Drew Barker is still getting it done on the recruiting trail

(Sports.Yahoo.com)

Yesterday’s 4-star Tight End commit C.J. Conrad had a Q&A session with the Courier-Journal that is well worth a read.  Conrad opened up about his commitment to the Cats as well as the recruiting process. Conrad talked a lot about how Kentucky has really put a stamp on the Ohio recruiting scene, treating it like it’s own home state. Conrad also said one player in particular had a major impact on his decision to commit to Kentucky. Can you guess who?

Drew Barker, of course.

“I think Drew Barker is an absolute stud. He’s going to be really good, and that had a big impact on my decision too— having a quarterback that’s a year older than me and that’s going to have a really good future there. He’s going to be throwing me the ball and getting the offense involved… I liked how the pace of practice went, and that had a big impact on my decision as well.”

Add Conrad to the list of commits/recruits who plan to do their part on the recruiting trail. Conrad said his focus will shift to trying to help get #1 rated RB Damien Harris (from Madison Southern) to commit to the Cats as well.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

12 Comments for Drew Barker is still getting it done on the recruiting trail

1. Awesome
    9:45 pm May 10, 2014 Permalink

They way we are recruiting, we could have 4 wins by 2016. Just have to gird up our loins and roll up our sleeves.

• Yeah...
      12:30 am May 11, 2014 Permalink

Sometimes it sucks playing in a big boy football conference, not the AAC, I mean Big Least, or wait, Conference USA, shoot I meant the Metro Conference, dang it, I meant the Missouri Valley Conference….. Wherever. You know where I mean!

Seriously, congrats to Lil’ Bro finally joining a real conference!

• schwing
      10:37 am May 11, 2014 Permalink

no way louisville fans would watch decades of kentucky football in order to make completely accurate statements like the first one here. people like me are simply tired of letting kentucky football kick us in the face. enjoy 3-9, barker.

• Proud Kentuckian
      11:56 am May 11, 2014 Permalink

Schwing I rarely read the comments section of KSR specifically due to you and a handful of others. I rank you among the worst of the worst. I try to live positively looking for the best in people and situations. The negativity of people like you just drag the world down. You make demeaning comments without any thoughtful commentary.

2. Terry Blue
    10:04 pm May 10, 2014 Permalink

What type of personality flaw motivates posters like the one above to waste their time and identify themselves as idiots at the same time?

• Terry Blue
      10:08 pm May 10, 2014 Permalink

I like to toss my meat to pictures of Matt Jones

• schwing
      10:38 am May 11, 2014 Permalink

it’s a personality flaw called “living in reality.”

3. Mad max
    10:08 pm May 10, 2014 Permalink

It’s called stupidity. Unfortunately, the infliction is incurable.

4. Mad max
    10:08 pm May 10, 2014 Permalink

Affliction… Love spell check!!

5. Brad
    7:41 am May 11, 2014 Permalink

Barker is the real deal. No way Towles should start. He had his chance and blew it

• Ky. Calm
      9:17 am May 11, 2014 Permalink

Reel it in a little my man….the kid is unproven to say the least, hasn’t faced real competition in his life. Lets give it some time before we declare him anything…

6. kes
    9:07 am May 11, 2014 Permalink

BRAD, you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. just shut up