Darius West and Bunchy Stallings ejected from the game

Two of Kentucky’s key players were ejected from Saturday’s game against Georgia.

First, safety Darius West was sent to the locker room for targeting. The penalty occurred in the beginning of the second half, so West will have to sit out the first half of the Tennessee game next week.

Then later in the half, offensive lineman Bunchy Stallings was kicked out of the game for making contact with an unofficial, a penalty the Cats know all too well. As was the case with Benny Snell in last season’s Music City Bowl, the “contact” in question looked pretty innocent.

Stallings’ punishment will not carry over into next week.

Article written by Drew Franklin

15 Comments for Darius West and Bunchy Stallings ejected from the game

1. USMC5150
    6:39 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

What the hell the official bumped him!

2. dhard
    6:49 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

The sec should be so proud of the crew they sent to work this game.

3. ScottGreene22
    6:52 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

Targeting call was bullshit

• ukkatzfan
      7:19 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

Targeting rules are what they are. And by those rules,he was guilty

• JASUN74
      11:43 am November 4, 2018 Permalink

I love west but he absolutely wanted out !!! He’s played enough Football to know what he was doing and he may that call very easy for the refs. We really needed him but he’s a fiery dude and just lost his cool for a second. Lol Has happened to a lot af guys this year but this was 100% to wrong time to do something like that and hurt your team like that. Just pull yourself out of the game and cool off. I didn’t like Bunchys ejection at all. Looked clear that the ref instigated that. Bunchy may have give him a stiff chest but he didn’t deserve a shower yet. They need to fix that shit before next season so a rouge ref can’t control a big game like these.

• JASUN74
      11:46 am November 4, 2018 Permalink

I’m not saying the ref did anything because I wasn’t standing down there. Heck Bunchy may have said a little prayer for him or he may have told him he better not touch him again. Who knows? Lmao.

4. cathatter
    6:52 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

Benny almost got tossed in first half for flippping ball st the official! Some folks never learn! 🙁

• JASUN74
      12:05 pm November 4, 2018 Permalink

Third game in a row he’s let his temper tantrum come close to getting an SEC one hour special, called ‘ What happened to Bennie’? Or ‘Benny The Big Baby’. ‘Benny Babies’. Lmao. Actually that last one could be the next big dolls for Christmas. Haha. A few Our guys need to talk to someone about their tempers and how little things can cause big troubles and ruin people’s career over bad decisions. and I know these guys are kids, and I’m very proud of all of them, I just don’t want their reputations to cost them money or a future. Benny has a big time opportunity with his brand and could make or break Millions of Dollars within the next few years. Am I just scared for him and being petty or what do u all think ? Am I close or way off the map?

5. N-UR-i
    6:56 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

That wasnt smart of Bunchy or Benny. West being out first half is gonna hurt us next game.

• Blue Bill
      8:55 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

I didn’t see bunchy do anything. At all. Worse than the Benny’s bowl game toss.

6. big cat
    7:07 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

We gotta hold it together. We will be fine.

7. Underdog
    7:50 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

Clearly IF Bunchy even touched the ref, it was very minor if not just a slight brush, hardly worthy of a quick flag.

A good analogy is a cop giving a ticket for going 56 in a 55 mph zone.

That would be a bullsh!t ticket, just as the ref, being supposedly the mature one on the field, should be an example of “cooler heads prevailing.”

Adrenaline is flowing out there. The ref physically bumps Bunchy, playing the instigator, then Bunchy’s hand apparently grazes the ref.

EJECTION!

BS!

• JASUN74
      12:14 pm November 4, 2018 Permalink

Underdog, the difference with the ticket and the ejection is that the ticket would be thrown out in court!! I doubt they will be anything come from Bunchys but it sure hurts to lose him in a big game like that and the ref knew that to. We may have some hot headed refs in football that all little tough guys and making a little on the side for games. I’m not accusing! But That big boy does make a big difference. He sure takes a lot of space up in there. Lol. Ohh well.

• JASUN74
      12:23 pm November 4, 2018 Permalink

I apologize if I sounded like I thought they won because of cheating! I’m just disappointed and hurt and need to man up I guess. Not going to be that guy. I just hate losing like that when we all knew if we played hard than it should have been a great game with big time effort. Every single one of Georgia’s kids gave their all with big effort and it looked like about 80 percent of Our kids played 100%. Maybe the game was just to big for some of our guys I guess. I wouldn’t like that excuse if I was JOSH ALLEN and would be pissed.

8. The West call was warranted, but not Bunchy’s. Not at all.