Danny Clark announces he will transfer

After two years at Kentucky, Danny Clark will transfer. The redshirt freshman quarterback just announced on Twitter he will continue his football career at a different school:

Clark, a former Ohio State commit, finishes his Kentucky career with a rushing touchdown on two carries in three games. With Terry Wilson asserting himself as Kentucky’s starting quarterback and Gunnar Hoak as backup, the news isn’t exactly surprising, especially after his father hinted he would transfer earlier this season. Regardless, we wish him the best of luck.

[mobile_ad]

52 Comments for Danny Clark announces he will transfer

1. brandond373
    12:57 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

What does his status even mean??

• Middy
      1:26 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

He must be a movie buff… It’s a reference to the movie Terminator Salvation. Hate to see that kid leave, but some birds aren’t meant to be caged, their feathers are too bright. Best of luck to him! Man… It seems harder and harder for teams to keep a quality backup.

2. gasman01
    1:02 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Can’t blame him one bit. He was never given a chance to show what he could do. Better hope Wilson doesn’t get hurt next year. Hoak is not the answer.

• RackEmWillie
      1:02 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

I’m assuming Hoak won’t be here next year, either. Not sure who the back-up would be next year.

• J-Dub421
      1:26 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Oh just stop with the “he was never given a chance to show what he could do” garbage. Clark had his chances to prove himself in practice, the same as everyone else. He got beaten out. This is life.

• ClutchCargo
      1:53 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

What is it about backup quarterbacks that brings out the drama queens? Clark couldn’t even pass Gunnar on the depth chart, so that should tell you something. Wish him well and move on.

• gasman01
      2:55 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

I can assure you that I’m not a drama queen. I’ve been a diehard fan for 50 years. All I’m saying is that a few weeks ago, everyone was screaming to bench Wilson, and it may have been beneficial to have played Clark a few series and see how he responded. He was a 4 star coming out of high school.

• bigbluebanana
      3:18 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

He did go in for a few plays. Read the article or remember the season gasman. Staff saw this kid every day in practice, he just wasn’t up to snuff, obviously. There’s no conspiracy here.

• zoupman
      2:40 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Hate to see him go. I also think he wasn’t given much of a chance. He will make someone a good QB. Just hope we don’t have to play that school.

• 4everUKblue
      3:03 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

See comment ii by J-Dub. He had the same chance in practice as everyone else.

• ClutchCargo
      3:29 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Ok, maybe drama queen is a bit harsh. But I wasn’t screaming for Wilson to be benched. And even if he was, that doesn’t necessarily mean playing time for the 3rd string QB. With zero experienced QB’s coming into this season, he had as good a shot as the other two at earning the job and it didn’t happen. I’m not glad to see him go, but good for him if he finds a better opportunity out there for himself.

3. RackEmWillie
    1:02 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Wish him the best. I would have liked to have seen what he could have done, but I definitely understand the decision based on the situation. I’m assuming Hoak will transfer as well.

• mashburnfan1
      6:03 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

I think Clark had some potential as well. Had the power and body to be tough to bring down. Throws at fan day looked good but who knows, it was 1 day. Losing Hoak would have been better but you are probably right, Hoak will go as well since he can play right away no matter where he goes, someone will take a chance.

4. shelby
    1:11 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Happens every year at a LOT of schools. Only 1 QB can be the starter. He was given his chance in spring and fall and was beat out.

• zoupman
      4:35 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Not sure it was a fair competition. They seemed smitten with Terry and his cute nickname from the start. I bet ya, Clark doesn’t slide in OT against A & M, but rather mans up and gets the first down.

• JoeMoney333
      7:42 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

God you’re whiney zoupman

• mashburnfan1
      6:04 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

and fumbles like he did that 1 play he got in during meaningful time.

5. TMacFromNichVegas
    1:15 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Who is Danny Clark?

6. michaelb
    1:15 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

His expression says it all. He’s ed bass masters twin

7. StuckinLville
    1:29 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Hoak will head on out too. Im surprised Clark didnt want until the bowl game though.

8. davis2319
    1:40 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

That’s a shame because he is wayyyyy better than Gunnar Hoak. Obviously Terry is by far the best option, it would’ve been nice to have a decent backup. Hoak is a dumpster fire

• cats646
      1:49 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Agree!

• Kernel Sanders
      2:36 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

I think what you meant to say is Hoak, at this point, is still a Wildcat and as a UK fan I support and respect every player on our roster. At least any fan that isn’t a total jerk would say that, so I’m sure that was what you intended.

• davis2319
      2:46 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

No I said what I meant. I promise you I support this team way more than you do Kernel Dumbass. That’s my problem, I care so much that when I see Gunnar Hoak enter the game I get physically ill. You must’ve been one of the people saying “pUt GunNaR HoAk iN”. I respect every player on the team as a person. That doesn’t mean I have to respect their ability, or in this case his lack of ability. Get out of here with that soft shit I want to win plain and simple.

• monteverdi
      2:43 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Wait, I thought Hoak was our best QB and Wilson was a dumpster fire. I just can’t keep up with fan opinions these days.

• davis2319
      2:51 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Monteverdi, I know what you are saying. However, I can promise you my opinion of who our best option at quarterback is has never changed and never will.

• 4everUKblue
      3:05 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Monteverdi, I guess you haven’t been watching the games, that or you’re just a hater.

• krautdog
      3:29 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Terry “Quickslide”?

• cats646
      3:50 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Stfu Kernel Sanders. Gunnar Hoak can’t throw the ball as far as I can. In other words, he sucks. Sure I support him and want him to get better, but I don’t think he can. Just because they play for Ky doesn’t mean I’m gonna pretend like they’re good if they suck d!ck. I’m sure he’s a nice kid and could make a decent backup in some other conference, but not here

• Kernel Sanders
      4:05 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

cats646, actually I leave the coaching to the coaches, including who should play and when. I prefer to support all our players and not be an internet jerk that degrades them anonymously just because they don’t live up to my standards. In other words, I support my alma mater, my team, my coaches and my players. Your language, petty demeanor and name calling tells me all I need to know about you. Geez you say “he sucks” in one breath and “sure I support” him in the next. If you have kids that played sports, I hope they never had to deal with people like you guys that get so wrapped up in their self anointed superior fandom they don’t even realize what a jerk they are. Have a pleasant day and try to get a life.

• Kernel Sanders
      4:13 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

lol @ Davis … I care so much I am entitled to be an a$$hole toward 19 year old kids and I don’t care who knows it because I’m the best fan ever. Just ask me, I know.”

• davis2319
      4:16 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Get it right, Kernel Sanders. I did not say he sucked. I said he was a dumpster fire….. lol. You are probably in your 40’s or 50’s on here oddly defending a football player. Kind of weird. Anyways, you should probably get a life too. By your attitude on here of “Lets all be nice and cheer for everyone” and “Everyone gets a medal”. You are probably used to settling for mediocre outcomes in life. I want UK football to reach its potential.

• Kernel Sanders
      4:31 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Davis, can you read? I was replying to cats646, CLEARLY since I used his name in my reply. I simply ignore the rest since obviously you are clueless.

• michaelb
      4:55 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Yea kernel those guys are retards

• Kernel Sanders
      5:03 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

I know michaelb, my powers of resistance to engage with morons was weak today. I feel slimy now, like I fell in a sewer. Lol

• cats646
      4:56 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

I didn’t call him any names, you know nothing about me. I just stated the fact that he sucks. And I hope if you have kids you don’t coach them because they will never get any better with you always telling them they’re good even when they’re not. I can support him and want him to get better without lying to him and telling him how good he is when he is not. The world could use a little less “yes” men like yourself. Try and work on having a goddamn spine, then talk to me about getting a life. Smh incompetent fuk.

• cats646
      4:59 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Michealb? Kernel Sanders just put down people who name call and you jump on his side by calling us names?! You’re just as much an incompetent little fuk as he is. Laughable actually.

• cats646
      5:10 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

I’m curious Kernel, did michealb’ name calling tell you all you need to know about him?

• cats646
      5:11 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Also way to reply to someone on your side and shy away from me, the guy making you look like a moron. I see you still have that whole getting a spine thing to work on. Smh pathetic.

• Kernel Sanders
      5:25 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Well congrats 646. Obviously you don’t need anybody else’s help to make you look like a moron. You do fine at it all by yourself. AMF I’m out

• cats646
      5:33 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Good one. 1934 called, they want their joke book back. Smh. You and michealb run along now since you clearly aren’t intelligent enough even together to make one good point.

9. JohnnyCheeseSticks
    2:51 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Damnit. I was hoping that Gran was transferring to a high school team. Best of luck to Clark.

• mashburnfan1
      6:08 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

No High School would take him

10. sammysunshine
    5:52 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

We are a Hoak transfer away from Walker Wood being the back up

• mashburnfan1
      6:11 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

We will have FR next year that can back up TW. Hoak was not the answer, he will leave as well. Would rather take my chances on one of the new guys coming in, Scalzo seems pretty tough and played in a good area vs some talent.

11. JASUN74
    6:17 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Best of luck Danny!! You have been putting in the work, and it will pay off , I sure hope you find a great fit for yourself . Sometimes we have to take different paths in life, but we can always turn around and try another one. I wish you the best, and as long as you believe in yourself, you will never fail!! Thanks for giving your all to the Cats, and we will be pulling for you.

• gasman01
      6:25 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Very well said!!

• notFromhere
      8:09 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Agreed.

Wish he stayed, but will follow his career with interest.

I think he would best step into a backup role in the TW offense because of his skill set, and be better suited to take over post TW. His leadership qualities seemed to be more akin to what we need at the position to push up further.

12. Jesus H. Chrysler
    7:59 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

He’ll land at Cincinnati, Pittsburgh or WVU

13. notFromhere
    8:01 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Very disappointing, but can’t blame him. Kids today can’t stick things out like they used to or they lose every opportunity. I’d want to play, as well.

Both Clark and Wilson are 4 star QBs. It’s a system issue. UK is caught in between systems right now. Gran usually does a more pro-style system, but has been forced into an RPO style because of the personnel. Trying to scheme to the talent is tough when you’re not Bama, Florida, Georgia, or OSU.

We’ve seen how well a pro-style offense has (not) worked in the SEC for UK in the past, so it’s a blessing in disguise.. of sorts

14. UKfanforlife
    2:52 pm November 28, 2018 Permalink

I wish Clark the best of luck. The UK staff does not believe in playing 2nd or 3rd string QBs. The Texas A & M game was the 1st string QBs worst performance, by a mile and they stuck with him. Back up QBs don’t see the field that often. I don’t blame Clark for leaving.

Should UK starter stay healthy all season, make quicker progression reads, and increase his accuracy, the team will be fine. He does not have great pocket awareness and is not that shifty in traffic. He does have great top end speed, once he gets going, and he avoids contact. I have been kind of down on him a lot, this season. QBs have been known to make a big leap from one year to the next, from being a first time starter. If the “light” comes on for the Wilson, next season, we just have to pray that he stays healthy. I do expect him to improve his reads. As for his long ball being more accurate, I am hoping he puts a little arch on the long ball and drops them in there for a higher percentage.