Eddie Gran is trending nationally on Twitter again

There are college football games being played all over America today with two offensive coordinators in each game, but only one offensive coordinator is currently trending nationally on Twitter and it’s the one in Lexington: Eddie Gran.

Gran is one of Twitter’s hottest Saturday topics for a second straight week, this time joining Halloween, Sean Connery, Clemson, Boston College and Michigan as a frequently used topic online today. I’ll leave you to do your own searching of Gran’s name on the internet, but I can tell you the positive comments are hard to find, if they exist.

For those of you unfamiliar with Twitter and what it takes to be a trending topic, just know it’s not good for an assistant football coach to make the list, and this is Gran’s second straight weekend in the national spotlight.

Mark Stoops said after game, “We have to take more shots. Eddie knows that and he’s been hard on himself.”

Let’s hear those Eddie Gran takes…

Article written by Drew Franklin

18 Comments for Eddie Gran is trending nationally on Twitter again

1. mashman 93
    3:59 pm October 31, 2020 Permalink

Why isn’t Mark Stoops?

2. TBW3011
    4:01 pm October 31, 2020 Permalink

I’ll keep posting it. Gran, Dawson, Brown. None have run anything near what they ran elsewhere. I’m not sure how much more obvious it can be the head coach has his thumb pressed on the offense just hoping to fall into some wins. You have to be creative in today’s game as scoring is as high as ever. The good ones adjust. Look at Saban. He realizes the days of shutting teams down and 3 yards and a cloud of dust no longer cut it.

• justgettingstartedbro
      4:27 pm October 31, 2020 Permalink

Agree 100%.

• nocode96
      8:17 pm October 31, 2020 Permalink

I agree with this. Gran Serbs to be getting unfairly crucified by or fan base constantly. I love Stoops and what he’s done, but even I can see this isn’t Gran’s fault and I know about as much about football as mashbum knows about basketball.

3. TBW3011
    4:03 pm October 31, 2020 Permalink

And while it won’t work, if that is the offense Stoops wants to run how about hire an OC that specializes in that instead of the exact opposite? Maybe see what Tom Osborne or a former Army coach is up to

4. Shredder
    4:04 pm October 31, 2020 Permalink

5. UKFanSC
    4:04 pm October 31, 2020 Permalink

You didn’t have to be Vince Lombardi to know that our best opportunities today were with Chris Rodriguez.

• claiborne_field
      4:08 pm October 31, 2020 Permalink

This.

6. dhard
    4:04 pm October 31, 2020 Permalink

I do believe it is stoops calling the offense. Coaching not to lose and how are they doing, losing. Give your kids a chance to win and he is not allowing that to happen as the imagination on offense is non existent

7. bigblue98
    4:09 pm October 31, 2020 Permalink

Interesting – I don’t make 4 million as a head coach or 1 million as a coordinator, yet my boss still expects results or I get fired. Guess I chose the wrong profession.

8. JohnnyCat
    4:18 pm October 31, 2020 Permalink

Eddie Gran is terrible. He’s been terrible his entire time at UK. They’ve had some good players the last few years so they were able to win some games finally. But the reality is that Eddie Gran is just a terrible terrible offensive coordinator, period.

9. east-ky-boy
    5:00 pm October 31, 2020 Permalink

I’m came to conclusion that stoops handcuffs his OC’s. Everyone has the same problem. Even Neil brown. It’s stoops! He wants to win every game 7-3

10. crazycatfan65
    5:05 pm October 31, 2020 Permalink

It would help out a lot if the wide outs could get open and then make the catch. We have had several easy catches dropped by this group.

11. Bluenblood
    5:34 pm October 31, 2020 Permalink

We are just tired. Tired of excuses. Tired of anemic offense. Tired of Eddie. Tired of TV announcers asking what the F we are doing !!! Lets pull the plug and move on

12. FatDaddyCat
    7:00 pm October 31, 2020 Permalink

This SEC only schedule is just showing that we STILL aren’t a legitimate SEC team. When you can’t have the 4 games against northern, southern, western and eastern Michigan’s of the world to count as W’s and get 2 or 3 conference wins against our fellow bottom feeders in the east it kind of takes the shine off this coaching staff. We have better athletes these days, just still don’t have the juice to take the next step up the ladder. After all the hype from the last couple seasons and this preseason, we are still where we have always been. Bottom of the SEC east.

• Pensacola_Cat_Fan
      7:36 pm October 31, 2020 Permalink

I think we are good enough to compete in the trenches but our wide receivers are MAC quality…if that.

13. Matt10
    8:09 pm October 31, 2020 Permalink

Just seemed like they were playing for a respectable loss rather than a win. I’ll give Gran credit for one thing. When they needed a couple yards he didn’t do something stupid, he gave it to 24.

14. bbn606
    9:59 pm October 31, 2020 Permalink

Gran’s teams passed for over 300 yards per game each of the three years he was at Cincinnati. Makes you wonder if the problem is Stoops or Gran.