Florida fan spreads ashes by Tim Tebow statue

@aadelsonESPN

Kentucky fans don’t have a lot to say about hero worshipping players and coaches, but this story from Gainesville even caused me to raise an eyebrow. ESPN’s Andrea Adelson saw a Florida fan spread ashes near the Tim Tebow statue outside┬áBen Hill Griffin Stadium this weekend. She posted this picture of the ashes under the railing.

Okay, you know the drill. Awesome or weird? Adolph Rupp’s grave in Lexington Cemetery occasionally has flowers on it as a tribute, but would you want your ashes spread┬ánear it?

6 Comments for Florida fan spreads ashes by Tim Tebow statue

1. Dan
    6:43 pm September 15, 2015 Permalink

Spread some of my grandfathers ashes by Memorial Coliseum, by Wildcat Lodge. Then about two years later they remodeled and moved the ticket office over there….so…..goodbye grandpa.

2. Tony Montana
    7:33 pm September 15, 2015 Permalink

I dont see any problem with it….to each their own. Obviously the deceased was a huge Tebow fan. As was I…..even today, I still feel like he didnt get a fair shot in the NFL. I’d love to have him on the Titans…one of hell of a backup.

• Jesus Effin' Facepalming Christ
      7:54 pm September 15, 2015 Permalink

LMAO!!!

3. That guy
    7:55 pm September 15, 2015 Permalink

I actually got a little dirt from Rupp’s grave…. it’s in a small clear sealed container next to my soil from Commonwealth stadium.

4. Question.mark
    11:06 pm September 15, 2015 Permalink

Would I spread my ashes near it? No because that would be physically impossible..

5. eViLG
    12:02 pm September 16, 2015 Permalink

The irony of the most fanatical college basketball fan base on God’s earth questioning another fan base isn’t lost on me.