ESPN experts agree, UK projected to the Birmingham Bowl

Kentucky is two games away from bowl eligibility, and although the last three games haven’t inspired much confidence from fans, the folks at ESPN still think the Cats will get there. Mark Schlabach and Brett McMurphy released their updated bowl projections and both agree that Kentucky will play in the Birmingham Bowl on Wednesday, December 30th. Schlabach thinks the Cats will face Cincinnati, while McMurphy projects them to play Tulsa.

Birmingham may not be the most exciting city in the world, but if the Cats do end up there, we will make the best of it. Just think, we can go see the Vulcan statue, eat Dreamland BBQ, drink Good People IPA…they don’t call it the Magic City for nothing!

[ESPN]

18 Comments for ESPN experts agree, UK projected to the Birmingham Bowl

1. JDawg
    10:04 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

My projection is “The Toilet Bowl”. Only time will prove me correct. Thank God its basketball season!

• UK Big Board Update
      4:53 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

Yeah. I’d rather go to the bowl they went to the last 5 years……

2. dano
    10:07 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Birmingham has some great restaurants., best mandarin duck on the planet. Fans would get on the players if they quit, but rarely hold themselves to the same standard.

3. Kytenorman
    10:37 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

I hate to be a DEBBIE DOWNER, but anyone who thinks this team is going to Bowl Game, is out of touch with reality! We will not beat Vandy (again). We will do well to beat Charolette! Louisville is coming to our house and will win BIG!

Time to change Quarterbacks is too little too late. Tim Couch couldn’t complete a pass when the opposing defensive line is on you in less than 3 seconds! We can’t stop anyone no matter if its is offense or defense.

It is just sad!

• Booby Petrino
      11:05 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Sounds like you should be getting paid to be an expert instead of the other guys. Louisville didn’t even win big in their own house last year lol

• UK Big Board Update
      11:57 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

^^ With 12 NFL players. LOL

4. Tennis Abides
    10:39 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Given Louisville’s recent rise, I think much of UK’s bowl chances rest on beating Vandy. I hoped Bama would beat up on UT before UK played the Vols. That did not happen. I hoped Florida would do the same to Vandy. … I think they can still get to the post season, but this week is pretty big.

• Booby Petrino
      11:00 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Louisville’s rise…you mean that one game against Syracuse that they played well in? Two games before that they played terrible Wake Forest and BC teams and barely scraped out a victory. Yes, scraping out a victory over 2 crappy teams is better than getting your a$$ handed to you by good teams, but let’s not get all crazy acting like Louisville is actually good.

• Booby Petrino
      11:03 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

and yes, even in down years Miss St (who is now ranked), TN, and GA are a lot better than BC and WF.

• BigBlue2U
      11:13 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Louisville “good”? Ok, maybe not. Better than we are? Almost certainly (ick). As they say, if a bear is chasing you in the woods, I don’t have to be faster than the bear…just faster than you. Right now, the bear eats Big Blue.

• Tennis Abides
      1:58 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

I never said they were great. I just think that momentum matters a lot in football. Winning of course cures a lot of ills. So a likely Charlotte win will be big even if a Vandy loss hits. I’d rather face the dirty birds on a two game winning streak with bowl eligibility locked up though.

5. Howdy Doody
    10:51 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

No way this ragged bunch makes it….sigh. Vandy by 10, DirtyBirds by 12..sob…

6. RC
    10:53 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

Bowl projections are a complete waste of time. The playoff committee has released ONE final four projection to date and it’s only November 9th. Complete. Waste. Of. Time.

7. The Rest of the story
    11:00 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

How can the Cat O line keep their defense from camping out in the face of our quarterback ? Cannot see how possible to win agains Vandy. This team quit and the coaching staff has too. Cats will only play a bowl game in their minds.

8. symphonist41169
    12:37 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

I wouldn’t pay money to watch this bunch of quitters try to play if they were playing across the street from my house, let alone drive to the $hithole that is Birmingham, Alabama!!

• UK Big Board Update
      4:54 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

Noted. Thanks for commenting.

9. bigblueforever
    2:50 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

Hmm…. Birmingham in December to watch UK play Tulsa. Mighty tempting. Damn shame a gotta wax the cows that day.

10. mapcatfan
    6:48 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

Saw’s B’Que in Homewood is better. Just saying.