where they think they are great at football or to the north. I hope our offense lights this guy up Saturday.

6. Dominique Easley
    2:49 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

How Urban got me to come to UF: I can’t say exactly, but he dropped something on my doorstep, and it rhymes with “Ruffle Nag full of Honey.”

7. Han
    2:49 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

That’s right, because when I think of the South, I pick the northernmost state of it to never want to visit.

8. mjblue2
    2:49 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

He doesn’t have to like it. I’m positive I would hate living on Staten Island, or anywhere in the north for that matter. Nothing personal against the people that do call it home. Why get all worked up, I don’t need another reason to want to beat FL, 26 years is reason enough. (Plus they really dropped the ball in that bowl game last year).

9. unreconstructed
    2:55 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

The South has its problems??? Whatta ’bout Chicago, Detroit, Newark and New York City, ect. and so forth!!!
    And screw Easley!! Go the hell back from whince you came… we in the South will be way the better for it!!!!

10. Musehobo
    3:04 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Translation: “I’m getting paid” or “I’m getting laid”.

I understand not wanting to be in the south, though I’m quite used to it. I hate the freaking heat down here. Always thought a northern state’s temperature would be more fitting for me. But I’m real partial to bluegrass area, as I think I am lucky to be born in what is really one of the most beautiful places in the world. I never realized it till I was older.

Anyway, hilarious to hear him admit that there are reasons he can’t mention that brought him to Florida.

11. Wildcatsteeler
    3:14 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

As a black guy I don’t blame him for not liking the South. I’m white and can’t stand the racism in it. It wasn’t so bad until a black man got elected president. Now it is beyond belief.

12. SeoulCat
    3:15 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Please. The South is by far and away the most pleasant segment of the United States. As a lifelong expat who is completely detached from his American roots and has to, on occasion, visit the U.S. for work, I can easily and objectively say that the southern states have the friendliest people in the U.S. Judging from Dominique’s photo above, I would only take umbrage if he had said that he felt at home in the South. When he a man who sports metallic security accoutrement around his neck says that he doesn’t feel comfortable in your neighborhood, take it as a compliment.

13. RealCatsFan
    3:25 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Lots of money will make many a man live where he doesn’t want to…

14. Dominique Easley
    3:29 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

I hate the south and all the beautiful top rated hot girl campuses. Eww girls in skirts with nice tan legs. Now those boys up in staten and up north umm don’t even get me started on them and their slicked back hair and stuck up attitudes. HOTTIES!! Don’t worry Coach Urban out secret is safe they’ll never get that outta me 😉

15. trey
    3:29 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

I think 9 represents why Easley doesn’t like it here.

16. inlinefor9
    3:34 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Wildcatsteeler – Yeah there’s noooooo racism anywhere else. Boston isn’t racist at all. Oh and just a heads up, there are more blacks in the South than the rest of the US combined. It must just be terrible down here. Not to mention the latest census information indicates black population is migrating South. It must just be so awfully racist in the South. But hey, maybe it’s just so they can find jobs since the inner cities in the North are falling apart or neighborhoods are too unsafe for police to enter. Detroit, Chicago, etc. Yep, the South is awful….

17. Turkeyblue
    3:36 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Got there the same way Clint Hurtt got Teddy to Loserville.

18. asdf
    3:44 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Not exactly a genius we’re dealing with. He’s playing for the southernmost school in the SEC.

19. Pablo
    3:45 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Sounds like to me, his banking account got a pretty good lump sum amount put in it. If you dont like the south nor do you like the SEC, why else would you chose to play there?????$$$$$$$$$$$$$

20. Rockfield, KY
    3:48 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

I’m perfectly fine with him leaving the South and never returning. I love the South and would never live anywhere else. I’d actually prefer it if northerners would stay the hell away. Go use your own awful beaches and quit trashing up the southern beaches.

21. RICK
    3:55 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

I like the north, people are so friendly.

22. bosshogg24
    3:57 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

What does he like about New York, the Ghetto?

23. MonkeyHumpnaFootball
    4:16 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Is there a link to the original article? Id love to read the full story.

24. Jake form State Farm
    4:19 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Hey, Easley, Come on out here to Shively. I got something for you.

25. The Loco Pollo
    4:27 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Anyone who likes living on or being from Staten Island has their own issues and wouldn’t like anywhere else. Who cares?

– A KY native & UK grad living in NYC

26. Hate hits
    4:28 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

23. Which is why you are here giving the article you hate which fuels hate hits?

27. Reason I plays in the South
    4:34 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Mama say I gots to ball in Flor-e-da because she done got paid.

28. Dominique E
    4:44 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

I love ugly women, rude people, cold weather, government cheese and neighborhoods that resemble war zones. This is why I love the north.

29. bunny
    4:53 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Screw Easley…

30. UKfanNKY
    5:07 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

He really won’t like the south and KY once we whip up on him and the Gaterds!! GO CATS!!!

31. Plain Truth
    5:09 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

When reminded that he chose to play in the SEC, Easley said, “That’s what you think.” That has to be the quote of the decade concerning student athletes, you would think that statement alone could provoke an investigation into the program. A seldom used quote from Dr. Martin Luther King, concerning what are the most racist places you have ever visited, he replied and this is on film ” Philadelphia Mississippi and Chicago Illinois.”

32. barn
    5:18 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

screw him. he’s just sour grapes because urban left him for columbus.. and for those of you who want to throw racism into the discussion, there’s just as much black toward white racism as vice versa. just my observation as a kentuckian who has spent most of his life in that racial utopia called the north.

33. keith kennedy
    7:58 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

can you blame him,i mean it lest he’s truthful about his feeling, ican remember when the sec did not want African American player’s playing no where in the sec period,but down they can’t get enough of us,i wonder y.

34. Bobbum man
    8:29 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

24- shively is the worst

35. Yep
    9:42 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Geez, what a bunch of pansies in the comment section. If this punk doesn’t like the South, that’s fine, introduce him to the Ohio River on Saturday and kick his ass across it.

36. Highway119
    12:06 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

“Ain’t never”? Too late, you’re already converted.