DirecTV and AT&T customers may not be able to see tomorrow’s game

Do you have DirecTV, AT&T U-Verse, or AT&T TVNow? You may want to make a backup plan for tomorrow’s Kentucky vs. Florida game.

AT&T, DirecTV’s parent company, is currently in negotiations with Disney, ESPN’s parent company, who is threatening to black out ABC affiliates, the ESPN and Disney networks, and Freeform if an agreement isn’t reached.

“Unfortunately, so far AT&T has refused to reach a fair, market-based agreement with us, despite the fact that the terms we are seeking are in line with recent marketplace deals we have reached with other distributors. If a deal is not reached soon, DIRECTV and AT&T video subscribers could lose access to ABC, ESPN and more.”

No deadline has been mentioned, but SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey tweeted about the possible outage this morning.

Disney is encouraging viewers to call AT&T to tell them to keep the networks they’re paying for. This is most likely just a bullying tactic on Disney’s part, but to be safe, have a backup plan so you’re not in the dark tomorrow at 7 p.m.

For more information, visit InstantAccessTV.com.

25 Comments for DirecTV and AT&T customers may not be able to see tomorrow’s game

1. Bluebloodtoo
    12:53 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

Hulu live TV is a great option if you have a broadband internet connection. Cheaper than any other comparable cable package AND doesn’t go out when a big storm hits.

• RackEmWillie
      12:58 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

That was a great decision when we got it early last year. We ended up saving $25 per month and got a much better selection of channels. I recommend this to anyone looking to get rid of cable.

• Bluebloodtoo
      1:14 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

One of my favorite things is paying the extra $6 to get rid of the commercials. It doesn’t help live tv much, but almost everything else is commercial free.

2. minton22
    12:54 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

I cut the chord a couple years ago and got SlingTV. So far no issues and sooo much cheaper than cable. I hope this doesn’t effect sling too.

• BTownUKFan
      1:16 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

I”m a Slinger too, going on two years. I have to pay a little $10 extra for SEC network but always cancel that part of the service after basketball season. Sling TV is the way to go!!

3. ClutchCargo
    1:07 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

I have been on the fence about staying with DirecTV, and this would be the thing that pushes me off. I would be done with Disney/ESPN too, if that was an option. lol

• bringtheVCR
      1:15 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

What Disney/ESPN doesn’t tell you is DirecTV is actually fighting to keep your bill lower. These networks like to blame the provider but your Disney/Espn’s of the world are what make your bill so high.

• foamfinger
      1:33 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

@bringtheVCR – You are exactly correct. AT&T/Direct TV has lost a lot of subscribers the past year because of these black outs, but AT&T has been taking a hard line stand on ridiculous price increases. That’s not to say that AT&T/Direct TV doesn’t have a hand in past malarky when it comes to cable bills, but the current fight is directly related to trying not to pay excessive money for broadcasting rights.

• ClutchCargo
      1:44 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

I completely get that. There would be no standoff if DirecTV just accepted the higher cost and passed it along to their customers. My bill is already higher than I think it should be, so I’m considering the alternatives.

• J-Dub421
      1:49 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

They’re all a bunch of money grubbing worms.

• Realme
      5:35 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

Directv is horrifically overpriced. The idea of them fighting to keep my bill low is hilarious. They are fighting to keep their profits off you suckers that still overpay them high.

• bringtheVCR
      11:48 am September 14, 2019 Permalink

What you didn’t understand from my first comment is the reason your cable bill is high. It’s high because of the co tent that DirecTV and other have to buy off of these providers. They have to pass cost on to you to be able to provide it. I don’t have DirecTV, I just work in the industry and see these companies like ESPN try to pressure companies into paying whatever they demand. They love to make your cable provider look like the bad guy because they can charge whatever they want and no one ever sees that.

4. clarks
    1:13 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

Direct tv will never enter my home again if I dont get the game. Also I called and told em as such too

• magicat13
      2:16 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

I just called and got bounced to three different people. All they could say is they are in negotiations and at this time they didn’t know about tomorrow. I told them if it isn’t I’ll call and cancel the minute I notice the interruption.

5. Ben27
    1:18 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

They just want you to call in and complain to Direct TV to have leverage over them. They will reach a last minute agreement before the game. I have seen this play out too many times.

6. Harlanian
    1:26 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

Youtube TV here

• ukjaybrat
      1:37 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

same. love it. although i may take a peak at hulu live since YTTV just lost ESPN3.

• Realme
      5:37 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

Same but PS Vue also really good. Hulu and Sling fine. I free trialed them all when I cut the cord. All four better than cable or satellite.

7. madarchitect
    1:32 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

PS Vue – best channel selection.

8. cats646
    3:08 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

Dish is the way to go

9. treeham3
    5:57 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

You guys know that you can get ESPN+ for like $5.99 per month and see any game you want. Watch it online or cast it to your TV. No commitment.

• UKFanSC
      6:35 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

I just spoke to ESPN, and they told me that the Kentucky Florida game would not be streamed at all ??

10. UKFanSC
    6:39 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

I was just told by ESPN that the game will not be streamed at all. Unless you have a subscription from a TV subscriber you will not get this game.

11. BBN1982
    11:33 pm September 13, 2019 Permalink

I spoke with DirectTV and they told me the game will be available for subscribers.

12. Hatchet
    8:38 am September 14, 2019 Permalink

I have Directv as of this morning (14 sept) all of my channels are still working. Bring on the Gators..GO CATS!!!