EKU players involved in bar brawl have been reinstated

Here’s some news that will spice up the EKU/UK game in October: EKU officials just announced they have reinstated Colton Scurry and Patrick Graffree, the two football players involved in the Richmond bar fight with Drew Barker, Dorian Baker, and Tymere Dubose. Here’s the release from EKU:

After allowing the legal process and the Eastern Kentucky University student judicial process to run their course, student-athletes Colton Scurry and Patrick Graffree have been fully reinstated to the football team. Scurry and Graffree have met all university, athletic department and team requirements.

Scurry and Graffree were suspended back in April and during their investigation, police determined Scurry was the “primary aggressor” in the bar fight. If you’ve seen the surveillance tape of Graffree sucker punching Drew Barker, I think you will agree he was the primary aggressor in that incident as well.

Surely this news has made it to the UK locker room. October 3 will be fun.

[WKYT]

27 Comments for EKU players involved in bar brawl have been reinstated

1. fakinnomah
    12:40 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

Time to serve up a dish best served cold……revenge. Little on field justice.

2. ukjaybrat
    12:43 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

** checks to see the future odds on Drew Barker, Dorian Baker, and Tymere Dubose walking to mid-field for the coin flip on October 3rd

** places a $1,000,000 bet

… if only that were a real thing 😉

3. J-Dub421
    12:46 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

Some punishment EKU. They got suspended during the summer and missed zero games. I’m sure they really learned their lesson.

4. CalRipken
    12:54 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

Figures – looks like EKU protects the criminals and nothing is done for the victims. Surprised since EKU has the KSP Academy there.

• Correction
      3:19 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

The KSP Academy is in Frankfort.

5. David8577
    1:01 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

If I was an EKU season ticket holder (is there such a thing?), I would ask for a refund.

6. cracka
    1:11 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

no matter how many times this is shown or brought up I don’t get mad at EKU players, I am disgusted by our guys’ lack of sack

• JohnnyCat
      1:27 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

I agree…the way the UK guys just stood there when Drew got knocked the F out and did nothing is a FAR more serious issue to me. Fact is you defend your boys no matter what…especially your “star” QB.

• Jake
      2:31 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

You all are the people that make these players wrong no matter what they do. If they wouldve struck out and hit this guy then you would say they should have not retaliated and put the team before themselves.There are no locker room issues, so stop trying to act like you know how these guys feel about each other and if they are willing to stick up for each other or not.

• ClutchCargo
      2:42 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

Jake, nobody suggested the UK guys should have fought the whole room of EKU guys. But it would have been the manly thing to do to at least help your teammate up off the floor, or maybe even show some concern for his well-being.

• Jake
      3:16 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

You dont even really know if a UK guy is even in that room because if there was what happened at the bar probably wouldve happened again. Just saying.

7. Bluebloodtoo
    1:16 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

retribution = one game of fun, with risk of long term injury. Is the team season more important than your own ego and pride?

8. meeksfor3
    1:50 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

A little Dicky Lyons Jr crack back block may be in order for Mr Graffree

• J-Dub421
      1:58 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

Wasn’t it Dorian Baker who laid out that LSU player with a block? He could do that again….

9. Buckeye
    1:50 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

This site is hilarious. So, tell me again why UK would need locker room material to beat an OVC team? Is your team that bad?

• J-Dub421
      1:56 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

No one said we needed it. Just that it was there. If you’re really an OSU fan, why are you even here? This would be like me going to an OSU board during basketball season, which will never happen because you’re irrelevant.

• David8577
      3:10 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

Are you new to college football?

10. Cry some more
    1:58 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

I think this whole thing is getting blown out of proportion. IT WAS A FIGHT. Everyone posting has either been in a fight or watched someone get beat up. It happens. That is what happens when you get a bunch of dudes that play a violent sport and introduce beer and a rival team. To those of you who are saying Patrick should be charged are out of your mind. Yes he sucker punched a guy. What about the kid that was put in the HOSPITAL after being hit in the face with a BOTTLE. WHY ISNT ANYONE TALKING ABOUT CHARGES ABOUT THAT!!! Regardless if he started it or not Like really a sucker punch is worse than putting a kid in the hospital I had no clue no clue at all that’s good to know. So next time a guy pisses me off I’ll just hit him across the face with a bottle a couple of times. You UK fans are delusional to think UK players are above others. A player accused of rape and a few years back a player kicked off the team for selling drugs. I didn’t know selling drugs was better. I cant believe no actions were not taken on the UK players. Well Stoops is from FSU they have their fair share of problems most of them swept under the rug I’m sure like Preston Parker, Greg Reid, Greg Dent and Jameis Winston. If my friend was just put in the hospital you better believe I would do the same thing if I was Pat that’s brotherly love right there and I ‘m all for sticking up for a teammate. The UK guys should have left after the bar fight instead of go to Telford where the majority of the players live that is their fault. things turn out for the best.

• BigBlueBoom
      2:03 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

Kid got cracked with a bottle bc he started a fight. A person has the right to defend their self once they are attacked. UK player had every right to use a bottle to defend himself once your redneck started the fight. And about your comment: “A player accused of rape and a few years back a player kicked off the team for selling drugs. I didn’t know selling drugs was better.” Well, idiot, the accused rapist was kicked off the team, as was the drug seller so how does that compare to EKY KEEPING guys who start fights and sucker punch? You are clearly an eastern KY idiot who will be butthurt when UK beats those a**es on the field.

• J-Dub421
      2:07 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

Because the guy who got sent to the hospital instigated a brawl, and got his butt kicked. Plus there is no video evidence that Scurry was actually hit with a bottle.

You just stated in your own rant that a player accused of rape (accused, not convicted or even charged) was kicked off the team. So UK does enact discipline. EKU does not.

The player selling drugs was a U of L player. Get your teams straight.

Grafree is a punk and if he had beef with Barker then he should have walked up to him like a man and not snuck up behind him and sucker punched him. That was a b*tch move.

11. CalRipken
    2:07 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

Now we’re seeing the trash talking!!

12. Cry some more
    3:28 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

J-dub you must keep up with your own team do you? Ridge Wilson was arrested on Felony drug charges. Last time I checked he played for a terrible UK team a few years ago. Actually ever UK player plays for a terrible team. A 6-6 team with a bowl game at the Music City is a good year for you clowns.

Our players are “bad” but UK players are running around on campus with fake guns like there hasn’t been a spree of mass shooting on campuses and public places but to you guys its just “things kids do”. You guys are so far up UK players asses its crazy. Remove the nuts from your mouths its just ridiculous. A UK player could beat your daughter and you would be fine with it.

• jdarren1963
      3:38 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

You do know that Wilson never played another game for UK after he was arrested, right?

• CatsBy80
      3:40 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

dude. shut up.

• Bleed Blue
      3:59 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

The fact that you are defending EKU players is hilarious. You obviously go to school there currently and know nothing of the players. I just graduated from there and never went to a single sporting event because the players are straight detriments to society and I would never support them. Most of them without professors giving them their grades could barely even maintain a D average. UNC was bad but EKU is just as bad for giving players grades. The players think they are God’s gift and believe they are going pro. They act like they play for an SEC school. It’s not UKs fault that EKU sucks and will never be good in sports.

• J-Dub421
      5:11 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

Learn to use the reply function.

• J-Dub421
      5:22 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

I do keep up with my team. Ridge Wilson played in 2012, and is not remotely current.

A few 18 year olds playing with pellet guns and not hurting anyone is not a problem for me.

Your grammar and spelling are atrocious.

Follow your own advice and remove the EKU thugs nuts from your mouth. I can’t believe you can watch Grafree circle around and sucker punch Barker from behind like that and still try to defend that low-life. Why didn’t he come straight in when he entered the door? Barker was right there in front of him. Can you answer that moron?