Five-star offensive guard Justin Rogers commits to KENTUCKY

@AllAmerican52JR

It’s finally official: five-star offensive lineman Justin Rogers is a Kentucky Wildcat.

The Oak Park, Michigan native just picked the Cats over Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, and Tennessee in a ceremony at his high school. He’s considered the No. 1 offensive guard and the No. 10 overall prospect in the country by Rivals, making him the fourth top 15 player to commit to Kentucky in the last 20 years. Landon Young was 247’s No. 12 player in the 2016 class, Micah Johnson was ESPN’s No. 9 player in 2006, and Antonio Hall was 247’s No. 13 overall prospect in 2000.

How did Kentucky pull this off? They were the first major school to offer Rogers back when he was an eighth grader. Steve Clinkscale, Rogers’ primary recruiter, also offered two of his high school teammates, 2020 four-star athlete Enzo Jennings and current Kentucky defensive lineman Marquan McCall. Part of Kentucky’s pitch for McCall, originally an offensive guard, was offering him the chance to play defense; that’s been a major selling point for Rogers as well.

Rogers is Kentucky’s fifth commitment in the 2020 class, joining four-star offensive tackle John Young, four-star defensive tackle Lamar Goods, three-star quarterback Beau Allen, and three-star cornerback Andru Phillips. With him on board, Kentucky now has the No. 22 class in the country despite only having five commitments so far.

[mobile_ad]

16 Comments for Five-star offensive guard Justin Rogers commits to KENTUCKY

1. notFromhere
    5:13 pm May 20, 2019 Permalink

Huuuge! Yahtzee!

2. AFR0_SAMURAii
    5:14 pm May 20, 2019 Permalink

Not getting my hopes up until he signs… Hate to be wandale Robinson all over again… I’m sure Saban will be relentless

• mashburnfan1
      5:57 pm May 20, 2019 Permalink

You bring up one example, there were actually a few more like Mac Jones and the QB at Miami etc. BUT look how many did not flip and did sign, that number is over a hundred of those examples the last 5 years. The staff will also keep reeling in top guys expecting to have a loss here and there, even Bama, LSU, UGA lose kids on the actual signing day. Great problem to have actually.

• 4everUKblue
      6:01 pm May 20, 2019 Permalink

Funny how the shoe is on the other foot huh mashbum, perhaps you can see how it feels to be the negative fan.

3. 4everUKblue
    5:14 pm May 20, 2019 Permalink

Well this has turned into a great day!

4. TheAssman
    5:16 pm May 20, 2019 Permalink

Hell yeah!!!

5. runningunnin.454
    5:20 pm May 20, 2019 Permalink

For a second there, I thought it was Kansas State, ha ha.

• mashburnfan1
      5:50 pm May 20, 2019 Permalink

Why you even watching, you said earlier he is going to Bama so one would think you would be napping now.

• 4everUKblue
      6:03 pm May 20, 2019 Permalink

Probably the same reason you continue to watch UK basketball even though you’re never right about anything.

• runningunnin.454
      6:07 pm May 20, 2019 Permalink

I changed my mind, just like the recruiting experts do. Thanks for following.

• mashburnfan1
      2:58 am May 21, 2019 Permalink

I do watch the bball games when I can, not long ago I would make plans around the games but we are just not exciting now days. Know what we got, bad team that struggles, gets better and will lose to a less talented but more experienced team. Rinse and repeat. We see bad basketball for the most part, the fun is gone in bball. And not just talking UK but college bball is down. Hoping the new rule will bring back the better play as teams are together a bit.

6. Johnson.reports
    5:25 pm May 20, 2019 Permalink

Tom Jenkins predicted a commitment for him over 2 yrs ago. Right on the money.

• 4everUKblue
      6:02 pm May 20, 2019 Permalink

LMAO! The same Tom Jenkins that said McDaniels was going to announce 3 or 4 days ago? Show proof there is a Tom Jenkins and that he predicted it over 2 yrs ago.

7. sckysportsink
    5:30 pm May 20, 2019 Permalink

Awesome! I felt somewhat encouraged by the shirt that the athletic guy at the end of the table was wearing (UK blue stripes on the arms).

8. makeitstop
    5:51 pm May 20, 2019 Permalink

Optimistic this one sticks, as he was highly recruited by the top programs all along. And you have to give Stoops’ team credit, they’ve changed the narrative completely and got us competing for the best. Nothing worth doing is easy, and I’m sure it hasn’t been easy, but he sure has moved the needle. Hard to win the league if u cant get a few of these guys. Or as a General friend of mine once said “God favors the big battalions!”

9. RealCatsFan
    7:17 pm May 20, 2019 Permalink

I never,ever thought I would be saying this, especially with Coach Cal running the basketball program, but I am actually more excited about the recruiting class for the FOOTBALL team than I am the basketball team. 🙂