Dick Vitale calling for an upset in Commonwealth this weekend

vitale

Dick Vitale put his basketball analysis aside for the day to make a college football prediction for the weekend. Vitale, who lives less than two hours from Gainesville, believes the Cats can pull off the upset over his neighboring Florida Gators.

Vitale tweeted the pick, as only Dick Vitale can:

It’s gonna be awesome, baby!

Article written by Drew Franklin

26 Comments for Dick Vitale calling for an upset in Commonwealth this weekend

1. UK is my bay bay
    11:12 am September 26, 2013 Permalink

Some a-hole says predicts this every year, and gives the Florida guys bulletin board motivation. How bout a rousing speech for OUR football team, not overbearing expectations.

2. WHO CARES
    11:12 am September 26, 2013 Permalink

Dickie V is a tool

3. Sam
    11:17 am September 26, 2013 Permalink

Crack!

4. Mortgage Guy
    11:27 am September 26, 2013 Permalink

Must be the Diaper Dandies!!!

Frankly, I hate it when a lot of people get on the bandwagon with a pick. But I seriously doubt it impacts the game much. Whoever executes the best will win and if the Florida players (or UK) get too amped up over stuff like this, it makes it hard to execute.

5. Blue Jesus
    11:30 am September 26, 2013 Permalink

I think it was mentioned yesterday that UF’s rush D is ranked #1. I don’t know much about Miami’s and Tennessee’s run games, but if it isn’t too inflated then we better hope for a good day at QB or it could get ugly again. Also we’ve GOT to force some turnovers. Time for this secondary to get their first interception(s). The only reason Miami didn’t lose by two touchdowns is because they turned Florida over so much.

6. DIckie V
    11:30 am September 26, 2013 Permalink

It’s going to be upset City Baby when Joker returns to Lexington and he Finds Mary Ho is no longer around to fiddle with is johnson

7. Ridge Runner
    11:34 am September 26, 2013 Permalink

The landscape is ripe for it -so I can see someone in the media mentioning it. UF’s injuries at key positions with the next game away and they aren’t the powerhouse as they once were.

Lets go Cats and turn this into fact!

8. Jeffrey
    11:38 am September 26, 2013 Permalink

I hope it turns out to be true!

9. NotSatire
    11:40 am September 26, 2013 Permalink

Somebody tell DickyV this is the sport with the game ball with the 2 points on the ends. j/k Dicky, I love ya.

10. RICK
    11:44 am September 26, 2013 Permalink

We can’t beat Western, how can we beat Flordia. If we had beaten Western and The cards then i could see it possible happening. I hope he’s right but i rather he wouldn’t give Fla. ammo. GO CTAS

11. Big Blue B-Rad
    11:50 am September 26, 2013 Permalink

Rick, if you really think we’re the same team that lost to Western, you haven’t been watching. We have gotten exponentially better in the 3 weeks since that debacle. The UL game came down to turnovers, 3rd downs, and dropping passes. We still held our own against a team that many thought would blow us out of the water. So I absolutely think we can beat Florida. I just hope they don’t come out as tight as they did against Louisville. Go CATS!

12. sincitycat
    11:52 am September 26, 2013 Permalink

This is the same idiot who predicted during our game with Notre Dame last year the ND was going to be national champs in football.

13. Fake Al Purnell
    12:05 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Since when did his glass eye become a crystal ball? Regardless of the outcome, Old Folks’ Country Sausage paired with your favorite brand of Kentucky Sweet Water will be goooooooood!

14. UPSCat4080
    12:06 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Ummm…..I am pretty sure that Notre Dame came as close as humanly possible to winning the national championship without actually winning it. They were in the final game, so anything could have happened. Sure most people expected Bama to roll, as they did, but Dickie V was trying to pump up the Notre Dame crowd with that comment….no way he seriously believed it. What does he have to gain by making an upset comment about our game this weekend? Nothing. People have saw our improvement and believe in Mark Stoops. Go Cats!

15. Cincy Cayt
    12:14 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

As a UK alum I’m definitely no football expert, but it seems like we have to win the turnover battle to have a chance to win this game. After seeing UF handle UT (the same UT that demolished WKU the week after WKU beat us by two scores), I have a bad feeling this game isn’t close without us forcing fumbles and picks.

16. UK-razy
    1:17 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

I hate the “they beat this team who beat that team who beat us…..”….not relevant in the least, simply because it comes down to match-ups, and unless you are Bama, you are ripe to be picked off if any game where your perceived advantage in the match-ups is actually the other team’s. I said Monday I expect an upset, and I stick to it. Folks, this isn’t the Gators from 4-5 years ago….Oh, and does anyone REALLY believe UF players and coaches are looking for bulletin board material and getting it from Vitale??

17. HeHateMe
    1:18 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

You people are the worst kind of cats fans…….I am embarrassed to say that we are from the same State, fortunately, no one outside this a** backwards place actually reads or gives a flying **** about this site……get a grip on reality!! The level of talent at Florida negates anything that the D II talent in Lexington can pull out of their collective asses. Stupid, stupid, stupid! I’m about to go drink some booze and try to forget that I live in this state.

18. kentucky effect
    1:33 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Not a chance in Hell do we beat Florida….BBN is drinking waaaaaaaaay to much Matt Jones Kool Aid…

19. kentucky effect
    1:34 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Give Stoops time before we put such expectations on him….REALLY!

20. PhotoShop
    1:52 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

21. dubowski
    1:54 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

patrick sparks guy!

22. Do yourself one better
    1:55 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

17. Hehateme- pick up your cardboard box and move out of the state you “hate” so much. You people kill me complaining about where YOUR dumbass CHOSE to live!!!!!

23. Musehobo
    3:03 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Dicky V picks our wildcats to win in an upset and there are more crackpots on here dissing him then STD’s in the UL locker room. You fools are really talking about “expectations” from one of his comments? He actually thinks we’ll win. Give us all a break and take your negative Nancy ass off the message boards. In what planet is picking our team to win a bad thing? Regardless of his field of expertise, he says we have the best fans in the nation and you all are proving him wrong.

24. Robbie H
    6:50 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

This ky team is a team of the future. Give them a year or two and these coaches will continue recruiting and have this team ready to compete with anyone. I’ve listened to Matt Jones, he knows absolutely nothing about Football.

25. Some Guy in Kentucky
    7:55 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

I hope that the UK players come saturday ready to compete to win this game.

26. bigcatstanding
    9:51 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

This coming from Duke Vitale the same one that thinks UofL has more talent than UK. all this is is bulletin board material so his beloved Gators don’t lose.