ESPN FPI predicts UK will have second fewest wins in SEC

ESPN’s Football Power Index projected the win total for each of the Southeastern Conference’s 14 teams next fall, and Kentucky is second to last in the league in that category.

The FPI predicts the Cats will only win 5.4 games in 2018, which ranks 13th in the conference, ahead of only Vanderbilt’s 3.9 win projection.

Shocker: Georgia and Alabama are at the top.

Georgia – 10.9
LSU – 6.2
Arkansas – 5.9
Tennessee – 5.8
Kentucky – 5.4
Vanderbilt – 3.9

[@SECNetwork]

Let’s hope ESPN’s FPI is wrong.

Article written by Drew Franklin

26 Comments for ESPN FPI predicts UK will have second fewest wins in SEC

1. tree_gardener
    2:18 pm April 5, 2018 Permalink

To me that’s probably about right. Still think we are good for 7 wins regular season and a shot at winning the bowl game.

• ClutchCargo
      3:17 pm April 5, 2018 Permalink

How do you think that is about right and then predict 2 additional wins? I agree with the 7 wins, btw. Possibly 8.

• Luether
      4:30 pm April 5, 2018 Permalink

Agree that it’s about right until we prove, on the field, otherwise…

2. KYcats11
    2:27 pm April 5, 2018 Permalink

Damn people love South Carolina.

3. ukcamel
    2:34 pm April 5, 2018 Permalink

Well we have the 4 games that we should win no matter what, and then I think we will beat South Carolina at home. Then hopefully 2/3 of Tennessee, Missouri and Louisville on the road. That would be seven and in my mind a successful season. A truly great season would be winning all 8 of those and then finding one more win where we shouldn’t – like at A&M or Florida or home vs. Miss. St.

4. catsarerunnin
    2:58 pm April 5, 2018 Permalink

Well write it down if ESPN says so. Look how so many of their basketball analysts picked Nova to win the tourney…

5. BigBluSoTru
    3:01 pm April 5, 2018 Permalink

I don’t see why they are not picking us too win the east this year? We got all the pieces to compete and take down Ga,FL and Tenn. And i look at our team best matching up to Bama’s physicalty.

• JD
      3:31 pm April 5, 2018 Permalink

How are we always projected below South Carolina? We have beat them 4 years in a row. We have practically our entire team back. I don’t get it.

6. CB3UK
    3:29 pm April 5, 2018 Permalink

A&M is going to be terrible this year. Also not sold on the yankee Mississippi State brought in as HC. Ole Miss will be meh. Bama and Georgia are about the only two sure bets for this coming season. I look for us to win 7 or 8.

• katfan33
      4:21 pm April 5, 2018 Permalink

Why does it matter where he’s from? Sounds like some bigotry to me.

7. Mikey Likes It
    3:37 pm April 5, 2018 Permalink

ESPN’s FPI has also predicted us to lose to South Carolina for 4 years straight.

8. RogerW
    3:48 pm April 5, 2018 Permalink

I am no expert but I can definitely, with 100% confidence, say that we are not winning 5.4 games this year. I’ll bet my house and savings on it.

Don’t get me wrong, I think we will easily win 5 games. Just not sure where we’ll get .4 win at.

9. Catcasey1
    3:52 pm April 5, 2018 Permalink

Stoops will do something to screw it up

10. JaxWildcat
    4:10 pm April 5, 2018 Permalink

I don’t bet but if I did I’d take the over on that. I think they are good for a 6+ win, bowl eligible, season.

11. No surprise here. This has been the same prediction for UK every year since, well, ever. The more things change…

I also don’t get all the love for SC. They were getting all kinds of love last year until we shut their yaps. Tons of “experts” were picking them to beat or challenge GA for the east and we see how that worked out. Muschamp has shown nothing yet as a HC. Maybe he will, but he hasn’t so far.

• And I said the same thing about SC last year too, and we see how that turned out. I’m not even that good a prognosticator, but anyone should have seen they weren’t that good.

• drew_123
      6:26 pm April 5, 2018 Permalink

Muschamp is a proven loser. He maxed out last year so I hope USC fans are happy with that outcome for the foreseeable future.

12. chris43
    8:17 pm April 5, 2018 Permalink

If we only wi. 5-6 games this year…why are we paying Stoops like a top 20-25 coach? He’s had time.

13. notFromhere
    9:42 pm April 5, 2018 Permalink

WHY is anyone listening to ESPN at this point? They’ve gotten UK Football wrong nearly every one of the past 25 years.

They won’t drop below 6 wins from here forward if they keep improving and avoid significant injuries. Even with graduations they should stay above that mark

14. Miller45
    10:24 pm April 5, 2018 Permalink

all preseason speculation/predictions are just blowing smoke out their butt

15. notFromhere
    10:28 pm April 5, 2018 Permalink

Not buying their numbers.

SEC has 57 vics before the season starts guaranteed. 57 losses guaranteed.
    Of the 56 remaining games OOC, the SEC is going to lose 10? Definitely can’t be counting bowl games, either….

Season predictions are like averages. Don’t mean shit.