Defensive End Commits to Central Florida Over Kentucky

Rivals.com

Rivals.com

Rivals.com

It hasn’t even been 24 hours and Kentucky is already losing recruits. Three-star defense end, Chris Whittaker, committed to the University of Central Florida this morning.

Whittaker chose Central Florida over South Carolina, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, Kentucky and South Florida.

Whittaker was a huge Kentucky target, but after last night’s performance can you blame him for going else where?

Article written by Kindsey Bernhard

Lover of dogs, sports and beer. @kindseybernhard

11 Comments for Defensive End Commits to Central Florida Over Kentucky

1. Bobbum Man
    2:18 pm September 4, 2016 Permalink

This article reads like it was solely last nights loss that cost us this recruit. I’m sure you’re smart enough to realize that’s not the case. Obviously a recruit isn’t going to not pick a school because they lost one game

2. Howdy Doody
    2:44 pm September 4, 2016 Permalink

Thanks Stoops…and YES, ONE game vs a C-USA team will do that.

3. abgunz
    3:28 pm September 4, 2016 Permalink

Not just Kentucky, but also South Carolina, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, and South Florida.

4. sp
    3:35 pm September 4, 2016 Permalink

Waiting for the decommits to start rolling in.

5. Big Blue Shawn
    3:42 pm September 4, 2016 Permalink

Smart choice. Sadly, our football program is a skid mark on the underpants of college football.

6. Patches
    4:03 pm September 4, 2016 Permalink

With Stoops as coach we will be lucky to get 2 star recruits. Matters not S. Miss with unranked players owned us

7. runningunnin.454
    4:04 pm September 4, 2016 Permalink

Well, he’s from Florida; and, obviously with under armour

8. Rsn2GoBlu
    7:06 pm September 4, 2016 Permalink

I am going to call BS on this one. He supposedly had offers from Notre Dame, South Carolina, Georgia Tech and UK. But pick Central Florida? I bet come next August this guy is a non-qualifier and goes the JUCO route.

• inside info2
      7:13 pm September 4, 2016 Permalink

Sorry, I should’ve read your comment before I posted mine. I said the same thing you did.

9. inside info2
    7:12 pm September 4, 2016 Permalink

As much as I think recruiting is going to suffer this year, I don’t think this had anything to do with last night. He had some good schools and picked UCF? Either he wanted to stay close to home or he won’t be playing D-1 due to grades.

10. Lexingtonyn
    10:15 pm September 4, 2016 Permalink

Central Florida? Must have been impressed by that big win they had over South Carolina State yesterday. He might not want to watch the next game vs. Michigan.

Absolutely nothing to do with last night. Give me a break.