DJ Eliot’s hire now official at Colorado

If you were holding out hope that all of this Eliot-to-Colorado talk was more fake news in our fake news world, well I’m afraid you’re not going to like what I am about to tell you.

Colorado University officially named DJ Eliot its new defensive coordinator in a news release from the football program Thursday afternoon. In that release, Eliot was quoted as saying, “I am very excited to work at a great program with an excellent head coach and at a place that has always been special to me and my family.”

The release also says Eliot will arrive in Boulder tomorrow in time for a big recruiting weekend, and that he has a three-year contract on the table, pending approval by the school’s board.

He gone.

Article written by Drew Franklin

8 Comments for DJ Eliot’s hire now official at Colorado

1. Ninjashock
    6:04 pm January 19, 2017 Permalink

Not to be rude, but are we supposed to care? To all outside appearances, our defense only ended up being decent because Stoops took personal control of the group. It might very well be for the best that Eliot moves on.

• UKPROF
      6:58 pm January 19, 2017 Permalink

Not to be rude, but this is truly the best news I’ve seen about this football team since Stoops was hired. I wish Eliot all the luck (he’ll need it) at Colorado, but this is wonderful news for UK football. Surely Stoops will take this opportunity to find a STRONG defensive coordinator so this football program can continue to grow and improve. GREAT NEWS!

2. WeareBBN
    6:26 pm January 19, 2017 Permalink

agree ninja, I don’t know of one person that was not happy to hear he was leaving. Drew, who did you hear from that was hoping it was fake talk? BBN welcomed the news, he was not a good DC and I am sure Stoops only kept him this long because of their friendship. This way Stoops does not look like a heel in firing him, is a win/win for all, especially UK.

3. GroundControlToNumber9
    6:26 pm January 19, 2017 Permalink

I have to say I’m surprised that Elliot got the chance at Colorado. He must have some serious connections as he never showed what I wanted to see here.

I wish him luck and can only think Mark Stoops was the one who made this happen (by talking Elliot into moving on and then talking Elliot up to Colorado).

• WeareBBN
      7:36 pm January 19, 2017 Permalink

Have you ever seen defense in the PAC how many teams do they have. There is no focus out there on defense so he should do ok.

4. sincitycat
    9:02 pm January 19, 2017 Permalink

If his defense sucks he can always go to a local dispensary for relief…Boulder has many pot shops.

5. Bluegrass7914
    11:07 pm January 19, 2017 Permalink

Colorado has lost their damn mind. You want Eliot? Really? Holy fyuk you justed screwed the pooch. You still got time to back out of the hire Colorado. You best do it

6. satcheluk
    7:17 am January 20, 2017 Permalink

He will probably do fine there. I’m interested to see who Stoops brings in. I’m leaning towards Buh being promoted, which doesn’t get me too excited, but we will see.