Drop everything and watch Josh Ali explain the Belk Bowl’s final drive

Good morning. Are you ready to experience feelings you didn’t think you’d feel today? If you’re up for getting all of the chills and maybe shedding a happy tear or two, UK wide receiver Josh Ali walks fans through the game-winning drive in last year’s Belk Bowl in the new edition of Between The Lines.

You probably remember Ali was pretty important on that drive, and in this new interview from UK he tells us what was going through his mind. Today is about Derby throughout the Bluegrass, but this video will get you excited for football three Saturdays from now.

Go Cats.

It’s so wild UK won by throwing the ball. Got eeeeeeeeeeem.

Article written by Drew Franklin

9 Comments for Drop everything and watch Josh Ali explain the Belk Bowl’s final drive

1. Tom Bombadil
    5:18 pm September 5, 2020 Permalink

Awesome! Way to go Josh Ali!! and Lynn Bowden!!!
    That game and especially that play is forever etched into UK Football lore! I love the behind-the-scenes perspective, I love the encouragement and thoughtfulness from Josh to Lynn. That’s the brotherhood! That’s is THE CATS!!
    Yes sir!
    GO BIG BLUE!!!

2. chrisblue
    5:20 pm September 5, 2020 Permalink

Perfect timing on that article Drew. I’m downing a few cold ones while I grill out and I’m hitting up the DVR to watch this game for about the 10th time… it never gets old, one of the best games I’ve ever seen. GO CATS!!!

3. panicpat
    6:18 pm September 5, 2020 Permalink

That drive was amazing. I felt like we would find a way to lose. Nope. I think we’ve turned the corner on Kentucky football suffering

4. tdub
    8:35 pm September 5, 2020 Permalink

I never get tired of watching that drive and especially that play. Ready for football.

5. csnailnrun
    9:49 pm September 5, 2020 Permalink

Epic video

6. michaelb
    11:49 pm September 5, 2020 Permalink

Wow , that was a nice refresher . That was so cool how Lynn went joshes way last second

7. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    12:00 am September 6, 2020 Permalink

Awesome! The video production was terrific, and I had no idea Josh was hurt. It makes that diving catch even more impressive.

8. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    12:05 am September 6, 2020 Permalink

However, have you guys no respect for the august Bud Foster? *sniff*

Haha. The amount of air time we had to see his mug still makes that last drive that much sweeter. The thing is, it wasn’t his fault, so blame The World Wide Leader, not Bud.