Embrace the Suck: The Worst of the Worst from Today’s Game

Image from every UofL fan on Twitter.

Image from every UofL fan on Twitter.

Image from every UofL fan on Twitter.

Never in my life have I been more disgusted with the Kentucky football team.  I’ve seen awfulness from the program before, but that’s because I knew they were terrible and lacked talent.  What makes this year’s season finale performance sickening (I thought I might puke in the press box in the 3rd quarter) is that this team has talent, but they lack execution, direction and development.

I’ve tried dressing this thing up throughout the year, but all I can do now to cope with the loss is make a long list of the disasters that made today’s Governor’s Cup a dumpster fire.  It may not be cohesive or carry a common theme because I’m pissed off and frankly I don’t give a damn.

Getting Spotted 21 Points isn’t Enough

For the second year in a row, our rival has handed us 21 points to start the game.  I’ll grant you, the first offensive drive was pretty good.  I just can’t get over the fact that the script was similar to last year: go up 21, they put in their backup QB, Kentucky loses.  At least last year’s team showed more fight down the stretch, displaying a mental toughness this team did not have.

What can the Offense do Without Boom?

There’s some things you can’t just can’t plan.  UK had the upper hand in the running backs department, but they were all hurt at some point.  Jojo for a big chunk of the first half, Mikel’s hand was crushed on the fumble (so much so the media relations staff asked us not to shake his hand after the game) and Boom Williams was lost for the game.  With receivers dropping passes in the rain, there was virtually no shot at a big play of any kind without Boom.

I tried to hold on to my hope for a win, but that quickly vanished after halftime.

Kentucky’s 3rd Quarter of Offense

11 offensive plays will get you nowhere fast.

3rd quarter

UK Will Never Learn How to Defend the Read Option

Defensive football is more complex now than it ever has been, but it’s astounding to see the lack of fundamentals displayed by Kentucky’s defense.  In its most basic form, defense is about gap responsibility.  Each hole is covered by a defender.  Defensive ends are responsible for outside containment.  Playing against option teams should be the most fun for defensive ends because you know what their job is?  Hit the quarterback.  Every single play.  Is Lamar Jackson an elite athlete? Yes, but he’s not a good thrower.  The ends didn’t force him to do anything out of the ordinary, they stayed at home and were too hesitant to lay a lick on him.  I know that offense can create big plays with an elite athlete, but I don’t understand how high schools can figure out how to defend it but Kentucky can’t.  Until proven otherwise, I’ve lost all hope that they ever will be able to defend the read option.

Bobby Petrino Did this After the Game

Second Half Passing

In Drew Barker’s career as a starting quarterback, he’s had -1 passing yards in the second half of play.  His second half stat line: 1-14 for -1 yards.

Two Stats You Can’t Rely on with this Kentucky Team

In the Governor’s Cup, you could rely on whoever won the battle in the rushing department to win the game.  Last year that trend changed (it did not today though).  You could also count on one team only winning four games in a row.  No team had ever won five in a row, until today.

Tobias “Cash” Gilliam might reconsider

Stoops said this loss wouldn’t hurt offseason “momentum,” but one of their best defensive back commitments seemed to be wavering before the game was even over.

Sigh.

Where Do We Go Now?

It’ a question that I don’t have an answer for, a question I don’t think anybody, including the coaching staff, has an answer for.

They tried to remedy the offensive woes by playing Drew Barker instead of Patrick Towles, but with an inept offensive line and receivers prone to dropping passes, the quarterback was only part of the problem, and getting a new one was not the solution.  The same goes for Shannon Dawson.  Getting a new offensive coordinator would give the offense three OC’s in three years – that makes things worse before it makes it better.

With a team heavily relying on young guys, we knew it was going to be struggle this year, but nothing THIS bad (10 TD passes and 16 INTs, I mean COME ON).  Kentucky has recruited the talent, but the coaching staff must prove that they can develop players, and they must do it quickly.  The players don’t have to transform into world beaters, they must consistently make the simple, routine plays.

Things must change in Year Four of the Mark Stoops Era.  Until then, enjoy an annual Kentucky tradition: forget football by enjoying basketball season.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

44 Comments for Embrace the Suck: The Worst of the Worst from Today’s Game

1. Craig Sagers Suits
    9:37 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

Dude, you can’t say you knew it was gonna be a struggle this year when this whole website and their writers were saying this was the year UK could go 8 or 9 in the W column before the season started. I called BS on it before the first game and got called out on it, and now you guys at KSR and other media are now called out. Until Barnhart hires a coach who is proven instead of experimenting with people who were just coordinators to start to right this thing and take football seriously, we can expect this result every year. If LSU decides to cut Les Miles loose, or Georgia with Mike Richt, I’d take either of those 2. Stoops has to go.

• Bluebros
      9:58 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

^^^ You are really dumb, for real.

Of course KSR predicted big things for the season. This is a pro-UK website. I’d rather read half glass full kind of stuff. We all knew the QB situation was going to be critical and they dropped the ball, (too soon??)

Kentucky had a real shot at beating Fla, Auburn & Vandy. They came close to losing to UL L and Eastern. Had Boom been able to play, I think today’s game would have ended differently. He’s as important to this team as Cobb was a few years back. Without Boom, we were just a Poof…

Miles and Richt ain’t never, ever gonna walk through these doors… Poop in one hand and wish in the other!

UK could have been 8-4 or 3-9 this year. In typical UK tradition, they finished about in the middle of expectations with a 5-7 record. What are you gonna do.

• Craig Sagers Suits
      10:33 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

You’re the dumbass. I get they’re a pro-UK website but I also believe in keeping it real. If you wanna get your hopes up even though you know in the back of your mind that they were going to tank then you sir are the dumbass. You seriously thought they were going to win at any part of the Auburn through Georgia part of the schedule? Florida, really? Florida’s had their number for 30 years. That’s 5 losses right there. The only 2 games I would say I was wrong about was calling Mizzou a loss and Vandy a win this year, just flip that, the results are the same.

If you were to offer Richt or Miles 3.6 million like Stoops is getting, I would bet that they would at least think about it. Not many college coaches get 3.5 million or more, though I think Les currently is stemming from that title he won with Russell.

There’s no way you’ll ever convince me that they had a shot at 8-4.

• Bluebros
      11:51 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

Holding my breath for you Craig and we’ll see what “big name” coach comes through those doors after Stoops.

* UK lost by 5 to Fla and had the ball with 2 mins left in the 4th. I would consider that a close game

* UK lost by 3 to Auburn and had the ball on AUB 44 with 2 mins left in the 4th. I would call that a close one.

Did you even watch those games? 8-4 was very possible but looking back, wasn’t likely. I think most folks thought 5-7 games was our max this year and we NAILED IT!!

• Craig Sagers Suits
      1:08 am November 29, 2015 Permalink

Bluebros, I’m just tired of losing more often than not over 30 years of watching this team. I watched all of the games and Auburn was a close contest but I when reading the schedule I still picked them to go ahead, even if it was a difference of 3. Losing to Florida at home by 5 is close but if it were in the swamp, it would have been far worse, still doesn’t negate the fact they’ve got our number.

You’re wrong on the assumption most folks thought 5-7. I read far more posts this summer calling for 8-4 and some even going as high as 9-3. I called 6-6 would be their best possible record trying to give some benefit to the doubt, but the result they finished with is not a surprise.

2. huehue
    9:56 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

Was did that Petrino move mean exactly?

3. pj
    9:58 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

Thanks for saying what we’re all thinking, Nick. It hurts but we are BBN and I’m proud to wear blue today (just cause it’s basketball season:) )

4. Long Dong Silver
    10:00 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

Too late, KSR. Too late. You were the engineers of the hype train. Can’t go back now.

5. Bluebros
    10:02 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

WHY NOT… try again next year!

6. inside info2
    10:03 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

Stoops nees to go. He is making the same coaching mistakes he made when he started. He has not progressed in the 3 years he has been here. ESPECIALLY not in his excuses. VERY FEW players have progressed any since he has been here. He obviously can’t hire staff. Morrow is the only reason he we have any semblance of a football team thanks to his recruiting. Stoops is not a good head coach.

He needs to be fired. But Barnhart won’t do that. So Dawson needs to go. But Stoops won’t do that. The DC needs to go along with all the positions coaches except the RB coach. More than likely he will get hired by another program this off season. So we are going to be stuck with Stoops and Dawson. Morrow may take another job this off season because he sees the writing on the wall. However his loyalty may keep him here. We better hope so.

• Bluebros
      10:09 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

Yeah! Thats the solution!! We’re the bottom of the barrel in the SEC and we only give our OC one year to prove himself before showing him the door. I’m sure those big named coaches will be lining up!

Yeah!! Lets fire Stoops and Barnhart. That’ll show them we mean business. That will bring in the big boys of coaching.

Yeah!! Lets fire all the position coaches too because every one of them are bums and our new big boy coach will hire better ones.

But lets keep Marrow…. He’s alright.

Sigh… Kentucky

• cats paw
      10:34 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

Yea that’s the solution!! Let’s give Stoops another 5-6 years being dead last in the weakest section of the SEC (east). Maybe we can dominate Eastern in one of those years. Why not give him about 5 million a year (with endorsements) to keep us the laughing stock of college football? We can’t do any better so let’s just unload the bank on him so he can keep promising us “next year”. I mean he did lead the florida St. defense! It’s just a coincidence that UK is dead last in defense. That will show everybody we mean business. Stupid is doing the same thing and expecting different results!!

• buzzard
      11:06 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

We have lost three games this year because of bad coaching. We were totally out coached in every aspect of the game today. It’s one thing to lose to a better team, but no way in hell we should get out scored 31 – 0 in the second half….it was embarrassing.

• inside info2
      11:19 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

Blues, its people like you that keep UK football mired in mediocrity. Stop being a UK fan so we can get better. Thanks.

• Bluebros
      12:01 am November 29, 2015 Permalink

You all are the same kind of ding dongs that are trying to push Les Miles out of LSU. I get it… No one is expecting a National Championship but if we’re going to lose, we better be competitive! Stoops runs a clean program, has/is bringing in solid recruits and he’s been accountable for every action. The only thing missing are wins.

We might do better with another coach but we might not. He’s been a class act from day one and he deserves another year. Joker was classy but he never got the players. There needs to be some changes but I don’t assume to know the answers.

I can say that you all jumping ship are some b***hes and BBN can stand to drop a few more of you turds. You’re stinking up the joint!

• BluKudzu
      9:01 am November 29, 2015 Permalink

Dude, you have had waaaaay too much Kool Aid. You are delusional if you think this is going to get better. Just stop, your comments have zero credibility at this point. The program under stoops is in its third year. There are 0 wins against any teams with winning records, there is no coach for special teams, the offense is lousy and the defense is non existent. I don’t know what you pay for season tickets, but for my money, I am not getting the value. If it is important to fill that stadium, then put something better on the field than clueless coaches with no experience, in the freaking SEC. This is the second time Barnhart has done this. Both times were miserable failures. Next year will be so much worse if things remain the same.

• Gitback Coach
      12:38 pm November 29, 2015 Permalink

Bluebros, I agree with almost everything I’ve seen you post, except your suggestion that Stoops deserves another year.

He deserves at least another three years.

• Bluecreeker
      12:43 pm November 29, 2015 Permalink

@Bluebros – I am not sure you see what the rest of the BBN seems to see. Let me start by saying I thing KSR was wrong to predict such a glorious season for UK Football. The addition of 3 and 4 star recruits does make us better, but 3 or 4 classes like that together with the experience and depth that comes from those young guy playing several reps takes is what it takes. And bringing the laughing stock of FBS schools up to SEC standards ain’t going to happen in 3 seasons. Anybody talking about Stoops being fired is clueless as I also agree, not are we not going to get a coach like Miles or Sabin to come to UK, we can’t even get PawPaw back at this point…..and in reality Stoops has the program headed in the right direction IMO.

Yes UK coulda, shoulda, woulda beat Florida and Auburn had they not dropped the ball, lost the ball, made stupid 4th and 1 calls….you name it. Those issues go back to youth and coaching. It is my opinion those types of issue will get better.

Patrick Towels, the young man did has not improved to the naked eye……..HOWEVER, many of the same issues we see with Patrick we also see with Drew. Could it be that UK has a horrible offensive scheme? Could it be that the OC does not know who CJ Conrad is? Could it be that the OC has no idea how to coach and improve a QB?

When someone like Stoops moves up from DC to HC he does have to prove himself. However when a OC makes a lateral move into the same position he does not get time to “prove” himself as his prior job experience is all one would need review when making that hire…..or so one would think.

Dawson did not call plays at WVA……..and we know why. If you personally watched the game and can’t figure it out, then that is on you. When a team like UK calls a handoff run right up the middle on almost every first down with little to no positive outcome…….then you might want to look at the play calling.

Down 21 points Petrino threw the playbook at UK, running reverses and even some razzle dazzle until he found the combo that worked. The point being, being an offensive mind, Petrino made in game adjustments until he found what worked. Dawson has not shown that ability to the BBN, and the lack of QB development is alarming. One would hope to see a good QB coach on the sideline next year, and a play calling guru whose name isn’t Dawson.

Defense, well……what do you expect when they spent 95% of the second half on the field. For the season I give them a C+ based upon their youth.

So I get what many BBN are saying, I also agree with you to a degree…..but Dawson is pitiful and Stoops had better make that change.

7. Tater
    10:12 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

I heard the Company Half & Half is sponsoring a Bowl just for UK …. They are calling it the “Half Ass” Bowl. This Bowl recognizes those schools that only play THE FIRST HALF of their games …. then sit on their ASS and let their opponent beat them in the 2nd half. UK is waiting to see who they will lose to in this game!!!!

8. The Professor
    10:26 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

It is very obvious we have a weak coaching staff. Since Stoops is now firmly on the hot seat it will very interesting as to who stays and who goes. SEC coaching staffs are filled with the cream of the crop. We have a bunch of guys who were out coached by OVC and Sun Belt staffs.

• Saul T. Nuts
      10:33 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

Stoops is only on the hot seat for idiots who don’t realize how far we’ve come in just three years. Sure it was a disappointing season, but give the man some time.

• Wildc8ts
      10:41 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

STOP! Give the man time? YOU… Right here. Right now. Tell us how long. You, who clearly seem to know when not enough time has passed to judge, tell us how much time must pass to judge. Tell us how long we must blindly support the coaches before we will magically arrive at the time when the GREAT, WISE, you will announce that the time has officially come to permit we ignorant masses to question the coaching competence.
      BTW: Here’s your ass, and the door is over there.

• Jaxson
      10:48 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

Hard to say Stoops is on the hot seat since Barnhart gave him a contract extension last year. I hear all the time about ‘the mess’ Joker left Stoops. Eventually UK needs to take a look at the clown who hired both of them.

• Bluebros
      12:11 am November 29, 2015 Permalink

Yeah! I know… What were those fools at the NACDA (The largest association of collegiate athletics administrators,) thinking when they awarded this clown the National AD of the year in 2015?!?

Some of you really need to pull your head out of the ol’ “O” ring and wake up! You fair weather fans are just weak sauce.

You lapped up every one of Barnhart’s hires like a cold, hungry kitty cat. Just shut up and drink your milk with the rest of us.

• Bluecreeker
      12:46 pm November 29, 2015 Permalink

Stoops is not on the hot seat, and we all better hope he decides not to bolt.

• Bluecreeker
      1:03 pm November 29, 2015 Permalink

@wildc8ts – So you think 2 good recruiting classes is all it takes to compete in the SEC. So tell me my BBN friend, exactly what rock did you crawl out from under?
      So let’s see here: Mark Stoops took over a program ranked at the very bottom of the FBS. Joker had not only depleted what little momentum PawPaw had attained, he could not even keep up the marginal recruiting he had done prior.
      So you, in your infinite wisdom think UK should fire Stoops after 3 seasons which means we would get exactly who to take over for him? One would have to think based upon your wisdom that Nick Saban would leave his job for UK.
      Or maybe you just think Stoops has a magic wand in his back pocket?

9. ScoggDog
    10:46 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

You know … that’s a wonderful point. In three years – Mark Stoops has coached up and recruited up Kentucky Football to nail-biter wins over Louisiana Lafayette and Eastern Kentucky. He’s also got SEC wins this year over two coaches who ultimately retired following the loss. And he got a big W over Charlotte.

That’s the progress UK Football has made in the Mark Stoops Era. Hell – you bring the Sakrete and I’ll bring the 2×6’s. Let’s get started early on the footer for his statue.

10. bige
    10:53 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

Stoops needs time….he is still learning to be a head coach and I think he will be a good coach eventually.

A lot of freshmen and sophs playing this year so the future is bright on the field.
    Linebackers looked better this year than they have in a few years
    DBs played well and looked great when there was even a little pressure on the QB
    RBs ran very hard and got a lot of yards when nothing was there.

The best thing he can do this off season is:
    -Bring someone on board that has been a head coach.

-Get away from the hurry up Big 12 offense stuff that SEC defenses salivate at when they see it.

-Offensive coordinator/QB, DLine and Oline coaches, and WR coach are in need of serious review.

-Need a dedicated QB coach as the QBs have not made any improvement in the last couple years.

Good head coaches make the right decision on the field but most importantly put the right assistant coaches around them.

• buzzard
      11:17 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

Good head coaches don’t lose to teams they should beat. We should be able to find a head coach that already knows how to do his job. I’ve been waiting for 35 yrs. Do I need to wait until pigs fly? Stoops and Dawson are inept at best.

• Bluecreeker
      12:50 pm November 29, 2015 Permalink

Buzzard, Good fans should not “assume” which teams the program should beat because as a fan you have about 1% of the info needed to make such a assertion. KSR and Matt being the expets have about 3% of the info needed.
      I agree, Dawson was a bad hire as he did not have play calling duties at WVA. I did not know that when he was hired…..but his play calling, offensive scheme, in game adjustment (none) are pathetic for a D1 OC. Stoops will be fine.

11. FunkyMonkey
    11:03 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

If I was Morrow’s business agent I would suggest that he leave for another position in the off season. I am surprised to see the blind loyalty that Stoops has for his arrogant OC in training that exceeds the loyalty he should have to the program and fans that will guarantee him an income for his family in excess of 25 million dollars. Look how many points Lincoln Riley’s team scored today,… and Stoops passed on him to pick an OC that didn’t even call his own plays. Stoops’ judgement is suspect at best. It’s easy to say “it’s on me” when such a fat lucrative contract is “on us”. Yes, to all those who said we’ve had too many OC’s,… remember Neal Brown left to become a head coach.

12. 3 fan
    11:57 pm November 28, 2015 Permalink

Nick remember this post when KSR starts its annual “this year is different” crap every summer. How about holding feet to the fire until they win something. Anything. They suck. The coaching staff sucks. Offense sucks. Defense sucks. Special teams???? Special suck there. Just a complete collapse….again

• Craig Sagers Suits
      1:02 am November 29, 2015 Permalink

-applause- Good post sir. They do it every year. Glad someone besides me caught on instead of walking blindly into the season expecting big things and then get results like this. I get this is a Pro-UK site but I think a Pro-UK site can hold a program, basketball, football, whatever accountable if they come up short instead of kissing the backsides of the University. I’m all for Pro-UK but let’s have some balance, accountability, and honesty in our blogs. I don’t think that’s too much to ask at all.

• Bluecreeker
      12:53 pm November 29, 2015 Permalink

Sounds like the blind (KSR) leading the blind (fans dumb enough to believe what KSR writes).
      So exactly who are you guys mad at?

13. Bluebros
    12:19 am November 29, 2015 Permalink

We need Jimmy Dykes to speak to these guys on how NOT TO flinch at loose balls. Too much flinching at loose balls on this team.

14. STEVE!
    12:39 am November 29, 2015 Permalink

To all of you wanting Stoops fired, unfortunately the same man who hired him, Joker, and Gillispie would be in charge of hiring Stoops’ replacement. UK football will never be any better that they are now with Mr. Barnhart at the helm.

15. dean winchester
    12:49 am November 29, 2015 Permalink

There are so many opinions on here….some valid…some complete crap…but bottom line Stoops needs to keep recruiting well….and fix the coaching issues….or next year his job will be in jeopardy. Too much money has been spent by the university/football boosters….and next year you win or you lose the fans. I’m behind Stoops, just like I was behind Brooks when
    some very vocal, passionate, but completely irrational fans wanted his head. On to basketball…..

16. kyjohn
    1:14 am November 29, 2015 Permalink

I’m not so sure Stoops is recruiting all that well.This is his third year and those players he brought in in year one and two certaintly haven’t lit the world on fire.Some have shone virtually no improvement and some have moved on.UK got beat today by a Louisville team starting 4 freshmen on the offensive line and a freshman quarterback.
    Stoops and his staff have not shone they can make halftime adjustments or any adjustment to clinch a game.Kentucky football players simply are not as strong (fit) or mentally tough enough to beat the Floridas.Georgias,and Tennessees of the football world,and most teams that play them (UK) know they will win.UL and Vandy are prime examples.
    As long as Stoops is at UK and Petrino is at UL ,UK will lose and largely because the UL players know they can beat the Cats and will refuse to lose.

17. The Rest of the story
    9:23 am November 29, 2015 Permalink

No reason to look at next year. This team has the same lines on both sides of the ball so no hope there at all. We have the same quarterbacks so not much hope there either. Worst of all we have the same coaching staff and that guarantees another losing season. Stoops has taken the UK purse and laughs every day at the good fortune he has accumulated with no ability to coach a football team. He is now a multi-millionare and laughs in our faces while lying to the public about what he will do. Stoops is nothing but Joker 2.0.

18. channell
    9:39 am November 29, 2015 Permalink

I refuse to ever again to be caught up in the hype of Ky football. It is what it is. I have waited 40 years for a competitive team yearly and it’s not going to happen. Millions of dollars spent on a facility will not win games. I’m guessing Stoops has one more year to deliver. No doubt ticket sales will suffer next year. Stoops encourages fans to fill the stands but football like any other type of entertainment or product has to perform successfully to encourage people to spend their dollars. The only positive thing about Ky football is that basketball season starting in a few weeks. I don’t think we are lacking in talent but the coaching may be very questionable. We don’t seem to make the necessary adjustments to win. Look at the games we struggled to win this year. Thank God for basketball.

19. lostmyseats
    10:32 am November 29, 2015 Permalink

Why are the fans not asking the question if Kemp and Williams and flashes of success of a few others in the backfield is the strength of the team then why in the hell is the effort to force good throws with below average receivers and unproven passing quarterbacks?! Is it the same offensive line that is not making the holes possible on some great running plays and not on the passing?! Look, there is vital need for improvement but you ask anyone who understands the Air Raid, System or whatever one wants to call it the foundation is the 2 second attack. Point that out in this year’s performance. 4 seconds or more is dead land in a pocket passing air raid set. Plus it seems last year’s special teams coach ended up at Houston and is doing OK. So, why is special teams coach not needed now?? Are we exceptional at that aspect of the game? How will Stops (purpose misspell) review that aspect and if Morrow is all that as a coach make him the Special Teams Coordinator.

20. kurofmi
    11:15 am November 29, 2015 Permalink

Stoops is similar to a toddler who shakes a can of Legos and once a day a marginal shape falls out. His parents beam at his potential. All others kneel down and vomit. Difference? The toddler might someday become competent.

21. jaws2
    2:12 pm November 29, 2015 Permalink

I’ve had season tickets to UK since Commonwealth was opened. I lived in NC for 10 yrs and missed THREE home games and sometimes drove round trip 1000 miles on the same day. I went to Miami for the the BB game and left this morning at 5 AM, flew into Indy and drove to the game with hopes of a victory. Please don’t embarrass yourself by calling me a ‘Troll’ or not a ‘real; fan.

The ineptness with this coaching staff has been totally unacceptable. We have been mired in mediocrity for decades and will continue to be there until this university becomes committed to football. Memphis for gosh sake, Stanford, Northwestern (really?), Texas A&M, MS, MS St, TN, Duke, NC, VA Tech, Iowa in the fricken middle of nowhere, and too many others to mention, are committed to football AND can get quality coaches who coach players up.

I am sick of the “oh a lot of these teams play in a weaker conference” line, or “but their basketball team isn’t as good as ours”. I call BS on that, they get players and coach players up! The ineptness of play calling, game management, the lack of making any adjustments, poor discipline, total lack of creativity, and having pathetic special teams, is all on this staff. We’re getting better athletes, but they are being cheated out of the opportunity for success. The SEC is NOT a training ground for head coaches and this hire should never have been made.

There are NO excuses that can be made. This staff does not deserve another year. I challenge anyone to give me an area outside of recruiting, where this program has improved in 3 years. It has not, and will not next year. We’re looking at maybe 5-7 next year, at best, with the schedule in front of us and this staff. Why wait another year to do the inevitable?

22. manOwar
    10:32 am November 30, 2015 Permalink

I feel like I should know, but I do not get the significance of the Petrino locker room video. What was he doing hiding his head in his arm like that? Somebody fill me in. Thanks!