First it was Cal, now we have the “Towles Tweak”

Photo by UK Athletics

UK Athletics

UK Athletics

After an atrocious outing against Florida, Patrick Towles knew he needed to make a change to silence the haters and solidify his spot as starting quarterback.

On Sunday, Shannon Dawson helped Patrick make a tweak in his throwing motion.  “I think I’m gonna keep it,” Towles said after completing 22 of 27 passes for 249 yards, 2 touchdowns, and rushing for another.

Towles was on a mission to silence the haters, and it worked out pretty well.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

8 Comments for First it was Cal, now we have the “Towles Tweak”

1. Lewis
    12:22 am September 27, 2015 Permalink

Don’t like the kid, I think he his head case. He had a good game but I’m not setteled on him as our qb.

• Willem
      12:29 am September 27, 2015 Permalink

The guy just led us to a win over a top 25 team completing over 75% of his passes, being a part of three touchdowns, and throwing for almost 250 yds. He showed he can bounce back from a poor outing and lead a team the way an SEC quarterback needs to be able to do. Give him a break and enjoy the win

• CardsSuck1
      3:12 am September 27, 2015 Permalink

Lewis, you sound like you should have your ‘head’ checked. You possess the writing skills of a toddler.

• CATandMONKEY
      9:11 am September 27, 2015 Permalink

Lewis, I just sent your contact info to Stoops and Barnhart so that they can discuss your grammar. No one is concerned about your opinion.

2. catfan4life
    12:48 am September 27, 2015 Permalink

Yes, he had a good game, great game actually. I am very proud of him for it and hope he can keep it up. One game does not a good career make as we learned after the Ms State game last year. I have been one who doubted if he could lead the team, but he showed tonight he could. I am ecstatic for him and the win.
    The play calling was much improved tonight as well so give coaches some love as well.

3. Sir Edmond
    1:36 am September 27, 2015 Permalink

Let’s judge slowly, shall we? I hope he’s there next Joe Montana
    But let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

4. Ukbb85
    3:05 am September 27, 2015 Permalink

These comments are a joke. Half of the comments look like they were written my illiterate hicks that didn’t even attend our school. How can you find something negative to say about the first top 25 win in 5 years?

5. Andy
    1:12 pm September 27, 2015 Permalink

What was the tweak? That’s good to know Shannon can really coach up the Qbs when needed.