ESPN’s profile of Jared Lorenzen is now online for your reading pleasure

Yesterday, we told you about ESPN The Magazine’s profile of Jared Lorenzen, and now it’s online for your reading pleasure. The piece is excellent, detailing Jared’s lifelong battle with his weight and his life after football. Jared’s a valuable member of Team KSR, and our own Ryan Lemond is even quoted in the article, alongside Hal Mumme:

“Jared is a great kid,” says Hal Mumme, his former coach at Kentucky. “A tremendous guy,” says Ryan Lemond, his occasional radio co-host on the Kentucky Sports Radio network. “I want people to know how generous he is,” says his mom, Janet Hermes. “He’s the sweetest guy in the whole wide world,” says his ex-wife, Tamara, mother of their two kids.

Click on over and read it, and enjoy the video that accompanies the article above. We love you, Jared.

[ESPN the Magazine: Inside Jared Lorenzen’s lifelong weight battle]

(By the way, thanks to The Loco Pollo for bringing the article to our attention, despite the fact that it’s been online since this morning and has been tweeted about all afternoon. Where would we be without the crazy chicken’s help??)

14 Comments for ESPN’s profile of Jared Lorenzen is now online for your reading pleasure

1. BBN
    4:14 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

Jared is the man.. He was so damn good. I still believe if Ron Hudson wasn’t such an idiot, his senior year would have been even better than his junior (when we had 7 wins, but should have been 9 if you count LSU and UT)… The guy was fearless

• hudson hater
      4:29 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

Completely agree. I don’t know if anyone in Lexington will ever comprehend what an idiot Ron Hudson was. Complete jackass. I have been around hundreds of college coaches all over the country, and the two biggest jackasses I met were Ron Hudson and Bobby Petrino.

2. Jimbob
    4:24 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

TT is awesome. The Loco Pollo can suckit.

3. BigCat
    4:29 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

I can sympathize with him. I think all of us that loved a sport when we were younger can. I wish the TV show The Biggest Loser would reach out to him. He would be great.

4. TimeFor9
    4:58 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

I like your swagger, TT! Eat, crazy chicken!

5. TimeFor9
    4:58 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

*Eat it, lol

6. Haha
    5:12 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

Mrs. TT never responds to my comments 🙁

7. Karl Hungus
    6:36 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

I’m less out of breath after an hour run than the reporter is after his opening. Jesus, man, get it together.

8. ukfastkat
    6:55 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

For any of you who don’t remember or didn’t know how good a player he was, I highly recommend the 6 OT LSU game. He pulled off one miracle after another with his vision, strength, balance and guts.
    That game defined the cliche that no one should have lost. Lorenzen was a winner on the field. Let’s all hope he can do as well off it.

9. shields eyes
    7:35 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

When was that 6 OT LSU game?

• Haha
      7:37 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

He obviously meant Arkansas. I’m 20 and I remember that one like it was yesterday.

10. stuckinohio
    6:29 am August 22, 2014 Permalink

The round mound of touchdown baby. Jared was definitely one of my favorite players to suit up for uk. I mean seriously I have yet to see that big of a guy move that fast, or a quarterback bigger than some of his linemen for that matter. I remember watching games with some friends who were fans of other teams and they kinda laughed at him until they saw how good he was. And I’m just like yeah who’s laughing now? Anyways best of luck Jared.

11. what?
    11:28 am August 22, 2014 Permalink

At least things ended on good terms.

12. BlueRedNeck
    1:07 pm August 22, 2014 Permalink

Kind of sad to see Jared having such a tough time dealing with his weight. We’re all human, and we all have weaknesses. I have some real good friends who are really big guys like Jared, and I worry about him all the time. We are well into our 40’s now, and we aren’t kids anymore. At this age you start to worry about your health. Good luck Jared – I hope you find the answer!