Details Emerge from Contract Extensions of Three UK Football Assistants

As Mark Stoops finalizes his 2019 coaching staff, we now know the details of new deals for three UK offensive assistants.

Records obtained by the Courier-Journal reveal a few significant raises.  Last week we learned Vince Marrow now holds the title “Associate Head Coach.”  Along with that promotion is a substantial raise.  On track to make $475,000 in 2019, Marrow’s new three-year deal comes with a $600,000 starting salary and increases by $25,000 each year.

Offensive coordinator Eddie Gran will receive a similar deal after turning down an offer from Georgia’s Kirby Smart.  The three-year extension begins with $875,000 (a $25K increase from his previous deal) in 2019 and increases by $25,000 each year.

Wide receivers coach Michael Smith’s first deal at UK was set to expire at the end of this season.  Instead, he’ll get a $25,000 raise to $450,000 a year through 2020.

All three contracts come with buyouts; Smith’s is $100,000, while Gran and Marrow’s is $150,000.

We should learn more about Brad White and Jon Sumrall’s promotions before Spring Practice begins March 4.

[Courier-Journal]

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

16 Comments for Details Emerge from Contract Extensions of Three UK Football Assistants

1. Bill3
    1:04 pm February 21, 2019 Permalink

I’m all for this. We need to keep these guys.

2. cats646
    1:04 pm February 21, 2019 Permalink

FIRE EDDIE GRAN!!!!

• unbiasedfan
      6:15 pm February 21, 2019 Permalink

Your a joke cats646. I guess in your eyes Shannon Dawson was better. Get real. Gran’s offensive play calling strictly dictated by talent and whatever defenses give him. He has a proven track record behind him and now has a great one at Kentucky. Terry Wilson was not ready for several reasons to sit back and throw it 35 times a game. Thank God we had Benny. In my opinion, without question, Terry will be very much more ready to strike downfield on a more consistent basis. Show talent and ability here and there last year to do it. This year he will be a lot less stressed and also adjusted to Bug Boy football. Stepped right into the SEC on the fly and done very well. Only being a junior, the sky’s the limit for him because of his arm strength, improved accuracy, and I also believe a deadly runner. We should be able to field enough experience on the OL to where it won’t be a drop off but should improve with LY coming back. For us to be where we’ve been for 40 years and someone still have something to complain about after a 10 win season, C’mon man. Take your hate out somewhere else. Go Big Blue #WeAreUK

• JASUN74
      7:10 pm February 21, 2019 Permalink

Man I agree with you about everything. I think we’re ready to take off like a 747 this year and be right in the hunt for the East title again. I do think Cats646 was just joking around brother. Lol. I like your thinking though. Well done.

3. StuckinLville
    1:14 pm February 21, 2019 Permalink

Why is Gran making more than Vince? Makes no sense

• chardun20
      1:51 pm February 21, 2019 Permalink

Gran is offensive coordinator.

• cats646
      2:04 pm February 21, 2019 Permalink

Yea and Vince is the associate head coach. Trumps a coordinator any day.

• StuckinLville
      2:11 pm February 21, 2019 Permalink

Exactly and Marrow has been with Stoops since day 1.

4. StillBP
    1:27 pm February 21, 2019 Permalink

I just came here to read the Eddie Gran complaints. 2 out of 3 so far.

• cats646
      2:06 pm February 21, 2019 Permalink

I’m actually half joking about gran. I wanna see what he has this year. But if he doesn’t improve, a LOT, on his play calling now that he won’t have Benny to rely on, then I’ll be serious when I say FIRE EDDIE GRAN!!!!

• StuckinLville
      2:12 pm February 21, 2019 Permalink

Mine wasnt a complaint about his job, i asked why he was making more money. I’m not an idiot. I can see Gran has done for this program.

• StillBP
      2:24 pm February 21, 2019 Permalink

this thread hasn’t been as entertaining as I expected, which is good.

5. UKfansNKY
    1:56 pm February 21, 2019 Permalink

GREAT move by the University to KEEP these Guys!!!

The negative comments on Gran are uncalled for, so you can stop making yourself look stupid………..

GO CATS!!!

6. EastKYCAT
    2:03 pm February 21, 2019 Permalink

These are the best moves to make. Paying these individuals will increase our chances this coming year. Brad White will be a good one-two-punch with Stoops. And to Gran, he is opening up the playbook and people are going to shut up about him. The Big Dawg, need no comments.

7. Booher